What Lower League team are you starting your career at?

The away kit is black, with with the three stripes on the shirt.
The third kit is all white with green socks.
Amadora is one of Lisbon's suburb, and its a very, very tough neighbourhood.
HUGE crime rate, but also very good sporting facilities. Estrela has two Olympic size swimming pools and a gym.
And I cant stress this enough, an ugly stadium.
And it isn't covered, surrounded by huge apartment buildings, you can actually see the game from your house... maybe that's why they are going in to solvency :)

I tried to edit their away kits to black, but the editor is too limited, I can't use Red green and white, with black kit. So I'm going to stick to Green kit with red and white stripe.

and in my save they restructured their debt (about 5 million in debt), but on some other test saves I've done with them, they go into solvency.

I hope one day I'll be able to get them a new stadium that isn't right beside their industrial park!

Dover in the blue square premier south and i have just won the league :)

Blyth Spartans :) Just about 1st place after 20 games. Too close to call at the top though, so promotion not guaranteed unfortunately!

hi choices,
im from newport and just started playing fm11,it all looks mind boglin at first.just wondering if you could help me abit starting off with newport county.like what to do first etc etc.

what tactics should i use,and rolls of players etc etc.could never get corners rite on fm10,lol.

training and wat players to ged rid and how and also staff.

any helpto get me going would be grateful,thankyou very much.

once you get going at the start,it must get easier has you know ur team inside out and u;ll knw wen to change etc etc,so just need a helping hand at the start please!!!!(H)

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

---or anyones help would be grateful!!!:d:d

for me personally:
I dont think there is much to be done other than getting stuck in playing games...i dont worry for coaching untill i can afford some decent coaches...which wont be for many seasons lol
I normally let them play 5/6 friendly's at 442 or 4141 where i begin tweaking tactics based on the best attributes of the players at my disposal...of course a few free transfers of players baught to my attention but only a few...dont want more than 25 man squad anyway.
And i normally begin to replace part time contracts with full time contracts to around half/threequarters of the team...the worst players missing out.
I like to watch my games in full for maybe 80% of the time working on my tactics and looking for idea's/noticing patterns in ME/and watching for effective players who dont have the highest attributes in their main but still do well.
In summary i spose for me the first season as a LLM is all about playing that first season and refining tactics by rote.
Worry about the other stuff later if u dont get the boot :)

Aldershot Town for me. Never been them before, some decent players.

i found cheltenham from fm10. REALLY liked the style of the team, doesn't need TOO much doing to the team so going to start with them i think

Cambridge United. So far Played 3: Won 2: Lost 1. Best signing - Chris James. New Zealand International.

Portsmouth. No Money, Nothing for wages, Under a transfer embargo. Every player has very low morale.
Thats a real challenge.

Not had FM for years. Used to play it all the time when it was Premier Manager (back in the 90's) but I've decided to try again.
I'm going to start of with Southport seing as I live here. Team is poor, recently promoted to BSN and predicted to finish 20th!
Need to get some serious players in on free transfers. Facilities and ground are shocking. Hopefully I can get all new players on FT contracts and avoid relegation.
Any advice for a relative newbie??? The game has changed SO much since the old days!

Spam trialist and sign the ones you like. That is about it :p

Finally go around to starting my RW Essen game today (grr Uni :mad:). They are in the 5th tier of German football (I am using my German DB ;)), relegated last year due to not complying with financial regulations. They are predicted to come 1st - but still I let go about 20 players and have to bring in a bunch of frees and loans to get the squad strong enough to easily win promotion this year and to built the foundations to stay up next year.

Last edited:
Can somone tell me, i wanting to manage lowest team perhaps below than Blue Suare North/South like ismiathan league league or belows tier 10? How I do that on my FM 2011, but in my file, sport interactive, FM 2011 that all I got, Can someone tell me how to do it, write good instruction how to start with? Please and thank you, I like to manage like vodka league north countries league like Holker Old Boys, will be interesting manage like that team to get up to tier 5 conference or something, why not for challenge, I find Premiership to League 2 easy you know. Cheers

Finally go around to starting my RW Essen game today (grr Uni :mad:). They are in the 5th tier of German football (I am using my German DB ;)), relegated last year due to not complying with financial regulations. They are predicted to come 1st - but still I let go about 20 players and have to bring in a bunch of frees and loans to get the squad strong enough to easily win promotion this year and to built the foundations to stay up next year.

As I've mentioned before, I moved Estrela Amadora up a division to be playable in game in Portugal (financial problems as well) and all my players are youth regens! Is that what you had to deal with at RW Essen?

I've signed soooo many loan players, and signed a couple full time contract players. One of which is an actually very very solid striker (my team reputation probably helped in signing him). Unfortunately the 3 players I signed nearly doubled my wage budget XD (30k per person) Oh well, winning the league and being promoted to Liga Orangina will fix any qualms the board has with me.

Margate!!! (with my manager reputation as sunday league footballer)

Downloaded lower leagues, will probobly be two/three seasons before i get into the blue square south league but i find it completely pointless being in the higher leagues due to lack of challenge

As I've mentioned before, I moved Estrela Amadora up a division to be playable in game in Portugal (financial problems as well) and all my players are youth regens! Is that what you had to deal with at RW Essen?

I've signed soooo many loan players, and signed a couple full time contract players. One of which is an actually very very solid striker (my team reputation probably helped in signing him). Unfortunately the 3 players I signed nearly doubled my wage budget XD (30k per person) Oh well, winning the league and being promoted to Liga Orangina will fix any qualms the board has with me.
No I did not have many regen players, they were all real. Just **** ;)
They must of had to sell all there better players because I don't remember many of them from last year. But I did the opposite to you. I moved Essen down a division, because that is what happened to them in real life. All the other teams are in the correct divisions too.

Hi Ajt09

I have started off my career at North Greenford in English Southern League Division Central. Not a bad start in pre-season for a team I know absolutely know absolutely nothing about - 3 draws and 3 wins. However, crashed back down to earth after an absolute gubbing from Biggleswade Town. Poor passing, dribbling, technique, discipline, flair. I have a mammoth task. But thats exactly what I was after from the game. Let the fun begin :)

Hello, like the way what you doing, manage those, haven't heard of that team north greenford in the english southern league division central, Don't you mind how you do that i mean additional leagues on FM 2011??? Cos I always wanting to manage lower teams instead than higher league as i find it bit boring and easy lol i love to challenege unknown club to get them up and more challenge :) can you show me how to do it, I mean instructions those leagues?
All I got, sport interactive/Football Manager 2011/db, games and 2 other thing but all of them is nothing, thank you :) Good Luck with North Greenford try promoted to Blue Square will be great achieved!.