What are your Pet hates?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 130K
The high levels of illiteracy on internet forums.

The high levels of illiteracy on internet forums.

Haha just reminded me, people who find it clever and amusing to correct peoples spelling mistakes or to mock there punctuation. Pretty pathetic, fair enough if its in an important document but most of the time its not, so who gives a **** find some other way to temporarily boost your low self esteem. Exhibited by lonesome Lee himself, what an honour.

Last edited:
Haha just reminded me, people who find it clever and amusing to correct peoples spelling mistakes or to mock there punctuation.

Haha just reminded me, people who find it clever and amusing to correct peoples spelling mistakes or to mock their punctuation.

Fixed.

Haha just reminded me, people who find it clever and amusing to correct peoples spelling mistakes or to mock their punctuation.

Fixed.
Pet hates:

That there isn't a dislike post button on this site.XD

I'm with Lizard_Growl, going round having a heart attack when someone misuses an apostrophe on the internet is pretty gay.:S

Hey sexy mother, want to kill all humans?

Fixed. If its a quote you didn't put quotation marks.

Thought you were being sarcastic at first but no, ill be an expertise mod and redirect you http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f23/what-are-your-pet-hates-t21137

Mama & Wanna are valid reductions, so not sure what you're getting at.

PS. I thought you were being sarcastic at first, but no. I'll be an expert mod and redirect you http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f23/what-are-your-pet-hates-t21137.

Hurray, it's taken you four posts but you've finally managed to write a sentence without omitting any words and punctuation. Shame it doesn't make any sense though. Care to explain?

PS. My arithmetic is awful, good job we have calculators, but I'm fairly strong with Maths as a whole.

Hurray, it's taken you four posts but you've finally managed to write a sentence without omitting any words and punctuation. Shame it doesn't make any sense though. Care to explain?

PS. My arithmetic is awful, good job we have calculators, but I'm fairly strong with Maths as a whole.

My point is that it doesn't matter about simple spelling mistakes and punctuation so i don't know what point your trying to prove apart from how pathetic it is. What doesn't make sense? follow a link (you made it easier for yourselves here! its all in 5's and 10's!) and the add the pretty numbers :wub: and maybe you will read your own rules and quit being a pedantic fool who finds its necessary to re-correct people on a forum (of all places) because you got a C in GCSE English language.

P.S nice CV perhaps you should step back from a computer and get a job, and who knows maybe you will make some people skills to add to your personal statement, don't think correcting people on FM-Base has any credibility.

Last edited:
People who drive really slow in the overtaking lane.

My point is that it doesn't matter about simple spelling mistakes and punctuation so i don't know what point your trying to prove apart from how pathetic it is. What doesn't make sense? follow a link (you made it easier for yourselves here! its all in 5's and 10's!) and the add the pretty numbers :wub: and maybe you will read your own rules and quit being a pedantic fool who finds its necessary to re-correct people on a forum (of all places) because you got a C in GCSE English language.

P.S nice CV perhaps you should step back from a computer and get a job, and who knows maybe you will make some people skills to add to your personal statement, don't think correcting people on FM-Base has any credibility

It's a thread about 'Pet Hates' and it just so happens that people who fail at English so badly out of pure laziness is a pet hate of mine. There are spell-checkers built into all modern web-browsers so there's no excuse these days. Correcting spelling/punctuation isn't something I would normally do but the fact you said people only do it to boost their self-esteem is just ridiculous. Why should people who have some sort of standards automatically be put down?

Still no idea what your point is with linking the infractions. We don't actually add them up ourselves, computers are clever machines that do it all themselves.

The CV is a three year old University assignment....

So congratulations on being a Grade A moron.

It's a thread about 'Pet Hates' and it just so happens that people who fail at English so badly out of pure laziness is a pet hate of mine. There are spell-checkers built into all modern web-browsers so there's no excuse these days. Correcting spelling/punctuation isn't something I would normally do but the fact you said people only do it to boost their self-esteem is just ridiculous. Why should people who have some sort of standards automatically be put down?

Still no idea what your point is with linking the infractions. We don't actually add them up ourselves, computers are clever machines that do it all themselves.

The CV is a three year old University assignment....

So congratulations on being a Grade A moron.

Fine, just for you Mr.Taylor i will simplify. Shame your web browser can only spell check for you.

Always stay on topic (aka no spamming).
Please don't just post with a single word or smiley unless you really have to. (Pretty much, you re-corrected a few petty mistakes)
Do not abuse other members
-------------------------------------------------------
Going off topic - 5 Points x4?
Spam - 10 (surely that and off topic is the same)
Insulting another member - 15 Points

That's got to get you a 1 day ban at least, i'm not the 'webmaster' here so i'm not really sure how your rules pan out.

Well why do people re-correct the most pointless things other than to make themselves feel 'big' im not really sure here, im not one of the pathetic minority of the internet who think its their obligation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No point making another post so i will just edit.

Im sorry re-correcting letters and then posting fixed isn't pointless and off-topic? I forgot this thread is titles Post your pet hates/Lees correcting thread. Also consider that to be patronising, one form of insulting another a member.

"Patronising - to behave in an offensively condescending manner"

Next is of course Grade A Moron.

Last post of mine was semi off topic (A)

Last edited:
Your last post and this post are both off-topic, nothing before that was. Apart from you mentioning the infractions.

Mine weren't single word/pointless posts.
I didn't abuse you, I fixed your mistakes. You're actually the one who started with the abuse.
They weren't off-topic.
Spam is not the same as going off-topic.
Insulting another member - Pedantic Fool.

lolz. Besides, Lee can ony be infracted by Sean; his brother.

I'm off topic here, infract me Lee :wub:

Yip I had on a brand new tracky 1 week I had it. £150 it cost me and I never got it back.

Didn't know you could get £150 trackies! Try wearing jeans and a shirt; wearing a track suit is the equivelant of wearing a balaclava to the copppers, and with good reason. When people have attempted to mug or beat me up, they've always worn track suits. My flatmate, who's from Spain, got his credit card nicked and before he could block it, someone had went and gone fucktons of track suits. He then saw someone being pickpocketed by a guy in a track suit. That was his first impression of Glasgow.

I'm not saying all people in track suits are low-lifes, e.g. one of my old flatmates wore them once in a while if he was staying in, but they do have a reputation.

I hope your not putting joggies into your trackie hate, infact i like trackies as well

I hope your not putting joggies into your trackie hate, infact i like trackies as well

I hate people who wear grey joggies all the time. They look like fools.

Back