What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
Im playing a 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) with Rome. Which role do you recommend me for Vucinic and Toni ?

mame diouf? up front with dzeko or berbatov.cheers

hi was wondering if someone can tell me best roles for players

my team is

1. Buffon - GK
2. Clichy - DL
3. Evans - DCL
4. Mexes - DCR
5. Sagna - DR
6. Messi - AML
7. Essien - CM
8. Fabregas - CM
9. Ronaldo - AMR
10. yaya toure - DM
11. Torres - CF

i play a 451 but its kinda like a 4-1-2-2-1

I manage man city on 5 season
transfer budget 400m

need some help with roles for my players please:

GK: Akinfeev
LB: Marcelo
CB: Vidic
CB: Ferdinand
RB: Daniel Alves
LM: David Silva
CM: C. Fabregas
CM: A. Palombo
RM: A. Young
ST: Ibrahimovic
ST: D. Villa

ty

Couldn't find anything about this in the thread or anywhere else, so here goes:

I recently acquired a keeper with a 20 in the 'Rushing Out' attribute. Would he then be more effective as a so-called Sweeper keeper, or does other factors play in as well?

If you go to tactic and click on a player on the formation layout you´ll be able to see the players attributes on the bottom left next to the formation layout. Depending on the role you give the player, different attributes are highlighted in a darker blue (color might be different depending on skin i suppose). Those highlighted attributes are the most important ones the player needs to fulfill to be playing that role. In most cases it´s 10 attributes per role. There you´ll see which ones you need to consider. Hope this helped.

Im playing a 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) with Rome. I bought Chamakh, which role do you recommend me for him ?

If you go to tactic and click on a player on the formation layout you´ll be able to see the players attributes on the bottom left next to the formation layout. Depending on the role you give the player, different attributes are highlighted in a darker blue (color might be different depending on skin i suppose). Those highlighted attributes are the most important ones the player needs to fulfill to be playing that role. In most cases it´s 10 attributes per role. There you´ll see which ones you need to consider. Hope this helped.

Oh right, completely forgot about that for some reason, when checking out the goalie's role. Thanks though for reminding me! Does anyone have experience with using the Sweeper keeper role?

I finally decidde not to buy Chamackh, so I have to options. Play upfront with Vucinic and Lacina Traore or Vucinic and Baptista. When I play with Vucinic and Traore I put Vucinic as a deep lying foward and Traore as a Target man (and attack duty), while when i play with Vucinic and Baptsita I put Vucinic as a deep lying foward and Baptsita as a complete foward. I am right or should I set them other roles ?

I have Edin Dzeko, Sergio Aguero & Pato. I play 4-1-2-3.

What roles should I have for each of them ?

I currently put Aguero as a poacher and hes only scored 2 goals in 14 league starts.
I currently put Pato as a Deep Lying Forward and hes scored 8 goals in 12 league starts.
I currently put Dzeko as a Adanced Foward and hes scored 6 goals in 12 league starts.

Pleasse help me

Thought it might be worth mentioning also, that my defender Jan Simunek has scored 6 goals in the same amount of appearances.

Last edited:
I am using a 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers. It's a variant of a 4-4-3, but with two strikers instead of one. I use different paring upfront consisting of Dembélé - Kadlec and Carroll - Kadlec.

I am playing Newcastle. I was wondering what role should i give my strikers; both parings.

Last edited:
Trying to recreate Arsenal Invincibles 03/04 tactics but can't quite get it right what do you reckon: 4-2-3-1 Formation
GK Def
Almunia
WB (Auto) CB (Def) CB (Def) WB (Auto)
Sagna Otamendi Gallas Clichy
Ball W M (Def) Box to Box (Support)
Sissoko Fabregas
Winger (Attack) Inside Forward/Advanced Play (A)
Salvio Jovetic
Trequartista (Attack)
Arshavin
Advanced For (Attack)
RVP
Also struggling with team instructions? I have so far
Very Fluid, Attack, Short, More Expressive, Press More

Apologies if this is in wrong section!

Hey all I'm currently in to my 4th season with Liverpool and was hoping for some tactics for using Dzeko. I bought him last season and he didn't score as much goals for me as i hoped. only 20 in 54 games.

I currently play a 4-4-2 with i diamond midfield with Torres being his usual partner set to advanced forward and McGeady as the AMC.

I was hoping some one could suggest tactics for getting the best out of both Dzeko and McGeady.

I also have just bought Van Der Vaart as back up.

Thanks in advance

Dzeko = Complete Forward.

Believe me, 50+ goals per season (with me for Arsenal anyway :P)

Im currently playing with Valencia and strugling for get the best out of my players. This is my team:

ValenciaCFSAD.png

Im having problems to determine Villa, Silva and Veloso´ s roles. I put Cardozo as a target man (attack) and he is scoring, but Villa after 5 official matches havent score . I set him as a deep lying foward (attack).
Then I dont know how to get the best out of Veloso, I put him as a cemtral midfielder (attack). And about Silva I put him as an advanced playmaker, but then, I think that I could see the best out of Veloso as a Deep Lying Playmaker, should I change also Silva´s duty ?
Hope someone can help me, cause Im playing awful.

Im currently playing with Valencia and strugling for get the best out of my players. This is my team:

ValenciaCFSAD.png

Im having problems to determine Villa, Silva and Veloso´ s roles. I put Cardozo as a target man (attack) and he is scoring, but Villa after 5 official matches havent score . I set him as a deep lying foward (attack).
Then I dont know how to get the best out of Veloso, I put him as a cemtral midfielder (attack). And about Silva I put him as an advanced playmaker, but then, I think that I could see the best out of Veloso as a Deep Lying Playmaker, should I change also Silva´s duty ?
Hope someone can help me, cause Im playing awful.
hey mate,
1) your first problem is that david villa isnt a deep lying forward, he is a finsher, in fact hes the perfect advanced forward. set him to that, set cardozo to complete forward support, his got a great creativity, long shots heading, he'll score headers and play in villa.

2) set silva advance playmaker attack, set veloso to deep lying playmaker, but if you're going to set a playmaker, make sure its silva.

you have you full back on support, they need to be set to wingback.auto, since they provide the only width you have.

personally with valencia you should really be looking to exploit mata, villa, silva, which usually means playing with width, normally 4-2-3-1 deep or even 4-4-2

Back