What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
i play both oscar and edin as target men and aguero as treq, the rest need to be placed in their roles thats why i need help. the team instructions are below

i play both oscar and edin as target men and aguero as treq, the rest need to be placed in their roles thats why i need help. the team instructions are below
ok, well firstly i would not play very fluid at all. if anything i would play rigid, or maybe balanced, but preferable rigid. i wouldnt set playermake or targetmen, but you wanted, keep moutinho, but set the targetman to dzeko, and mixed (great in the air, and good first touch).

Set Dzeko to Targetman attack, Cardozo, to deep lying forward or complete forward support. moutinho is the archetypical deep lying playmaker, give him a support role, veloso same but give him a defend role, and camacho ball winning /defend or box to box. you may want to move veloso to DMC and give him deep lying playmaker/defend

Hi everyone, anyone like to offer some help with my Villareal team.

Ive tried experiementing and so far seems ok save for midfield. Playing 4 at back. 2 defensive centre mids, 3 attacking mids??? (this is where problem is) and a lone striker.

I have tweaked it and got most of it right I think. Striker is Gisuppe Rossi and he is deep lying forward set to attack. My 2 defensive mids are Senna (deep lying playmaker - support) and Veloso (defensive mid - defend). I have wingbacks instead of fullbacks and it all works well.

But I cant figure out rest of my midfielders. 3 positions and dont know. Cazorla, Cani, Pires, Nilmar, Ibagaza could all play. Any help?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, anyone like to offer some help with my Villareal team.

Ive tried experiementing and so far seems ok save for midfield. Playing 4 at back. 2 defensive centre mids, 3 attacking mids??? (this is where problem is) and a lone striker.

I have tweaked it and got most of it right I think. Striker is Gisuppe Rossi and he is deep lying forward set to attack. My 2 defensive mids are Senna (deep lying playmaker - support) and Veloso (defensive mid - defend). I have wingbacks instead of fullbacks and it all works well.

But I cant figure out rest of my midfielders. 3 positions and dont know. Cazorla, Cani, Pires, Nilmar, Ibagaza could all play. Any help?
you could actually set veloso to deep lying playmaker defend too, giving you a solid but creative defensive line. since rossi is short you wont really be relying on cross, so you want you wings to be inside forwards. the amc can be an advanced player, if your player has the attributes, or an attacking midfielder. all should have attack duties. can you post screenshots of Cazorla, Cani, Pires, Nilmar, Ibagaza?

So are you suggesting I go for an AML AMC and AMR or else 3 AMCs??

Here are the screen shots:
View attachment 23077
View attachment 23079
View attachment 23080
View attachment 23081
View attachment 23082

I have about £10m left if you could think or anyone if you think I need bulking up anywhere in the team.
go with AML AMC AMR. its always better to start wide and attack in than the other way round. by starting wide, you immediate stretch the defensive line because the full backs have to follow your wingers, so you can take them on the outside and go for the cross, or cut in and head for goal.

AMC pires/cani. very creative, good decision making. attacking mid/adv playmaker for them.

AMR furster: quick talented dribber witha great longshot. give him swap with AML instruction, to take advantage of that shot down the left.inside forward/attack

AML:cazorla, great with both feet, good dribbler, likely to give more assists than goals, try and teach killer pass ppm inside forward/attack

for 10million i can think of di maria down the left wing. though if you can find more look for renato augusto at leverkusen. amc by nature, but can play across all three positions with ease

hope this helps

Last edited:
what roles do you recommend for my chelsea side in the first season? I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2 like this
-------------------------Cech-------------------------
Bosingwa-----Terry------Carvalho----A. Cole
-----------------------Mikel--------------------------
-------------Essien--------Lampard--------------
----------------------Gourcuff-----------------------
--------------Drogba---------Dzeko---------------

Also what roles should I give to deco and ballack when I play one of them instead of gourcuff or as a cm, and what role should I give to anelka when playing him instead of either drogba or dzeko?
Thanks in advance

Iniesta as a CM alongside Xavi. Haven't found his best position yet so need some help.

I had Iniesta as an advanced playmaker attack and Xavi support and they did well. Maybe try and give him the same instructions as an attacking midfielder?

i have 3 strikers drogba - villa - tevez. which roles would suit these in a 3-4-3 formation or 4-3-3 because i vary?

i currently play the arsenal line up with dzeko added only with the usual 4 1 2 2 , I have wing backs on auto, vermaelen ball playing stopper, gallas is a central defender cover, song at anchor man and denilson as box to box with fabregas on advanced playmaker attack, i like to have rosicky on AML and have him as advanced playmaker attack and arshavin as inside forward attack with dzeko as ST target man support.

I want to play the typical arsenal way e.g. passing around getting nowhere for ages, and have it set up on control with tempo really slow and playing very wide with the two AML/R cutting in, i was wondering if theres a way i should set up my players to get this working, e.g. more roaming from cms?

Hey! Need help for my City team what role shall i play DeJong/Rolfes (Dm) and Barry/Ireland (Cm)? Playing 4-2-4 with Aml and Amr. Thanks :D

I'm playing as Manchester City in one of my FM saves and have got Carlos Tevez,Edin Dzeko,Emmanuel Adebayor,Robinho,Craig Bellamy and Roque Santa Cruz as my strike force.I am wanting to play Adebayor and Dzeko upfront but I want to know which are the best roles they should play.I tried playing Dzeko as an Advanced Forward and Adebayor as a supporting Target Man and I beat Arsenal 2-0,but Adebayor performed poorly whilst Dzeko scored a double.Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

This is my Hull City team i'm wondering which formation is best and who to use as play maker ect??? Pkd Inf Name Position Morale Last 5 Games Con Av Rat GK
Boaz Myhill GK Superb
97% - DR
Nathan Doyle D R, M RC Very Good
75% - DL
Javier Garrido D/WB L Very Good
89% - DC
Ibrahima Sonko D C Very Good
84% - DC Wnt Anthony Gardner D C Superb
79% - MR Wnt Bernard Mendy AM R Superb
86% - ML Wnt Kevin Kilbane D/M LC Superb
79% - MC
George Boateng DM, M C Good
84% - MC
Seyi Olofinjana M C Superb
85% - ST
Jozy Altidore ST Superb
92% - ST
Benjani F C Very Good
88% - S1
Matt Duke GK Good
94% - S2
Kamel Ghilas AM RLC, F C Very Good
87% - S3 Wnt Geovanni AM RLC Very Good
81% - S4
Daniel Cousin ST Good
86% - S5 Wnt Andy Dawson D/WB L Superb
79% - S6
Dean Marney M C Good
93% - S7
Nick Barmby AM RLC, F C Very Good
94% - S8 Wnt Kamil Zayatte D C, DM, M C Very Good
74% - S9 Wnt Craig Fagan AM R, F C Superb
78% - S10 Tut Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink ST Superb
75% - S11 Wnt Péter Halmosi AM L Very Good
70% - - Inj Paul McShane D RC Okay
64% - - Inj Ian Ashbee M C Very Good
64% - - Inj Jimmy Bullard AM RC Good
66% - - Inj Richard Garcia AM R Good
59% - - Inj Stephen Hunt AM L Okay
69% -

I play a 41212 diamond and im not sure how to get Dzeko and Aguero to bang in the goals?

Gk-Lloris
Rb- Sagna
Lb-Clichy
Cb-Chiellini
Cb-Zapata
Dm-Sissoko(From Juventus)
Cm-Fabregas
Cm-Fellaini
Am-Arshavin
St-Aguero
St-Dzeko

i'd go for deep lying forward support(dzeko) advanced forward (aguero)

Back