What are your Pet hates?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 130K
Why?
Because he has hight standards that he knows he can reach.

I'd be upset if I got a B because I know I'm perfectly capable of being able to get A*'s with the right mindset and attitude.

It's more the arrogance. Fair enough if you set those goals for yourself, but for him to openly say that is just boasting really.

Last edited:
It's more the arrogance. Fair enough if you set those goals for yourself, but to openly say that is just boasting really.

And makes people that struggle to even pass, even if they try their hardest, feel like sheet. (I would guess, I didn't try that hard at school)

Yeah. It's a nice building. As far as it goes tbh. The doors are electronic and would randomly open/close, lock/unlock. The electronic card system is a pile of wank. Every 40 lockers has the same key. The library got trashed. They have used the thinnest paint going, the paint has already come off the walls.

Good old Filton High School ♥

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

My new school cost £30 million and the problems are similar. Every door seems to be a fire exit that you're not allowed to use. The 3g Astro has too much of that black stuff on it so it sticks in your boots and your house gets covered in it. Also, this cashless catering lunch deal. My card snaps all the time on its own!

However, a new school was necessary as the old schools roof blew off and if there was the slightest wind the windows would cave in,

It's more the arrogance. Fair enough if you set those goals for yourself, but to openly say that is just boasting really.

Suppose so...
But you cant blame him for wanting to get a high grade.

My new school cost £30 million and the problems are similar. Every door seems to be a fire exit that you're not allowed to use. The 3g Astro has too much of that black stuff on it so it sticks in your boots and your house gets covered in it. Also, this cashless catering lunch deal. My card snaps all the time on its own!

However, a new school was necessary as the old schools roof blew off and if there was the slightest wind the windows would cave in,

We have sand in our full size astro. It's ****. On the astro courts we have that rubber stuff, when it rains it all get's stuck in your socks. It's vile!

Why?
Because he has hight standards that he knows he can reach.

I'd be upset if I got a B because I know I'm perfectly capable of being able to get A*'s with the right mindset and attitude.

It was more the attitude and how he said. I can't really bring that across. (the guy is a ****)

Plus he said "Low A*". Is an A* in general just not good enough? ..

Someone was in tears because they got a B when they were on the boundaries of an A. I am sure they were disappointed but some people are maybe a little over the top...

Fair point and as far as I know there is no distinctions between a Low A* or what now. Just your C, B, A, A*, no?

Yes, a grade is a grade. Your mark isn't even on your exam certificate.

+
Fair point and as far as I know there is no distinctions between a Low A* or what now. Just your C, B, A, A*, no?

Yeah, though some subjects do do into B+, A- etc. However, this isn't reflected on reports/exam certificates, just some overall mark.

Someone was in tears because they got a B when they were on the boundaries of an A. I am sure they were disappointed but some people are maybe a little over the top...

Are we talking about college, or secondary school.
If college I suppose its less 'over the top' as the university could of told the person what grades they needed to get.
Although secondary school still as colleges and uni's will look to an A than a B, no?
Also those results also pave the way for the rest of your life usually.

Someone on my course at college got good marks and when I asked him he replied with "I only got an overall distinction.. I was like ONLY!?

Mine is people who use the word literally incorrectly. I had a curry the other night and my mate said "my mouth is literally on fire" :@

If college I suppose its less 'over the top' as the university could of told the person what grades they needed to get.
Although secondary school still as colleges and uni's will look to an A than a B, no?

Secondary school and I totally agree that it is important to that person, but I guess that person expected to do better than they actually did.

In my opinion, GCSE's don't really matter a whole lot. As long as you get the grades so you can go on to do the A levels you want to do, or the college course you want to, then that's good enough. Once you get to college, and further on university if you so choose to go, GCSE's get forgotten about pretty quickly, I am sure no one has asked me about my GCSE's since... first year of sixth form. Even when applying for jobs, all they seem to look at is the university degree I am doing, and my A level results, when they are looking at your past education.

Glory Hunters who switch from one team to another just because they are winning the league or have bought one of the best players. Annoys the **** out of me especially when they throw their chelsea posters in the bin and awitch em for man u ones as one of my mates did. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope that beach stud guy is perma banned. If everyone like him put their heads in the oven the world would be a better place.

Hope that beach stud guy is perma banned. If everyone like him put their heads in the oven the world would be a better place.

He is. Won't be casting his shadow round here again thank god

Back