Man city sacked Mancini and appointed Martinez, sacked him after about 9 months and appointed Javier Aguirre, he left for Mexico :| and then they appointed Luigi DelNeri

Tony Mowbray to Man Utd. happened in one of my games.

Yer I seriously doubt Fergie would move. That would be going too far. He's never moved clubs on mine, just retired.

Vincent Kompany after he retired at 28 for reasons unknown went to manage AC.Milan
Harry Redknapp went to Bradford in league 1 from Tottenham.
Roy Hodgson was sacked as Liverpool boss went to Fulham (again) the Liverpool reoffered him the job after a few weeks..so there he was back at Liverpool. (That one really got me confused)
And finally...
Paul Jewell went to manage Real Madrid.

Vincent Kompany after he retired at 28 for reasons unknown went to manage AC.Milan
Harry Redknapp went to Bradford in league 1 from Tottenham.
Roy Hodgson was sacked as Liverpool boss went to Fulham (again) the Liverpool reoffered him the job after a few weeks..so there he was back at Liverpool. (That one really got me confused)
And finally...
Paul Jewell went to manage Real Madrid.

Seriously? Did Redknapp get sacked or he just leave?
Never seen what happened to Roy happen on any save of mine, really strange.

And Paul Jewell to Real Madrid? That has to be the worst one I've seen.

Seriously? Did Redknapp get sacked or he just leave?
Never seen what happened to Roy happen on any save of mine, really strange.

And Paul Jewell to Real Madrid? That has to be the worst one I've seen.

Absolutly serious..it was ghastly some of the changes I saw on that save.
Redknapp just left I believe.

In 2016 I have:

Chelsea: Quique Flores, Liverpool: Gregorio Manzano, Manchester City: Alan Shearer, Manchester United: Mike Phelan, Middlesbrough: Gareth Southgate, Sunderland: Michael Owen, Arsenal: Tony Mowbray (Wenger retired), Bristol City: Ricardo Carvalho, Burnley: Ryan Giggs, Coventry City: Rio Ferdinand, West Brom: Frank Lampard, Newcastle: Garry Neville... Villarreal: Thierry Henry, Almería: Ruud van Nistelrooy (coach) (H)

In regard to the how long does it take question, Well the badges are as follows, Level 1 - Level 2 - Uefa B - Uefa A - Uefa Pro -, There is a badge known as fifa pro which im not 100% sure what its for. Of course there are many other courses but those are officially what you need. However when you have been a pro footballer you enter normally at uefa B stage, also now most championship and below YTS ( youth players) players take their level 1 and 2 as part of the education side of things.
There is not an exact time frame for the uefa B and A badges, although it is made up of assignments, packs and actual coaching, you have resident weeks and support days, you also have a final exam. To be honest there is to much to write down on what the course consits of, for uefa A it is now a min of i think 600 hours course time i believe. 400 hours for uefa B.
To be a manager in the top flight you must have your uefa pro badge, uefa A and pro are invite only, but basically if you pass your uefa B you should be invited on.
To be a coach at any pro club in england you do not actually need any badges, obviously you need them all to be a manager.
Anyway i would predict a ex prem player could become a manager in around 2-3 years if he started his uefa B badge before he retired ( last season or so) Aslong as his uefa pro was ongoing he could take a job.
One more point, if you are spanish and wish to become a manager there, you cannot go past uefa B stage in spain unless you have played so many top flight games, or have so many international senior caps.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yer I knew it took a while from own personal experience. Just would have thought a game with so much effort put into realism would have focused more on it or actually left enough time for a player to do the badges before managing a team.

Just seen Everton relegated 1st season on my game, Moyes wasn't given the sack, but he got given the villa job midway through the 2nd season!

these transfers are good and bad. the good thing is the new managers suck. the bad thing is the sudden change in strategies that decimate my team.

these transfers are good and bad. the good thing is the new managers suck. the bad thing is the sudden change in strategies that decimate my team.

The other bad thing is the unrealism of them. Some of them are absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe SI haven't realised this yet.

I did a little test to see who would take over my Liverpool if I resigned (won the league, CL and FA cup and Liverpool was 3rd highest rated club in Europe). Avram Grant got the job and he left West Ham at 19th and possible relegation! How does that work?

OK so this just trumps all the ones I've had. Became manager of Papa New Guinea, sent an Advertisement out for the U-19 Managers job. Take a look at the applicants. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

On one of my saves had wenger go to milan got sacked year later and went back to arsenal again...
shearer usually ends up at spurs...
one time even had michael owen at QPR
jose bosingwa at R. Madrid

Was rather puzzled when Carlos Quieroz retired as manager of valencia 1 match before winning spanish title...
manager Oli took credit and then finished 11th season after... made me laugh

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

OK so this just trumps all the ones I've had. Became manager of Papa New Guinea, sent an Advertisement out for the U-19 Managers job. Take a look at the applicants. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

thats average response?? LMAO

In my save with City Wenger is managing Inter Milan..