I would like to see a new playable mode, "Chairman Mode". Playing as a chairman, hire & fire a manager, manage finance etc. Kind of another quickplay & relaxing option.

Was just about to say this. A Chairman mode would be great

Also, starting as manager of a clubs under 18's, under 21's or reserves. Or perhaps as an assistant manager

What about introducing of the game life of manager and the players also giving various statements or making controversies of the field??

You know when a player demands money to move, I want AI players to do that when you sign them rather than just cancelling contract negotiations I've never seen it once but if someone else has please correct me also it's a pretty standard procedure in football

More options in team instructions. I like the new system but sometimes feel at a loss as to how to make my team do just what I want.

An option to remove all loans and/or injuries before you start a save. I realise this can be done in the editor but I'm not exactly brilliant at using it so this would be handy for me.

I'd like to see introduction of areas of play on the pitch. So you can tell a winger cross from here (by "here" I mean a freely designated area) , or give players running paths, strikers shooting sweet spots etc etc.

Basically a little more freedom in the tactical set up.

Being able to go give your team rest in 1-2 clicks, instead of having the click on all players separetly.
Would be awesome if you could say like: everyone below x% gets 1 day rest, below y% 2 days etc...

Or just have a little box to check, like when you delete emails? Check their box, and give them rest.

They have to reintroduce the 'favourite personnel' and 'favourite clubs' for our characters. Everyone else in the game has it and I know it used to be in the game years ago.

Bring back the scrap book thing, so as when there is a press article about how amazing I am, I can save it to look back at.

How about adding something to the presentation of occasions such as winning a trophy or champions league draw (was watching it on Sky sports today and though they could make something up, even if it is just a still background of the big fancy room). I think given the advancement in graphics etc they could do a bit more with that side of things to spice it up.

How about more of a personal side too- let me gamble or get spotted in the toilets of a gentleman s club snorting coke off a strippers titty. Would make a good sidebar.

-Club Chairman/President should be more involved in the game and their stats should mean something e.g. interference

Oh god, imagine what Abramovich would do. Forcing you, the manager, to play a 50m flop every game because they spent so much.

Oh god, imagine what Abramovich would do. Forcing you, the manager, to play a 50m flop every game because they spent so much.
No, no! A thousand times no! I don't want the president interfering with player acquisitions or departures. It's not FM anymore if you don't have total control of your club.

Here's what I want to see:

1. Better match engine that balances between regular offense and set piece offense. It appears that I score half my goals from set pieces, or the scrambles ensuing from set pieces. Why? Because my guys are TERRIBLE at finishing now! They'll miss a wide open net, or a one on one vs the goalie more times than not. Finish is awful in 2014, and the amount of times hitting the woodwork is unrealistic.

2. More smooth, realistic looking match engine. When you see world class players beat a defender in real life, usually it is with some terrific dribbling move followd by a shot or a brilliant pass because the defense now has to overcompensate to avoid getting beaten. We just don't see this in FM. We don't see the Messi/Aguero/Neymar's of the world etc. pulling off sick moves and then scoring. I'd like to see the top class offensive players making fancy dribbles and moves that lead to the score.

3. Offsides instant replay with the line overlay. FIFA already has this, I don't know why FM doesn't. Especially when an offsides call takes away a goal, I want to see that line overlay that shows that my player was actually offsides when the call was made. Having a big goal taken away by offsides is one of the most frustrating things and I just want to see instant visual feedback to confirm that the call was right.

4. Also, you know how some players have the 'argue with officials' trait? I'd like to have the manager be given an option to argue with the officials. And maybe that makes them more lenient on the next big call in the game. Depending on if the official realized they made a mistake or if the manager is very influential/famous.

5. More Transfer options. I want to have the option to openly 'court' a player in the press. And then to read about his reactions later. Example, does he show interest, disinterest, become discontent with his former club. Does he announce that he is a loyalist or does he turn in a transfer request? Transfers are one of the juiciest portions of FM, why not allow managers to have more options to actively pursue players? Also managers could engage in press wars, where if you find out a team wants your player, you can pre-emptively say to reporters, I'm not selling him because he is a valued member of our organization, etc.

Last edited:
Cardiff is probably the most unrealistic club. I played as manager of Cardiff and didn't get sacked, I want my money back now.

But on a more serious note... FM needs scandals. It's simply to boring for me unless you see scandals, also interviews... don't even ask me todo one, there boring, the same... predefined questions EVERY time absolutely zero dynamic elements to them.

I would be freaking happy just to see the same FM 2014 with a new ME.

Only thing I care about is if this game finally gets a good match engine

Youth camps in different countries like FIFA manager

I would like to set the club focus when you take over a club. I would like the ability to say I want you to focus on Youth development, which would mean the club would improve scouting, youth facilities but would decrease the transfer budget.

You should be able to sell players fairly easily, even if you have to drop the amount offered or pay part of the salary.

No, no! A thousand times no! I don't want the president interfering with player acquisitions or departures. It's not FM anymore if you don't have total control of your club.

Here's what I want to see:

5. More Transfer options. I want to have the option to openly 'court' a player in the press. And then to read about his reactions later. Example, does he show interest, disinterest, become discontent with his former club. Does he announce that he is a loyalist or does he turn in a transfer request? Transfers are one of the juiciest portions of FM, why not allow managers to have more options to actively pursue players? Also managers could engage in press wars, where if you find out a team wants your player, you can pre-emptively say to reporters, I'm not selling him because he is a valued member of our organization, etc.

Yeh I like that, and if you target too many players from one team the manager could start to hate you and will not sell to you.

I would like the oppurtunity to buy a club and to get full control e.g. I can oraganise loans, buy stadiums, improve facilities etc

3. Offsides instant replay with the line overlay. FIFA already has this, I don't know why FM doesn't. Especially when an offsides call takes away a goal, I want to see that line overlay that shows that my player was actually offsides when the call was made. Having a big goal taken away by offsides is one of the most frustrating things and I just want to see instant visual feedback to confirm that the call was right.

This feature was available in FM12 but was removed in FM13 onwards. Not sure why they'd remove it.

They need to sort out the media system it is doing my f@cling head in!! Small Italian team first season in CL and I manage a hard fought 1-1 draw with Real Madrid at home. Fans are disappointed even though *** manager expects a thrashing and media expect to be destroyed as do fans before match. 2-0 defeat at Bernabeu results in unhappy fans and the board are angry with me!! Post match conference the media say it was a spirited defeat yet in next press conference they ask how we will bounce back from such a terrible result?? Inconsistent and totally inaccurate and unrealistic. Fix it for next year. I love this game but stupid things like this are really bugging me. To me some elements of the game have been watered down or removed to the detriment of depth of play.

The option to give myself an air rifle and shoot my AML/R for not passing in a 2 on 1 situation...

Would love women's football in the game, it's becoming bigger and would make a good change of pace. Also a revamp of the team-talks, make them like the team meetings, E.G

ME: Passionately - I believe we can win this come on lads.
Captain: Cautious - I don't think we should get our hopes too high. Etc