What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
guys please i need ur help .. with every team i manage the midfielders always play very bad
.. i try it with barcelona with xavi and iniesta ,, with arsenal fabregas they get an average rating at
the of the season 6.80 .. i get angry with this things ..
and i was playing fabre in arsenal and xavi and iniesta in barca as an advanced playmaker but they dont play good at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
even now at juventus im facing the same problem

any ideas how to get the best of my players?

now im managing juventus im playing with this formation

buffon

rafinha -- zapata -- chiellini -- de ceglie

sissoko/anchor man
hamsik/box to box midfielder -- marchisio/ advanced playmaker
Diego

cavani -- amauri

can anyone tell me what roles should i assign to those players ..

:( :(

guys please i need ur help .. with every team i manage the midfielders always play very bad
.. i try it with barcelona with xavi and iniesta ,, with arsenal fabregas they get an average rating at
the of the season 6.80 .. i get angry with this things ..
and i was playing fabre in arsenal and xavi and iniesta in barca as an advanced playmaker but they dont play good at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
even now at juventus im facing the same problem

any ideas how to get the best of my players?

now im managing juventus im playing with this formation

buffon

rafinha -- zapata -- chiellini -- de ceglie

sissoko/anchor man
hamsik/box to box midfielder -- marchisio/ advanced playmaker
Diego

cavani -- amauri

can anyone tell me what roles should i assign to those players ..

:( :(

your positions don't seem bad. i think its just the tactics you are imposing. If you limit their creativity then they wont do good at all, but if you give them too much then they will be wasteful. Also another thing that people do constantly is give far too many players free roam ability which makes the whole team run around like chickens with their heads cut off. also playing too fluidly can be a problem. Also check if you have too many people holding the ball, it causes the loss of posession frequently if more than 3 hold on (my opinion).

p.s. What should anelka be doing if he's on his own on top of a 451 formation *injured drogba*. I have him as a poacher but nothing special out of him yet.

your positions don't seem bad. i think its just the tactics you are imposing. If you limit their creativity then they wont do good at all, but if you give them too much then they will be wasteful. Also another thing that people do constantly is give far too many players free roam ability which makes the whole team run around like chickens with their heads cut off. also playing too fluidly can be a problem. Also check if you have too many people holding the ball, it causes the loss of posession frequently if more than 3 hold on (my opinion).

p.s. What should anelka be doing if he's on his own on top of a 451 formation *injured drogba*. I have him as a poacher but nothing special out of him yet.
he needs to link with the rest of the midfield so play him as a deep lying forward/complete forward support. make sure one of your mids (lampard) has an attack role( id give lamps adv playmaker attack)

novox your roles look good, but hamsik isnt box to box, hes more of an adv playmaker.

try playing a rigid philosophy but with more roaming and creative freedom, more pressing and shorter passing, leave the rest on default. set diego to att midfielder/attack, cavani poacher, amauri complete forward support

Hi Guys ...i am managing arsenal in season 09/10, i.e., first season with arsenal. i have one problem that i am not getting best out of cesc fabregas...i amm playing a 4-2-3-1 and playing cesc as a BOX TO BOX midfielder....please suggest something...

Hi Guys ...i am managing arsenal in season 09/10, i.e., first season with arsenal. i have one problem that i am not getting best out of cesc fabregas...i amm playing a 4-2-3-1 and playing cesc as a BOX TO BOX midfielder....please suggest something...

give cesc more through balls, more creative freedom, no hold ball, and less long shots. imo at least.

give cesc more through balls, more creative freedom, no hold ball, and less long shots. imo at least.
spot on, he need to be given that abilty to very creative, standard box to box limits that

Guys I need some help. I just bought Aguero for my Chelsea team to partner Dzeko and I can't seem to get them to play well together (in my other two seasons Dzeko scored 40+ goals in all competitions as a Target Man Attack). I am really desperate as I spent 52 million pounds on Aguero and I'm obviously expecting him to get at least 30 goals a season, so if you could just tell me what roles to give them it would be great. Thanks

Guys I need some help. I just bought Aguero for my Chelsea team to partner Dzeko and I can't seem to get them to play well together (in my other two seasons Dzeko scored 40+ goals in all competitions as a Target Man Attack). I am really desperate as I spent 52 million pounds on Aguero and I'm obviously expecting him to get at least 30 goals a season, so if you could just tell me what roles to give them it would be great. Thanks
firstly, i dont remember either of them knowing how to speak english so they obviously need some time to gel as you've signed them just recently.

secondly, i suggest that you try playing dzeko as a target man with support duty and aguero as a poacher. it worked a treat for me. cheers XD

I need help to get the best out of strikers i play 2 up front my strikers are Rooney ,Dzeko,Cardozo,Defoe and Neymar im Man Utd and play a 4-4-2 diamond

i usually play a poacher and a complete forward for u i wud usually play dzeko and rooney , rooney as complete forward and dzeko as poacher or target man will do great at both.. cardozo cud do particularly same as dzeko:D

I got smolarek and amr zaki as my forwards, what role should I play them?

Playing as Rangers and have a front 3 of 'fat' Ronaldo, Lafferty and Naismith. What would be the best roles for them, they're not scoring a great deal and most of my goals are coming from corners.

hey all football lovers!
please i need your help

i am using West Ham and this is my third season
this is my starting eleven (4-1-2-1-2 Diamond)

GK - Green
DR - Srna
DL- Ilunga
DC - Turner
DC - Jordan Spence
DMC - M.Diarra
MC - Noble
MC - Parker
AMC - van der Vaart
ST - Rafael Sobis
ST - Carlton Cole

van der Vaart is underperforming and Rafael Sobis is lack of goals after banging in start of the season, what role should i give to them?
Thanks

i would play zaki as a target man or complete forward with support duty and smolarek as a poacher.
thanks for the tip, I founded out my self later XD but thanks!
what role should i play sergei krivets btw?

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Just started a game with Villa.
I've got Inler and Gago for midfield.
I feel Inler should be box to box but unsure about Gago.
Ball winning or deep playmaker?

Gago deep playmaker, he doesnt have the tackling or strength attributes to be ball winning.

Berbatov and Rooney at United: how should i play them? Berbs Target man with supply to feet? Rooney Poacher? Deep-Lying? Complete?

Berbatov - Target Man, Attack. Rooney Deep Lying Forward, Support.

Cheers mate, will try it now! Also Nani - to sell or not to sell? He's only worth 5.75million at the start does he get better?

Back