What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

Thanks Mike, one other thought is to sit the fastest player on the shoulder of the oppostions slowest defender by using always mark tightly? (Alternatively a tall target man tight to the poorest heading defender?)

thanks @Themadsheep2001 , i'll try using this.

MERRY CRISTMAS

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

hi, i've also got a problem with my defends, i just scored 7 goals against sevilla in the ECC, but also conceded 4!! please HELP it's so frustrating

thanks @Themadsheep2001 , i'll try using this.

MERRY CRISTMAS

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

hi, i've also got a problem with my defends, i just scored 7 goals against sevilla in the ECC, but also conceded 4!! please HELP it's so frustrating
did it happen using your tactic, or mine, if so, which formation? if it was your formation, what is it ( philosophy, formation, mentality)?

I'm liverpool and to partner Fernando Torres i've signed Luis Fabiano. Does anyone know how i could get the best out of him? i'm currently playing Torres as a complete forward. Thanks.

well i tried using your for about 40 min, it didn't work so after half time when i used mine i scored 6 goals but also conceded 4, i was lucky not to conced i the first half. the problem is that attackers just run by my defenders to resive the ball, i've tried making the defensive line deep

well i tried using your for about 40 min, it didn't work so after half time when i used mine i scored 6 goals but also conceded 4, i was lucky not to conced i the first half. the problem is that attackers just run by my defenders to resive the ball, i've tried making the defensive line deep
can you attach your formation file so i can open it on my football manager. you need to use a tactic for a lot longer than 40 minutes, it normally needs about 6-10 games, depending on wll blended your squad is (hence why you change tactics during pre season if possible. it sounds like they are not being closed down enough, but i cant say for sure with out looking at it.

if you willing to use mine again i suggest using it as a 4-4-2, and starting matches with standard then switching up or down depending on the game.

i play 4-3-2-1 formation for manchester city, what roles should i give to robinho, because he lack of goals, & his lacking of height cannot play in complete foward roles, & he even dont perform when i give him advance playmaker role, any suggestion for better formation or what role robinho play best?

by the way, it's pre-season now so that's not my usual players and i think i've changed it a bit from the last game than usual

i play 4-3-2-1 formation for manchester city, what roles should i give to robinho, because he lack of goals, & his lacking of height cannot play in complete foward roles, & he even dont perform when i give him advance playmaker role, any suggestion for better formation or what role robinho play best?
inside forward/attack

Running a 41212 with Chelsea. (no new signings other than salvio eduardo for future wingplay)
[Note: playing direct football quickly. Press and like to keep the majority of the squad from roaming)
Question lies with, Should i be setting Carvalho and Terry to ball playing midfielders? Currently have both of them as central defenders with carvalho playing stopper.

and Drogba/anelka partnership, probably asked already but i currently have drogba complete forward side-by-side with anelka.as poacher. Works but i think it could be better.

Lastly, i've been playing essien as a ball-winning midfielder. Is he much better at box-to-box?

Last edited:
hye...im playing man city should i buy new striker??with adebayor,craig,tevez,santa cruz infront....
my mid is..moutinho as cm,hamsik cm,jovetic winger,wright phillip winger...so i got barry,ireland,zalabayeta who unused..i dont hve back who would be good signing...as i dont thrust my back...could u help me??

JP how would u play Dzeko and Martins??? Thanks for your help.

Running a 41212 with Chelsea. (no new signings other than salvio eduardo for future wingplay)
[Note: playing direct football quickly. Press and like to keep the majority of the squad from roaming)
Question lies with, Should i be setting Carvalho and Terry to ball playing midfielders? Currently have both of them as central defenders with carvalho playing stopper.

and Drogba/anelka partnership, probably asked already but i currently have drogba complete forward side-by-side with anelka.as poacher. Works but i think it could be better.

Lastly, i've been playing essien as a ball-winning midfielder. Is he much better at box-to-box?

you wanna terry and carvalho and centrebacks stopper/cover respectively. essien is definitelly box to box alongside lampard advanced playmaker attack, joe cole attacking midfielder. drogba complete forward attack, anelka is better as a deep lying forward support. fullbacks set to wingback/auto. i'd personally go rigid, more expressive. more roaming, everything else on default.

used this for my united side against chelsea and thumped them 3 games in a row scoring 11 conceding 1. c

Can someone help me? I got Torres Villa and Aguero and I'm playing a 4-3-1-2 formation. What roles and duties are best suitables for them?

can someone help me with my Q.P.R team? I play 4-3-2-1 like this

--------------------Ashdown------------------------
Belletti--------Toloi-------Cathcart--------Naylor
Beckham--------Kuzmanovic-------Emanuelson
-----De las Cuevas--------Fleck (Acosta)-------
----------------------Milevskyi (Cristaldo)----------

I don't know what roles to give to emanuelson, de las cuevas, fleck, and milevskyi, as they don't perform as well as i expect them to. Also if you could tell me what role to give cristaldo when he plays instead of milevskyi as a lone striker or in a partnership with him. Thanks

One more thing, I'm currently playing tolio and cathcart as centrebacks one set as cover and the other one as stopper, do they work better differently?

Last edited:
If you're struggling to choose what role or duty best suites certain players then ask in here.So for example,if your not sure weather you should play Messi as a winger or a inside forward,or with an attacking or support role then put your queries here.

Please be concise and to the point,and if possible give a screenshot or description of your formation.

if you look at each players skills, it ttells you. so click on a player n where you set your player role, it highlights what part of his skills he will be using in that role.

I played him as an inside forward on the left wing, quality for me. Scores goals and makes assists especially with a strong forward like Adebayor upfront.

Try playing him on the left wing as an inside forward. Scores plenty of goals and makes a lot of assists. Good luck :)