What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
ye thats the way i want it but ive got obertan,jovetic, costa and gourcuff and my DM is Sandro(check him out he's brilliant) Ye where did you play Rooney?I played him deep lying and last season he scored 35+ and the season before that 31 goals. Let me know how Dzeko goes for you and if you have any tips that would be great.

I just had a quick look around the forum there, the general belief is that Dzeko should be played as a target man,supporting Rooney. I imagine he will pick up a good few goals from corners and crosses from the left. Hope that helps

tommy hayes and glynner121, i play dzeko as a complete forward support, alongside rooney as complete forward attack. i untick the hold up ball on rooney, and also set him to swap with dzeko. there isnt a defence that can live them at the moment. make you sure you tell dzejo to unlearn stops play, and then teach him tries first time shots. i dont like him as targetman, it limits his play i play a balanced flat 4-4-2, with traditional winger full back right side, but attacking asymmetric left side, so in defence its 4-4-2 but attack its 4-3-3

Last edited:
im currently playing 4-4-2 diamond with Sporting CP, and im not sure of the roles i should assing to my players. here is a link of my squad, and BTW, tell me if you think that 4-4-2 is the wrong tactic for this squad :D
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8825/squadz.jpg

BTW, the tactic is kinda weird now, because i was trying some variations, but i normally play 4-4-2 diamond

Torres///
Dzeko is performing well,but i just cant get torres to play good enough/
same with hamsik

How should i play Victor anichebe. I use 4-4-2 and have a poacher alongside him

Torres///
Dzeko is performing well,but i just cant get torres to play good enough/
same with hamsik
whats your formation? roles and dutes are only useful when placed in the context of the formation and philosophy

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Hey guys when you are asking for what roles and duties suit you players, make sure you you say which formation and what philosophy you are using, or thinking about using. Roles and Duties are only useful when placed in the context of formation and philosophy. An advanced forward in a rigid formation will act differently to one in a fluid formation.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

How should i play Victor anichebe. I use 4-4-2 and have a poacher alongside him
in honestly you wouldnt play him, as he's also a poacher, you havent got a supporting forward in your strike partnership.

playing as leeds in a 3-5-2 fluid formation in league 1 need roles for my strikeforce of Jermaine Beckford and Kikin Fonseca. please help :)

playing as leeds in a 3-5-2 fluid formation in league 1 need roles for my strikeforce of Jermaine Beckford and Kikin Fonseca. please help :)
beckford is pure poacher, i'd set fonseca to deep lying forward support.

I don't know how to set my DC Players to really defend and not just run around the oposition Players? For a better understandig my players do not defend well and in my Team, my DC are:
Leo from Gremio, Johan Djourou, Sidnei and Mathias Jorgensen they have good attributes but they don not defend like they should.Pls some one give me a advice

Last edited:
Hey i play a 4 4 2 formation

***********Akkenfive*********

Lb:Taiwo*****cb: Mexes/K.toure/Lescot******Rb: Sagna

Lm:Modric/Ashley young DFM: Pirlo/Xabi alonso/Veloso Rm:Modric/Barry

ATM:kaka/Ireland
St:Tevez/Benzema/Addebayor/bellamy

this are my players

Akkenfive
cb: Mexes/K.toure/Lescot
Lb:Taiwo Armand traore
Rb: Sagna/Ivanovic
Lm:Modric/Ashley young
DFM: Pirlo/Xabi alonso/Veloso
Rm:Modric/Barry
ATM:kaka/Ireland
St:Tevez/Benzema/Addebayor/bellamy

can u tell me good tactics and formation and team instruction settings and player seetings thanks

Im playing 4-4-2 Diamond.
I have Cavani and Zarate as strikers, which roles should i assign them?
Also have Matias Fernandez as AMC, which role should i assign for him?

oh ok sorry so.

Playing in
4 1 2 1 2 formation
strong control in the middle short passes.
Gerrard is AMC Attack,doing amazing 6games 8 goals 11 assists
Dzeko as complete forword is also very nice 9goals from 10
just i think i dont get the 100 precent from torres,right now his complete forword attack(dzeko is supurt)

right i am currently in my second season pre-season with porto i play standard 4 4 2 formation with attacking mentality last season hulk was brilliant but to take the pressure of him i have just signed jo and i was wandering what the bes way to play them together is ? help is much appreciated
thanks

oh ok sorry so.

Playing in
4 1 2 1 2 formation
strong control in the middle short passes.
Gerrard is AMC Attack,doing amazing 6games 8 goals 11 assists
Dzeko as complete forword is also very nice 9goals from 10
just i think i dont get the 100 precent from torres,right now his complete forword attack(dzeko is supurt)
ok leave him as complete forward attack, but untick hold up ball, and also set him to swap with dzeko

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

right i am currently in my second season pre-season with porto i play standard 4 4 2 formation with attacking mentality last season hulk was brilliant but to take the pressure of him i have just signed jo and i was wandering what the bes way to play them together is ? help is much appreciated
thanks
hulk, complete forward support, jo advanced forward, theough heard people play him as complete forward too, untick hold up ball for him though

How should i play Iniesta beside Xavi?
Like what roles, or what creativity freedom, long shots frequency or wadever
need as much info as possible
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
David N'gog and Marlon Harewood up front together for Preston, in a 4-4-2..
screenies:

Hi
Currently playing Newcastle, 1st season back in EPL play a standard 4-4-2 however need guidence on these players roles:
Ben Arfa (currently playing: LM wide midfield ATK)
Partnership : Cardozo ST (Target Man ATK)
Macheda ST (Advance Forward ATK)
Insua LB (Wing Back SUP)
Otamendi CD (Central Defence Cover)
any help would be appreciated thank you

Back