What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 381K
Ok thanks. I can't beat ANY big team. Last season lost and drew with Juve and Inter. Lost against first big team in the UCL. Manchester United. This season. Lost both games against Inter and Juve. Drew against Roma. Now I have Barcelona in the UCL..... Tips on playing against big teams?

I also have the best Attack and the best Defense in the league. Some how I am 14 points off top. By that analys tool. I am having A LOT of intercepted passes in the final third of the pitch.
there are two ways to play the top teams,impose your game in them and force them to counter, or negate the way they play. for example chelsea i play narrower to stop them flooding the centre, but i use exploit the flanks to attack where they are weakest. look at their formations and see how they play,

if the scout report says they like to keep possession, them it means they will play short passing to feet, so tight mark and hassle them, close them down, italian football likes the centre of the pitch so try and get it wide, exploit dzeko's power and height by getting crosses in for him.

with liverpools default squad i want to play a 4 2 3 1 asymmetric,i want to control possession, im not fussed about winning by heaps of goals just want to be good defensively and create a few chances myself.

with liverpools default squad i want to play a 4 2 3 1 asymmetric,i want to control possession, im not fussed about winning by heaps of goals just want to be good defensively and create a few chances myself.
do you mean the 4-2-3-1 that united use to play? look through here mate. make sure you set the playmaker box to none

yeah kind of like that but masha doesnt really fit the deep lying play makers role, but this was helpful ill play around and hopefully find something i like :)

yeah kind of like that but masha doesnt really fit the deep lying play makers role, but this was helpful ill play around and hopefully find something i like :)
no worries, try masch as defensive mid/anchorman rather than dlp, and then aquilani as adv playmaker support rather than central mid support

I just beat Inter 2-0. I just mirrored their formation. Scored from 2 set peices though. Asked assistant to do all the OI.

I just beat Inter 2-0. I just mirrored their formation. Scored from 2 set peices though. Asked assistant to do all the OI.
theres no shame in scoring from set pecies, people underestimate them, as youve seen they can be the difference between a win and a draw in a tight game did they play that 4-3-1-2? i hate that formation, sneidjer is a beast as an amc

this is what i came up with

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Insua
Macharano
Gerrard Benayoun
Kuyt Rodriguez
Torres

Playing as
sweeper keeper
full back (auto) central defender (defend) central defneder (defend) fullback (auto)
anchorman (defend)
deep lying play maker (support) side midfielder (attack)
inside forward (attack) trequartista (attack)
deep lying forward support

team instructions
rigid
attacking
default passing
more expressive
press more
default tackling
man marking
drill crossing
more roaming

see any problems in there or anything i should change?

Yes they did. Veloso contained him though. Is there a way you can directly put a player to mark another player?

Yes they did. Veloso contained him though. Is there a way you can directly put a player to mark another player?
yeah in player instructions when in game, where it say marking type you can choose man zonal or specific, specific is the one you want

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

this is what i came up with

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Insua
Macharano
Gerrard Benayoun
Kuyt Rodriguez
Torres

Playing as
sweeper keeper
full back (auto) central defender (defend) central defneder (defend) fullback (auto)
anchorman (defend)
deep lying play maker (support) side midfielder (attack)
inside forward (attack) trequartista (attack)
deep lying forward support

team instructions
rigid
attacking
default passing
more expressive
press more
default tackling
man marking
drill crossing
more roaming

see any problems in there or anything i should change?
looks good, but if you should make the mc an advanced playmaker rather than deep lying, particuler with gerrards shooting and passing he'll be a real threat from range. and id make torres a complete forward support, but see how he performs first

hey mad i got a problem.
just bought rooney
so my front is
Hazard ML MR lennon
AMC Hamsik Advance playmaker
Dzeko COmplete forword suprt Rooney COmplete forword attack.
Dzeko is very good
3 goals 2 assists 4 gmaes.
rooney cant perform nearly touch the ball.
4 games 0 goals 0 assists.
what shud i do?
Can u tell me ur personal tactics for rooney and dzeko pls?

Last edited:
hey mad i got a problem.
just bought rooney
so my front is
Hazard ML MR lennon
AMC Hamsik Advance playmaker
Dzeko COmplete forword suprt Rooney COmplete forword attack.
Dzeko is very good
3 goals 2 assists 4 gmaes.
rooney cant perform nearly touch the ball.
4 games 0 goals 0 assists.
what shud i do?
Can u tell me ur personal tactics for rooney and dzeko pls?
hey mate, i actually play them as complete forwards, same as you have them, but i also have rooey set to swap with dzeko. give them time to create a partnership. soon under good relationships you see it say plays well with rooney and vice versa

Hi again themadsheep. I again have lost against a big side. I dominated possesion but failed to create any chances. My defending was tight and very good. Deigo scored a long ranged effort and Other goal was a major deflection and an own goal. Lost 3-0 against Juve. At home. 57% possesion 11 shots to their 6. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I just suck at this game -.-

Hi again themadsheep. I again have lost against a big side. I dominated possesion but failed to create any chances. My defending was tight and very good. Deigo scored a long ranged effort and Other goal was a major deflection and an own goal. Lost 3-0 against Juve. At home. 57% possesion 11 shots to their 6. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I just suck at this game -.-
try playing two up front. if in doubt go back to what you know best, for me its the 4-4-2. is you formation a downloaded one or one you made from scratch?

I used that 4-4-2 when I'm playing away. Couple of 0-0's and 2-1 1-0 Etc. For me its very defenisvly solid but lacks the final third creativity for some reason.
Trying to think of a formation where I can play 2 wide players but have 2 strikers and 3 midfielders lol. But I also don't want to play 3 at the back..... I just bought Zarate for the AML position. He has been immense, dribbling past player a lot and cutting in. I want to play Gourcuff for the Trequista position. With Veloso and Pirlo as deeplaying. God its tough..... Need Dzeko and Pato upfront I think. Dzeko getting crowded out.

I used that 4-4-2 when I'm playing away. Couple of 0-0's and 2-1 1-0 Etc. For me its very defenisvly solid but lacks the final third creativity for some reason.
Trying to think of a formation where I can play 2 wide players but have 2 strikers and 3 midfielders lol. But I also don't want to play 3 at the back..... I just bought Zarate for the AML position. He has been immense, dribbling past player a lot and cutting in. I want to play Gourcuff for the Trequista position. With Veloso and Pirlo as deeplaying. God its tough..... Need Dzeko and Pato upfront I think. Dzeko getting crowded out.
yeah its just easier witha strike partnership. an workign on the 4-4-2, have just hit that phse in the 3rd season when things start to go to pot. draw with man city after having 22 shots, 14 on target, 7 clear cut chances and hit the woodwork 5 times., then had a perfectly good winning goal ruled out, even the fa agreed when i made my outburst in the press conference

mm. Would you recommend Barca style? I'll post my Current squad. Added a few from the transfer window. Yes I know, my players are a bit unhappy. Oh and I know the feeling. Mt first ever game on fm2010. Manchester United vs Rochdale in the FA Cup round 3. 38 shots. 11 Clear cut, 20 on target. 67% possesion. 3 goals ruled offside. 1 ruled out because of a foul. Lost 2-0. Penalty in the 87th Minute and Own goal in the 92nd.

mm. Would you recommend Barca style? I'll post my Current squad. Added a few from the transfer window. Yes I know, my players are a bit unhappy. Oh and I know the feeling. Mt first ever game on fm2010. Manchester United vs Rochdale in the FA Cup round 3. 38 shots. 11 Clear cut, 20 on target. 67% possesion. 3 goals ruled offside. 1 ruled out because of a foul. Lost 2-0. Penalty in the 87th Minute and Own goal in the 92nd.
yeha that would work, there is a barcelona tactic floating round here, and i know there is an updated one in the TT and F appendix 1.1, think i just fixed my 4-4-2, just as i lose rooney for 2 months, pato gets his chances to shine, scores 2 on his first start in europe for me will see how it finished 2011, then ill send it to you if its gets good results

Cheers mate. I'll test out this Barca one on TT Apendix. Veloso or Pirlo at DM?

Back