What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

Role for Andrej Kramaric, he is playing upfront with Agbonlahor who has the Poacher role.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the following players to go up front in my Everton file (start of 5th season):
Vaclav Kadlec
Artem Milevskyi
Dzeko
German Pacheco
plus a couple of youngsters.

If playing two up top, what roles should I give to them. Probably gonna start with Dzeko and one of Artem or Kadlec.

Also, in midfield, do you think a midfield 3 of Arteta (Adv PM - Support), Rodwell (Box to Box) and Hamsik (Deep Lying Playmaker - Support) will work? Most things I have read say to play Arteta and Hamsik as Adv PM -M Support or Attack but not sure on the benefits of having two of that role in the starting XI.

Alternatively, would Fellaini work as a Deep Lying PM and rotate Arteta and Hamsik.

Sorry for the long winded post at this time on a SUnday evening

Role for Andrej Kramaric, he is playing upfront with Agbonlahor who has the Poacher role.

Thanks in advance.

Andrej Kramaric - Trequartista

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I've got the following players to go up front in my Everton file (start of 5th season):
Vaclav Kadlec
Artem Milevskyi
Dzeko
German Pacheco
plus a couple of youngsters.

If playing two up top, what roles should I give to them. Probably gonna start with Dzeko and one of Artem or Kadlec.

Also, in midfield, do you think a midfield 3 of Arteta (Adv PM - Support), Rodwell (Box to Box) and Hamsik (Deep Lying Playmaker - Support) will work? Most things I have read say to play Arteta and Hamsik as Adv PM -M Support or Attack but not sure on the benefits of having two of that role in the starting XI.

Alternatively, would Fellaini work as a Deep Lying PM and rotate Arteta and Hamsik.

Sorry for the long winded post at this time on a SUnday evening

Vaclav Kadlec - ST - Poacher
Artem Milevskyi - ST - Target Man - attack
Edin Dzeko - ST - Complete Foward or Target Man - attack
German Pacheco - Trequartista or Poacher
Mikel Arteta - AMC - Advanced Playmaker - attack
Jack Rodwell - DMC - Anchor Man or Deep Lying Playmaker
Marek Hamsik - MC - Box to Box midfielder
Fellaini - DMC - Anchor Man or MC - Box to Box midfielder

Huntelaar- Target Man/Complete Forward - Attack
Bent- Poacher
thank you

but it doesnt work for me..

bent as poacher or advance forward works great 38 goals in 45

but i cant get the best of hunterlaar, only 15 goals in the season, and he is my target man, balls to the head..

if somebody knows about hunterlaar, please help me.

I have an advice for everybody if you are looking for the position of a player you can google this:
"http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-roles-and-dutys-best-suit-my-players-t24028" and the name of the player and then open some links of diferent pages of the thread, press control+f in the page write the name of the player you are looking for and you will found recomendations..

sorry for my fatal english

thank you

but it doesnt work for me..

bent as poacher or advance forward works great 38 goals in 45

but i cant get the best of hunterlaar, only 15 goals in the season, and he is my target man, balls to the head..

if somebody knows about hunterlaar, please help me.

I have an advice for everybody if you are looking for the position of a player you can google this:
"http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-roles-and-dutys-best-suit-my-players-t24028" and the name of the player and then open some links of diferent pages of the thread, press control+f in the page write the name of the player you are looking for and you will found recomendations..

sorry for my fatal english

Klas- Jan Huntelaar - Deep Lying Foward

Edinson Cavani please?

Im playing a 4-1-3-2 with a DM and 3 CM's

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

And Drogba please for my Ivory Coast team?

Edinson Cavani please?

Im playing a 4-1-3-2 with a DM and 3 CM's

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

And Drogba please for my Ivory Coast team?
Cavani - Complete Forward Attack
Drogba - Target Man Support or Complete Forward Support

Hi! I'm playing as Liverpool in the 3rd season. I play a 4231 and would like to know what kind of MC-roles would suit that tactic the best. Right now I'm playing with 2 box-to-box midfielders in Meireles and Aquilani. Any help would be apprieciated. I'm also thinking of selling Aquilani and buying another player, any advice to suit my MC-roles would be great!

How do I play both Eden Hazard and Lionel Messi in a 4-3-3 ... Can I play both of them as Adv Playmakers, make them swap positions? Advice needed... Thanks guys !

What roles can get the best out of Franco Zuculini, Gerrard and Ever Banega when they're playing as CM?I'm playing 4-1-1-2-2. And which position will suit Zuculini better, DM or CM?Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Got Arshavin and gourcuff, can never get arshavin to play well with gourcuff, who shld i play in midfield got denilson, ramsey, fabregas, song and diaby, I usually play a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-2-2? Thanks in advance

i have gerrard canales and muller in my 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation with 2 cm. muller works well at cm as att mid. should i play canales at am as advanced playmaker or gerrard there as att mid?

i have gerrard canales and muller in my 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation with 2 cm. muller works well at cm as att mid. should i play canales at am as advanced playmaker or gerrard there as att mid?
gerrard would make a better cm imo due to his all rounded stats. canales is godlike in the advanced playmaker role imo ^^)

Play Gerrard as Box to Box
Play Canales as Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Play Muller in his current role as you said he is playing well

What roles can get the best out of Franco Zuculini, Gerrard and Ever Banega when they're playing as CM?I'm playing 4-1-1-2-2. And which position will suit Zuculini better, DM or CM?Thanks in advance.
Banega - Advanced Playmaker - Attack (trust me)
Gerrard - Box to Box
Zucculini - Ball Winning Mid - Support

Got Arshavin and gourcuff, can never get arshavin to play well with gourcuff, who shld i play in midfield got denilson, ramsey, fabregas, song and diaby, I usually play a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-2-2? Thanks in advance
Arshavin needs to play outside on the wings and allow him to cut inside...
Winger - Attack or better, Adv Playmaker - Attack or Inside Forward - Attack

Gourcuff needs to play in the centre of the park (Amc preferably) or Cm both on Adv Playmaker - Attack or Support (depends on your style)

try a good old 4-4-2 or even better, a 4-5-1 with an Amc

try this tactic here, it will work well with your players...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2243