UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

UEFA's Danish exco member Jesper Moller says he expects Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City to be kicked out of CL semis this week: "The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season's) Champions League tournament"

The Super League have written to UEFA and FIFA warning that is has filed motions in courts preventing the footballing authorities imposing bans #mulive [times]

The Athletic UK
@TheAthleticUK

NEWS | Chelsea, Manchester City & Real Madrid have been warned that they will likely be kicked out of this season’s #UCL after they agreed to join a new breakaway European Super League.

Uefa's Executive Committee will discuss expelling Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal from the semi-finals of Champions League and Europa League at a meeting on Friday. ExCo due to decide on Euro 2020 venues. This will also be on agenda. More on @TeleFootball

A new UEFA meeting will take place in the next 24 hours. There will be a motion to formally expel #mufc and Arsenal from the Europa League and Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid from the Champions League #mulive [@Chris78Williams]

Shock horror 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jason Burt

@JBurtTelegraph

It appears that some Uefa executive committee members do want to discuss expelling the club from the CL and EL semi-finals but it is beginning to sound such a move will be unlikely this season after all. Legally going to be tough..

Jamie Carragher: "This is not Liverpool, #mufc, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City - this is John Henry and FSG, this is the Glazers, this is Roman Abramovich, Sheikh Mansour, Stan Kroenke, Daniel Levy. These are the people to blame for this." #mulive [sky]

FB_IMG_1618853134755.jpg

It appears that some Uefa executive committee members do want to discuss expelling the club from the CL and EL semi-finals but it is beginning to sound such a move will be unlikely this season after all. Legally going to be tough..

I can imagine it being a legal nightmare. No one ever tried to barge his way out like this, so there are likely no clear regulations. It all mostly ran on vague gentleman's agreement...until this week.

One thing you have to laugh at in the press release for the ESL is the bit about this group has 99 european trophies between them.

Then you remember City are in there so the remaining 11 clubs have 99 european trophies between them.

(Couldn’t resust. 😛.).
Scouse you need to correct your statement City won the Cup Winners Cup in 1970 so it's 98 trophies between the remain 11.

I've been thinking how the entire idea of Super League seems misguided. Those big dramatic games between elite clubs are exciting because you're waiting for them all year. For Real to play Barca, Bayern to play BVB or Liverpool to meet Atletico in Champions League. If stuff like this was to happen 3 times every week all year round, I think I would get bored with it quickly.