What Lower League team are you starting your career at?

My team

I've started with Queen's Park in the Scottish third division.

1st season - 1st in 3rd division
2nd season - 4th in 2nd division - promoted through play-offs

currently starting 3rd season in the 1st division but my team are still amateurs with no transfer budget and no wage budget. I've got 2.5 million in the bank from friendly games.

How the **** is my team still part timers, there must be some way to get a transfer kitty. As my players arn't on a proper contract any team can raid my players at will at any time. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

any ideas?

By the way incase no one noticed Queens park play at Hampden park with a 52,000 capcity.
thats mental playing the Scottish third division to a crowd of 150, but fantastic for getting money from friendlies.

Last edited:
How the **** is my team still part timers, there must be some way to get a transfer kitty. As my players arn't on a proper contract any team can raid my players at will at any time. EXTREMELY
Can you offer your players new contracts on a full time basis?

does anyone know anything about FC (estoril?) Amadora of Portugal? Or about the city of Amadora?

Despite being a Yeovil fan, I have started as Alfreton Town in BSN. Signed 17 new players, on full time contracts, all frees and won 12 of first 14 games in the league. Players I managed to get are awesome, 4 stars and above on coach reports. Unfortunately I am £2k per week over on wage budget and am losing money...

Might Rushden and Diamonds. Im third in January 2011. Luton running away with the league about 15 points ahead but im looking strong for a play off challenge. Dom green has been on fire down the left and Rene Howe and Paris Cowan-Hall have got goals for me

Gateshead :) Like Newcastle but more of a challenge

plus many many many other differences... going well so far though. Just signed Will Atkinson on loan from Hull, hat trick on his debut from AMR :)

Playing as FC United, moved them up one division using the editor, basically swapped FC United with Reddish since they were predicted to finish 21st.

I also removed the chairman, staff and players so i'm a full regen team under the name 'FC United', having alot of trouble getting any players in on loan and my regen chairman sold the club to a new danish chairman who said he wants to change the manager of the club if I don't prove that i'm worthy, lol.

Queen's park

Can you offer your players new contracts on a full time basis?

No I couldn't, dam I googled Queen's Park on Football Manager and found out they never go pro, just like in real life.

I can't believe I've just wasted my first three seasons on 2011 with them scumbags. I'm not giving up on this career yet, glory at Morton awaits.

I started as woking in the BET south, I finished 1st in my first year with only one loss in the entire league season, I managed to get to the fa cup second round aswell.

The next year I challenged for the title in the BSP but sadly lost out and finished second, still gaining promotion.

The next year I finished 9th in the npower league 2, the next year after that I made it into the playoffs after a hard season and got into the playoff's final, losing on penalties.

The next year I had such an experienced and polished squad I contended and won the league .

And so I dont keep saying "the next year", I am currently sitting in 7th position in the npower league 1 21 games into the season :)

I started unemployed with loads of leagues loaded... signed with Asker from the Norwegian Second Division Group 1 midway through the first season, finished 4th after rescuing them from a relegation battle.

currently just started playing my home team in fm11 Leiknir Reykjavík. Iceland:D:D first division

I just started a save as Estrela Amadora (4th/5th largest city in portugal with 1st highest pop density)

I had to go into editor and move them up a league to be in the second division-south in portugal. They are 2.5 million in debt, and have let go of all their players so I'm stuck with all regens.

However the team has pretty good facilities, a little bit of a history, and pretty high reputation. I'm still predicted to finish first based on reputation mostly, but my all under 18 first team is weak, so I'm hoping my affiliations with Port, Sporting AND benfica can help me get a bunch of quality players on loan!!!

I know Estrela da Amadora because I personally played against them.
It has a lot of history in the Portuguese Cup as a "giant killer" like we say in Portugal.
But just let me tell you, you have one of the ugliest stadiums I have ever saw :D
It also is known for being a great feeder club in Portugal.
MU´s Bebé, Valencias Miguel and a lot of historic Portuguese internationals from Sporting and Benfica started in the Estrela´s youth system.
Pretty tough neighbourhood, by the way, lots of warrior spirit players (and no, not joking) :)

I know Estrela da Amadora because I personally played against them.
It has a lot of history in the Portuguese Cup as a "giant killer" like we say in Portugal.
But just let me tell you, you have one of the ugliest stadiums I have ever saw :D
It also is known for being a great feeder club in Portugal.
MU´s Bebé, Valencias Miguel and a lot of historic Portuguese internationals from Sporting and Benfica started in the Estrela´s youth system.
Pretty tough neighbourhood, by the way, lots of warrior spirit players (and no, not joking) :)

Thanks a lot :)

I was amazed at all the parent teams they had, one of the reasons I chose them. I heard they have some of the worst crime rates in Amadora! This is reflected in game by the cities "city attraction" which is only 10 out of 20, compared to Porto or Lisbons 19 and 20.

Btw, do you know if their away kit is actually grey and blue? I changed this in the editor to be like their tricolor home kit, except I changed the away kit's main color to Green instead of white.

Tromsdalen UIL of the Norwegian 1st Division.

Start at rock bottom of the Norje 1st Div and my min expectation is that a fight braverly against the possibility of relegation. Currently 5th (playoffs) with 3 games to go and the possibility of winning the league is still possible.

The away kit is black, with with the three stripes on the shirt.
The third kit is all white with green socks.
Amadora is one of Lisbon's suburb, and its a very, very tough neighbourhood.
HUGE crime rate, but also very good sporting facilities. Estrela has two Olympic size swimming pools and a gym.
And I cant stress this enough, an ugly stadium.
And it isn't covered, surrounded by huge apartment buildings, you can actually see the game from your house... maybe that's why they are going in to solvency :)

i decided to be weston-super-mare and so far so good 3 wins out of 3 two cup matches and 1 league match not a bad start for a team doomed for finishing 22nd in blue square south eh?

I have started off my career at North Greenford in English Southern League Division Central. Not a bad start in pre-season for a team I know absolutely know absolutely nothing about - 3 draws and 3 wins. However, crashed back down to earth after an absolute gubbing from Biggleswade Town. Poor passing, dribbling, technique, discipline, flair. I have a mammoth task. But thats exactly what I was after from the game. Let the fun begin :)