allowing alot more corners than usual with v5

I can't get the size right but it's 3rd most in the league 18 games through the season with 5 conceded. And they've cost me 6 points.

Last edited:

The guide how to get the tactic fully fluid and have "Superb" morale for the team before start of the first season.

It takes much longer to get the tactic fully fluid in first season than next seasons.

You should play no less than 12 friendlys.

Cancel all pre-set friendly and arrange them by yourself. I recommend to choose "Very Small Reputation Teams" in order to have 100% probability of win. Period between matches should be 3-4 days.

It's very boring to play all these friendlys and you don't have to!

Before the match go on holiday for 1 day! Your ***. manager will do just fine. Remember you are playing against very weak teams and even your backup players can handle it.

Don't forget to tick this option before "Go On Holidays"

GOH.jpg

In this case mostly what will be used from the tactic is formation but it's enough because you play against very weak teams.

As result you have the tactic almost fully fluid and all team "Superb" morale before first match of the season.

Certainly, this guide for clubs which don't rely on money from friendlys and such money means nothing to them.

Last edited:
This is the best tactic i have used on football manager 2014 i won league two and the johnstone's paint trophy with rochdale.

the latest one V5 i think can't remember

Last edited:
************IMPORTANT************

Tactic has been updated to V6

Guys, I agree with many feedbacks that the tactic has lost its "shine" and there’s not enough "firepower" in V5 so I've reverted some changes:

MCL and MCR are back to attack duties but central MC is DPL role now.

Download the new version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/fiahu7h50u1i867/TFF_CROSS_V6.tac

Soon I'll also update Overload and Caution tactics.

Download links in opening post have been updated.

P.S. Oppss, I uploaded the wrong file, I’ve corrected it now. Please redownload.

Last edited:
i see DLP defend? why not support? First match lost 3-1 my opponent has 5 CCC

Guys, I agree with many feedbacks that the tactic has lost its "shine" and there?s not enough "firepower" in V5 so I've reverted some changes:

Download the new version - TFF_CROSS_V6

Guys, I agree with many feedbacks that the tactic has lost its "shine" and there?s not enough "firepower" in V5 so I've reverted some changes:

Download the new version - TFF_CROSS_V6

P.S. Oppss, I uploaded the wrong file, I?ve corrected it now. Please redownload.

Surely if you stick with a DLP-D we will want a different type of player there (in terms of attribute recommendations), right? Not totally different but he won't need dribbling and maybe not off the ball, for instance.

PS v5 was working pretty well for me, though I did have a few more draws than usual, I had won the last two games by a combined 11-0.

Last edited:
Tactic has been updated to V7

Download the V7 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszypiczvleidqa/TFF_CROSS_V8.tac

Changes:

- Changed duty of central MC to "Support". Current MCs setup looks like most balanced! I’m very happy with it.

- Moved DL/DR to WBL/WBR positions, It help further improve attack and build-up play, also defense became more solid.

Now CROSS_V7 formation looks like this:

Formation_N.jpg

I've tested V7:

First season, Norwich City(Predicted to finish 16th by media).

Download the game save - TFF_Norwich_Test_CROSS_V7

I bought 4 players to suite the tactic Alberto Rivera, Jonathan Zebina, Magnus Lekven, Michael Arroyo. These players have the same quality as average Norwich City player, 125-132 CA.

After 20 games played I was sitting 1st and the team had one of the best G.D. in the league so I’m totally stratified with V7.

Table

Table_N.jpg

Fixtures
Fixtures_N.jpg

Goals

Goals_N.jpg

Conceded
Conceded_N.jpg

P.S. Soon I'll updated recommended attributes for MC position. Also notice that for V7 PPM "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" recommended for MCL/MCR and undesirable for MC.

P.P.S. One small addition, as you can see V7 uses wing backs, almost all fullbacks have at least “Competent” or “Accomplished” rating for Wing Back position. Anyway I recommend train them for Wing Back position even they have "Accomplished" rating for it.

Last edited: