What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
what roles and dutys forrr roony/drogba/pandev in a narrow 442 diamond
i rotate all three strikers

not really getting the goals i should
---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Lukaku upfront with Jermain Defoe?

Defoe as poacher or advanced foward
Lukaku as target man or possibly deep lying

Last edited:
agbonglahor? nilmar? almeida? trejo? cheers guys

agbonlahor, nilmar and trejo are probably best as poachers

not sure which almeida your referring to but if its the guy from werder id go with target man or deep lying

agbonlahor, nilmar and trejo are probably best as poachers

not sure which almeida your referring to but if its the guy from werder id go with target man or deep lying

yes i was refering to hugo almeida of werder bremen, and i play him as a target man however when i play him the other center forward, whether it be nilmar agbonlahor or trejo never seem to play well or be involved in play

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

what roles and dutys forrr roony/drogba/pandev in a narrow 442 diamond
i rotate all three strikers

not really getting the goals i should
[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------[/COLOR]

should always use rooney as a deep lying or a complete and would probably use drogba as a target man

is robinho best as a winger?

not really.hes a decent winger but there are much better options out there. ive always used him as a poacher and only as a winger if all my other wingers arnt available

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

yes i was refering to hugo almeida of werder bremen, and i play him as a target man however when i play him the other center forward, whether it be nilmar agbonlahor or trejo never seem to play well or be involved in play

what tactics are you using ?

Last edited:
[COLOR=#00e0][/COLOR]

what tactics are you using ?[/QUOTE]

3-5-2 when at home
4-4-2 when away

I used Almeida as Advanced Forward and he always scored for me. For Agbonalhor i used Target man.. Won Premier league with this duo(Patch 10.2)

I am playing with Sunderland AFC

LB: Gareth Bale
CB: Shawcross
CB: Otamendi
RB: Diego Renan

CM: Cana
CM: Cattermole or Krivets

WBL: Molle
WBR: Wilshere

ST: Welliton
ST: Milevsky

Any creative suggestions on how to assign roles and duties to these lads? The team is very young (I am starting my second season). Season one I played a rigid system and finsihed 7th in premier league. I would like to switch to a more balanced/fluid formation.

Thanks to everybody!

I used Almeida as Advanced Forward and he always scored for me. For Agbonalhor i used Target man.. Won Premier league with this duo(Patch 10.2)

ahhh seems strange :), im guessing you set target man supply to feet when you set agbonlahor as target man?
what formation did you use?

Any ideas what role would suit Tafer in Championship?
Also, what role should I put Sissoko in for Forest?

i cannot for the life of me get fabregas to play well or bang in the goals or help with assists ?
my arsenal team is winning but fabregas is only averaging 6.5 and has scored one goal in about 15 games ?
i currently play him in cm, advanced plamaker on attack and hes the primary playmaker
any suggestions ?
cheers

Hey John, i play in him in either a flat 3 with song as ball winning and Diaby as box2box or push him up and play the same, with Fabregas as Adv. playmaker attack duty, and set him as primary playmaker and target man "run onto ball" - he's still not great - for some reason FM doesn't seem to recognise his class... but he scored 10 or so goals with 15+ assists. Give him a free role too, that means tick "roam from position box" - make him do fwd runs often, run w/ ball sometimes, through balls often, cross ball sometimes [deep, centre] and make Song play very short passes so he lays it off to Cesc. hope that helps!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I am playing with Sunderland AFC

LB: Gareth Bale
CB: Shawcross
CB: Otamendi
RB: Diego Renan

CM: Cana
CM: Cattermole or Krivets

WBL: Molle
WBR: Wilshere

ST: Welliton
ST: Milevsky

Any creative suggestions on how to assign roles and duties to these lads? The team is very young (I am starting my second season). Season one I played a rigid system and finsihed 7th in premier league. I would like to switch to a more balanced/fluid formation.

Thanks to everybody!

i think... set Otamendi as ball playing defender, like Vermaelen Arsenal, and push up the line a little bit, i don't actually know about Krivets but Cattermole and Cana seem both to be defensively minded, if that's how you want it, i'd say set one (Cana???) as Deep Lying playmaker and maybe the other as CM - support or b2b.. Set Milevski as target man on settings, but not sure about role and duty sorry.. probably set Welliton who i think is quite fast? as a poacher or adv forward and Wilshere as inside forward support so he comes in from the wing and tries long shots or passes into strikers, sorry i couldn't be more helpful, you might also want a left footed player on the LW so as not to cause congestion in the middle of the pitch!

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Help me please. My Team Is
Iker Casillas , sergio ramos , aleksandar kolarov , pepe , giorgio chiellini , Xabi alonso , c.ronaldo, kaka , ashley young ,david villa and gonzalo higuain . PLEASE HELP ME . What tactic should i play or should i buy new players ??

Doesn't sound like you need much help with a team like that! Maybe try something like this:
Casillas - sweeper keeper
S. Ramos - wing back (auto) Pepe - ball playing CB*(stopper) Chiellini - BP(stopper) Kolarov - WB (auto)
** Xabi Alonso (Deep lying)....
C. Ronaldo -Inside fwd (attack) Higuain - inside fwd (support) kaka -adv playmaker (attack)
Villa - poacher/avanced fwd (attack) (​

* I recommend playing Metzelder or Garay instead of Pepe
** i only listed one CM, because i think that line up is way too attacking - try getting pirlo and playing him with Xabi Alonso as deep lying playmaker too or toulalan, someone defensive basically and i'm presuming money isn't a prob?

Onuoha? his natural position is CD but his acc is 20! and his stats dont match well.

and also, A Traore and Zhirkov.

thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

View attachment 66609View attachment 66610

i dont have a clue what role to play these two players in because they look like good players but are not performing

the right guy should be good for target man.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

and so is the left one.

Hi,i m using 4-5-1 formation at Real Madrid.What role should i give my striker Villa,also my AML and AMR Gonzalo Castro and Ronaldo and my midfeilders Kaka and Xabi Alonso?

Back