What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
Would like to know how to get the best out of my squad. I want to know every detail. Thanks you

Would like to know how to get the best out of my squad. I want to know every detail. Thanks you
first things first. your full backs should have a least a support (personally i think you should set them to automatic) since they are the sole outlets for your width.

secondly what did you do to make your team so unhappy?

your three attacking player all have attack duties, unless the amc is a trequartista, one those three needs to have a support duty

What Best AMC postion For Hamsik?
Playing Goals galore 41212
2 Mid winger 1 amc 2 strikes
thx much

OK. I created a new one. Chosen to start Gourcuff ahead of Ronaldinho :(.

See what you think.

EDIT

Pirlo and Veloso are the other way around.

Last edited:
Well you havent give me much info on what your formation your playing but id play Dzeko as a Target man and Torres as a poacher,see if that works.

Theres no other way you could play them to be honest.

OK. I created a new one. Chosen to start Gourcuff ahead of Ronaldinho :(.

See what you think.

EDIT

Pirlo and Veloso are the other way around.
not sure about that, think seedorf would get crowded out. what's dzeko's role?why not play a 4-2-3-1.keep dzeko role the same, as he's clearly working. set veloso and pirlo to dlps' one support, one defend. gourcoff amc trequartista. pato as a winger or inside forward/attack on the right, ronaldinho as a winger/inside forward/ adv playmaker/attack. but make sure you set the playmaker tab to none

note i am biased against central formations though, i like my width (H)

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Theres no other way you could play them to be honest.
complete forwards, dezko support, torres attack

Last edited:
"note i am biased against central formations though, i like my width"

Thats what she said.

Yeah I might try that. Only reason why I didn't is because I wanted Pato to be the superstar goal scorer. Pato was injured for 4 months, So Dzeko has 15 goals in 13 Serie A games. Borrielo got 2 goals and 9 assists lol.

I changed Seedorf to Gattusso. Ball winning midfielder btw. With that formation, What would be the starting strategy? Counter away and attacking at home? With Control when you can't break though?

"note i am biased against central formations though, i like my width"

Thats what she said.

Yeah I might try that. Only reason why I didn't is because I wanted Pato to be the superstar goal scorer. Pato was injured for 4 months, So Dzeko has 15 goals in 13 Serie A games. Borrielo got 2 goals and 9 assists lol.

I changed Seedorf to Gattusso. Ball winning midfielder btw. With that formation, What would be the starting strategy? Counter away and attacking at home? With Control when you can't break though?
lol touche.

i attack at home,but go standard away, control if you cant break through. ive attached TT and F 10, read pages 30 to 32, for help on what strategy. ive noticed your morale is low, use the wolfsongs team talks to help you restore some harmony.

also ive attach the tactic ive been using with united. its a flat 4-4-2, but you do have the players to make it work, just in case you cant get anything to work, ive only lost 5 games in 2 and a half seasons with this, mainly cos its very good at creating chances so i often draw games i should have lost (roony left mid, pirlo, gourcoff, afellay right mid, though pato can play there, hes playing there for me now and hes mint)

the appendix and visions have some real life tactics in there (fairly sure theres an ac milan one in there) and interesting ideas on making your tactic work

Last edited:
I see. I just beat Juve away 2-0 with the tactic I just created hahahaha. I created like 0 chances. 5 shots. no clear cut chances. Was a utter bore to watch IMO. I'll prob change it because its so boring. I got TT, and yes there is a AC Milan tactic. I used that Brazilian 4-4-2 box. Lost to Zenit 4-1 at home :S Thought it could work, obviously not. Where are these things that you attached?

I see. I just beat Juve away 2-0 with the tactic I just created hahahaha. I created like 0 chances. 5 shots. no clear cut chances. Was a utter bore to watch IMO. I'll prob change it because its so boring. I got TT, and yes there is a AC Milan tactic. I used that Brazilian 4-4-2 box. Lost to Zenit 4-1 at home :S Thought it could work, obviously not. Where are these things that you attached?
they should be there now, check my previous post

tah. I just did a team report. Pato is 1 and a half star at AMR -.- R80 is 1 star at AML. Should I change there training to wingers? Instead of attacking midfielder and striker?

tah. I just did a team report. Pato is 1 and a half star at AMR -.- R80 is 1 star at AML. Should I change there training to wingers? Instead of attacking midfielder and striker?
you man in theie schedule? no, but set their retrain positions to aml and amr

wierdly, pato has 3 start rating at right mid

Last edited:
Sorry. I am new to FM2010. Converted over from FIFA Manager 10. What do you mean, retrain?

no worries mate, have uploaded a screenshot. where it says new position, change it to attacking right mid

Thank you very much. You seem to always respond to my threads and questions :D

no worries mate. glad to help, fm can be very daunting if your new to it. this weekend if you time get a pen and paper, and have a deep read through the the tt and f things, noting down anything you think might be particularly helpful.

Back