What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
Hi am playing with Aston Villa and i play 4-4-2 formation.I bought Ronaldo from Coritnthians,so i whant to ask you what role to put him.I put him deep lying forward with attack?
And question 2 can he play with Agbonlahor who i play as Poacher,or with Carew or Heskey which i put as target man?

playing with spurs at the moment , which way would you play edin dzeko and luis suarez

me again. need roles for Dawid Jancysk and my 3 central defenders of sol campbell. David prieto and magnus troest in a fluid 3-5-2 :)

I'm not sure if this goes in the what tactics I should use thread or here so my apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm running a 4-2-2-2 control setup in a low league game and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I've only conceded 12 in 16 games and scored 34. I just note that from my 1 loss and 3draws I've gone down to multiple long range strikes (25-35yds) in the same game. At least half the goals I've conceded were long range screamers. Is there anything I can do with my defensive instructions or is it just one of those bad luck things? Any suggestions? The Central defender with the best marking/Tackling attribute gets the Man marking gig and the whichever ove has the worse marking attribute gets the zone gig. Sometimes I switch the Inside forward to defensive wingers if I'm getting carved up the flanks.

Last edited:
Klass-jan Huntelaar and Pato as stike partners, Pato scores plenty played as Poacher - Attack, but not getting anything from Huntelaar as Advanced Forward, Attack

Hi
Currently playing Newcastle, 1st season back in EPL play a standard 4-4-2 however need guidence on these players roles:
Ben Arfa (currently playing: LM wide midfield ATK)
Partnership : Cardozo ST (Target Man ATK)
Macheda ST (Advance Forward ATK)
Insua LB (Wing Back SUP)
Otamendi CD (Central Defence Cover)
any help would be appreciated thank you

I am currently myself playing Newcastle - must say I am amazed you've landed some many high profile players after playing Newcastle one season; they are more or less bankrupt. Must have sold half your team.

First of all I would simply play a simple 4-4-2 with two att. wingers; in midfield a advanced playmaker with support and a ball-winning midfielder with defence. Play Insua as a fullback with either a support role or as automatic. Play the fasted of your CD as a ball-playing defender with defend and the taller as a central defender with cover. If you choose to play Cardozo as a target man set him as support and Macheda as an advanced forward. I would play Cardozo to the head.

just signed sanogo, cardozo and gignac how can i play two of them up front ??

Role for Gignac please
i'm playing him with neymar
thx.

Gignac - Target Man

Neymar - Poacher/Advanced Forward

how about Rooney - Dzeko , i have Cesc,Gourcuff,Buonanotte,Palacios,James Rodriguez,Sandro in mid , I had set Rooney Complete Forward Attack and Dzeko Target Man support but without result , I usually set Gourcuff and Buonaotte is inside forward , Cesc advance Playmaker and Palacios is Ball winning , Can you help me !!!!

David N'Gog... up front with Marlon Harewood in a 4-4-2 with preston first season, PLEASE HELP!

rooney by himself up front?

some more detail would probably help, ie what kind of players are supporting him.

i would say even though he is on his own try deep lying forward/trequarista but tick 'hold up ball'

some more detail would probably help, ie what kind of players are supporting him.

i would say even though he is on his own try deep lying forward/trequarista but tick 'hold up ball'

sorry have nani/ashley young on left wing and valencia on right with 3 centre mids. cheers

Back