Will try v7) Have you used only one tactic or v7 with tactics in OP?

************IMPORTANT************
Tactic has been updated to V7

Download the V7 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszypiczvleidqa/TFF_CROSS_V8.tac

Changes:

- Changed duty of central MC to "Support". Current MCs setup looks like most balanced! I'm very happy with it.

- Moved DL/DR to WBL/WBR positions, It help further improve attack and build-up play, also defense became more solid.

Now CROSS_V7 formation looks like this:

Formation_N.jpg

I"ve tested V7:

First season, Norwich City(Predicted to finish 16th by media).

Download the game save - TFF_Norwich_Test_CROSS_V7

I bought 4 players to suite the tactic Alberto Rivera, Jonathan Zebina, Magnus Lekven, Michael Arroyo. These players have the same quality as average Norwich City player, 125-132 CA.

After 20 games played I was sitting 1st and the team had one of the best G.D. in the league so I'm totally stratified with V7.

Table

Table_N.jpg

Fixtures
Fixtures_N.jpg

Goals

Goals_N.jpg

Conceded
Conceded_N.jpg

P.S. Soon I'll updated recommended attributes for MC position. Also notice that for V7 PPM "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" recommended for MCL/MCR and undesirable for MC.

P.P.S. One small addition, as you can see V7 uses wing backs, almost all fullbacks have at least “Competent” or “Accomplished” rating for Wing Back position. Anyway I recommend train them for Wing Back position even they have "Accomplished" rating for it.

I'll put it here... ;)

Will try v7) Have you used only one tactic or v7 with tactics in OP?
Yup, for testing purpose.

Last edited:
With the V4 tactic I got a quadruple first season with Arsenal's current starting team (without summer transfer list) and second season I won the title and I forget which other cup it was. Excellent tactic and I'm looking forward to trying to work it with a lower league club now.

I have been using v.5 for for first half of the season. In the previous season I used v.4.

When compared to v.4 I was a bit more solid on defence but scoring fewer goals as well. Also with v.4 I scored more goals from corners.

Below some results from this season - the most proud moment, beating Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu :) But didnt manage to qualify for the next round.

View attachment 401962View attachment 401961View attachment 401960View attachment 401957

Will plug the v.7 now - I'm half way the season

- keep up the good work mate

Hi mate,

Seems like you have come up with a sucessful set of tactics here, well done.

Before I test out your new version (v7) can I ask, are you just using that for all games now an not switching to another version to protect a lead etc? Or are you still using the 2 alternate versions from your first post along with v7?

Thanks.

I have been using v.5 for for first half of the season. In the previous season I used v.4.

Will plug the v.7 now - I'm half way the season

- keep up the good work mate
Thanks for the feedback, mate.

One small addition, as you can see V7 uses wing backs, almost all fullbacks have at least “Competent” or “Accomplished” rating for Wing Back position. Anyway I recommend train them for Wing Back position even they have "Accomplished" rating for it.

Hi mate,

Seems like you have come up with a sucessful set of tactics here, well done.

Before I test out your new version (v7) can I ask, are you just using that for all games now an not switching to another version to protect a lead etc? Or are you still using the 2 alternate versions from your first post along with v7?

Thanks.

Yup, for testing purpose I used only the base tactic V7.

Now the only difference between CROSS_Overload and Base_Cross tactic is D-Line. The Overload tactic has much higher D-Line.

Also I’ve updated Caution tactic and changed mentality to “Defensive”, added “Waste Time” TI, I think it will be a good move to use it, for example, in last 15 min if you lead by 2 goals but I haven’t tested it yet.

I like the V7, much more ball possesion and shots, but the CCC seem's very low on this. I get like 1-2 every match, while in V5 and 4, I got like 3-8 every match.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I would really like to see PPM suggestions which were mentioned a few pages back :)

Also, will try v7 tonight. I am keeping v4 around as my "backup" because I had good success with it. v5 and v6 my results haven't been quite as predictable.

Also I wanted to mention that in the 2nd half of my season, I didn't concede any corners at all, so it must have been bad luck in the first half of the season. But thanks TTF9 for PM'ing me and offering to help. I really appreciate all of your continuing support for your tactic, it's the best in my ~5 years of playing that I've seen :)

I'm coming back with the same question related to the team-talk approach: what team-talk should I apply and when, because as I've seen on away games, I don't manage to win many games (1 out of 4 on average).

Thank you.

Last edited:
Guys, you can redownload the tactic or add by yourself PI “Dribble Less” to central MC(DPL). I only now have noticed that I forgot to add it.

In order to avoid confusion it will be version V8 because it’s very important PI and has strong affect on MC performance.

Download V8 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszypiczvleidqa/TFF_CROSS_V8.tac

But thanks TTF9 for PM'ing me and offering to help. I really appreciate all of your continuing support for your tactic, it's the best in my ~5 years of playing that I've seen :)
You are always welcome, mate!
I'm coming back with the same question related to the team-talk approach: what team-talk should I apply and when, because as I've seen on away games, I don't manage to win many games (1 out of 4 on average).

Thank you.
I promise:) when I got time I'll make team-talks guide but there's really nothing hard about team-talks.

P.S. Overload and Caution tactics also have been updated.

Last edited:
Just switched to V8, tactic not fluid yet, looks alright.....

Try reloading the page, and click the download button another time. That helped for me, seems Mediafire is on some problems in the last couple of time

Hmm looking at the 8-0 victory over Wigan maybe I should give this tactic another try :p Last version I have tried was.. v2 or v3.. Just out of curiosity.. how big is the different between v3 and v8... 100% better? :p more?

Hmm looking at the 8-0 victory over Wigan maybe I should give this tactic another try :p Last version I have tried was.. v2 or v3.. Just out of curiosity.. how big is the different between v3 and v8... 100% better? :p more?

I won everything except FA Cup 1st season using V3 with Arsenal, 2nd season switched to V5, very solid defensively and now with V8 I'm scoring a lot more goals. Best tactic for 14.3 in my opinion. I'll post up my results at the end of the season, then I'll try in a different league.