What Lower League team are you starting your career at?

• Thread starter Thread starter karakorum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 95K
I'm trying out the LLM and trying to stay for a long time for the first time, the team is yet to be decided, but either a smaller team in league 2 or a good team in BSP. My "biggest" challenge was making Leeds the best team in the world in 5-6 seasons in FM 10 and getting Elche from Liga Adelante to the Championship League in 2 or 3 seasons (I got the job offer after winning the Icelandic Premier they were sitting in 17th place in november).

Last edited:
I've started with Alfreton Town in the Blue Square North.

Nothing like a challenge :)

Loaded several leagues, started unemployed, apply for all jobs, return when offered job, after 1 day, cheonan of the korean N-League, seems an interesting start :D

I started with Worcester. Haven't previously managed a LLM before. nice challenge

After our constant slump since dropping out of the Championship in 2003, Grimsby are now in the Blue Square! Get them back up! Decent squad, media prediction of 3rd but no money for transfers or wages!

how do you start unemployed never thought of this before, sounds like an intresting and realistic idea, I wanted to feel like a real manager and work my way up so i started with bristol rovers (local team) febian brandy is a must for league 1, just been promoted finishing second and he got 42 goals and 10 asists :D

Portsmouth. No Money, Nothing for wages, Under a transfer embargo. Every player has very low morale.
Thats a real challenge.

another good idea might give it a go...

how do you start unemployed never thought of this before, sounds like an intresting and realistic idea, I wanted to feel like a real manager and work my way up so i started with bristol rovers (local team) febian brandy is a must for league 1, just been promoted finishing second and he got 42 goals and 10 asists :D

When you select a team, there should be a check box that says "Start Unemployed" :$

Berwick Rangers in the Scottish 3rd Div....

They have been my challange since i started playing FM... :D

im starting with welling in the blue square south on both my own save game and my network challenge.

btw if anyones intrested i have a thread in the network section

<)

Monataro semms like u really want a challege ha?
Why dont u start with Botev Vratza?
2nd Tier in bulgaria(Really bad football there)-I once got offered a job there.Really hard but meh
So i read abit for them.Around 50000 population in Vratza and they seemed to have really good history with beeing more than average team in 1st tier.

Now on topic. Created my own team(Basicly gave name and colours).Started with regens only and now i am struggling in BSN.

for me guiseley if that how u spell it lol

Good man, proper bottom of the table fodder in BSN, I started as solihull moors, the first season almost seems like a write off because no one wants your players and you hardly get any extra wage budget!

I started with Gloucester in the BSN, a few seasons in now and managed to get to the prem through the play off final for every league. But now getting destroyed in the prem, it feb and ive only won two game and drawn 4 :( not good. Probably get relegated, but it for the best because then i can rebuild the squad. Got some good youth players but my defence is paints!

Crociati Noceto. I played 2 seasons first, but then restarted once I actually could figure out a few things like tactics, the actual state of the club etc. Club's worth 55k£ and the board are pumping about 60k£ into running the club a month! They are not happy with my wage budget(6)

I cheated a little bit and managed the Welsh international side until we got our arses we and truely slapped in the Euro 2012 (which England won.. "most realistic football management game on the market").
I got a job offer from the newly promoted Bridgend in the Welsh Premier League. Our friendlies started off okay, 3 wins and 2 losses, but now we are up **** creek without a paddle. 4 heavy defeats (lost to TNS 6 - 1) and 1 lucky victory, and to make things worse, no other team will touch me with a barge pole. -sigh-

Rimini 1912. Started from Italian serie D, now playing serie C2, almost promoted to C1.

Last edited:
Back