What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
I cant get over how well Pato is playing now. Hes scored like 10 in like 4 games with like 2 hat tricks and he came of the bench, half injured and scored two.

mata and silva, cant get the best out of them in my valencia game, i play them both as AM's. any suggestions?

mata and silva, cant get the best out of them in my valencia game, i play them both as AM's. any suggestions?

depends what system you play behind them

Am I right in thinking you meant you play them as central attacking midfielders, not wide ones (as you only put AM which could suggest any of the three positions behind the striker)?
Of the top of my head I would play Silva as an advanced playmaker with attack duty, his close control and good movement/vision will create your striker (I'm assuming it's Villa) tons of chances.
As for Mata, I'm not so sure how to play him inside, as I've only ever played him on the wing. But the best I can think of is as an inside forward in that position as that gives him the chance to drift wide and then run at the defenders and the space he drifted out of in the first place.

How can i get the best out of Anelka? if he is playing side by side with Dzeko or Drogba as a Complete Forward.

Currently I have both playing as Complete forward, one support one attack and both swapping.
Sometimes i will switch to Dzeko as targetman and Anelka as advanced

Also. Drogba / Dzeko partnership is better off with Dzeko targetman and Drogba complete forward or both complete forwards?

How can i get the best out of Anelka? if he is playing side by side with Dzeko or Drogba as a Complete Forward.

Currently I have both playing as Complete forward, one support one attack and both swapping.
Sometimes i will switch to Dzeko as targetman and Anelka as advanced

Also. Drogba / Dzeko partnership is better off with Dzeko targetman and Drogba complete forward or both complete forwards?

I prefer to use Anelka "deep lying forward".

Also Dzeko can play both complete and deep lying forward. But Drogba should always be complete forward.

Also Dzeko can play both complete and deep lying forward. But Drogba should always be complete forward.

Thanks, thats what i thought, my last question though is that both, Complete forward and Deep Lying Forward have "Hold Up ball" checked. Would I be better off removing it from Drogba as Complete Forward or leave it on.

In my squad, I would currently have 3 people holding it up. the DMC, and both forwards.

drogba always complete forward/attack, dzeko complete forward or deep lying forward support, anelka deep lying forward support

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

depends what system you play behind them

Am I right in thinking you meant you play them as central attacking midfielders, not wide ones (as you only put AM which could suggest any of the three positions behind the striker)?
Of the top of my head I would play Silva as an advanced playmaker with attack duty, his close control and good movement/vision will create your striker (I'm assuming it's Villa) tons of chances.
As for Mata, I'm not so sure how to play him inside, as I've only ever played him on the wing. But the best I can think of is as an inside forward in that position as that gives him the chance to drift wide and then run at the defenders and the space he drifted out of in the first place.
with valencia, you wanna play 4-2-3-1 deep
full backs- auto
centre backs - defend
defensive mid - defend
deep lying pm - support
AML and AMR wingers - attack
AMC avd playmaker attack
fc - treq

play rigid, but with more freedom, short passing,more pressing, more roaming, and tick counter attack
set the amc (silva) as the playmaker, and the fc as the targetman, run onto ball or feet with villa or quick striker, to head with zigic. and set passing down both flanks.
this makes the most out of mata joaquin vill and silva's skills.

try and sign canales, as his contract is ending, and train banega as dmc

Whats the best role to get production out of this kid?
moz-screenshot.png
Also, i cant seem to get the perfect production for Joao Moutinho. Any idea? i've tried Deep Lying Support and Box to box

Whats the best role to get production out of this kid?
moz-screenshot.png
Also, i cant seem to get the perfect production for Joao Moutinho. Any idea? i've tried Deep Lying Support and Box to box
moutinho should be fine as deep lying playmaker/support

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Thanks, thats what i thought, my last question though is that both, Complete forward and Deep Lying Forward have "Hold Up ball" checked. Would I be better off removing it from Drogba as Complete Forward or leave it on.

In my squad, I would currently have 3 people holding it up. the DMC, and both forwards.
leave it checked, as it allows him to hold up and play people in, or hold it up, turn and smash it into the goal like he does for chelsea so often

Actually I don't use hold up ball too much, but in your squad there are 3. If Drogba holds the ball, Anelka will be able to get in positions more than usual I don't know but if you want to thick off one of them it''ll depends on effects. (I'd prefer Anelka thick off)

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Also, I always saw Moutinho as a fabregas-like player. So i'd give him advanced playmaker role.
And Shelvey will probably be best as central midfielder (attack), until he develops any further.

drogba always complete forward/attack, dzeko complete forward or deep lying forward support, anelka deep lying forward support

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

with valencia, you wanna play 4-2-3-1 deep
full backs- auto
centre backs - defend
defensive mid - defend
deep lying pm - support
AML and AMR wingers - attack
AMC avd playmaker attack
fc - treq

play rigid, but with more freedom, short passing,more pressing, more roaming, and tick counter attack
set the amc (silva) as the playmaker, and the fc as the targetman, run onto ball or feet with villa or quick striker, to head with zigic. and set passing down both flanks.
this makes the most out of mata joaquin vill and silva's skills.

try and sign canales, as his contract is ending, and train banega as dmc

yeah, that's what I would do if I were Valencia. I was just trying to give david h some roles for the players inside the system he said ie. playing with 2AMs

i have rooney and milevskyi up front rooneys fine but milevskyi just isnt scoring what could i do?
i have ashley young on the left wing and valencia on the right help please!:D

Hey, I'm liverpool in 1st season, and not getting any goals whatsoever form torres, 8 games 0 goals, and none in pre-season.

I'm playing 2-3-2-1-2, with the attacking end as advanced playmaker in gerrard, kuyt as deep lying forward and torres as poacher, seems whichever side i play him he wont score goals, even when partnered with n'gog its n'gog that scores!

I'm winning games, i just want to exploit my best players abilities, please help :0

thats cos torres is much more than a poacher, play him as advanced forward or complete forward attack. set gerrard to

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

i have rooney and milevskyi up front rooneys fine but milevskyi just isnt scoring what could i do?
i have ashley young on the left wing and valencia on the right help please!:D
milevsky deep lying forward support, and set your crossing to float, to supply him with crosses to head in

Hi i have in attack Dzeko,Pazzini,Dentinho,Amauri,Jovetic(i use as left wing,but could use him as attacker).
Any sugestions for best attacking double in 4-4-2 formation,and player instructions....

you could play dzeko as a target man with a support duty and pazzini as a poacher or dzeko as a complete forward and pazzini as a advanced forward, though i personally feel that dzeko thrives as a target man. tbh, i wouldnt play jovetic as a forward as i personally feel that he's better as a winger though. then again, we all have different views :D

Back