What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
off topic but will help if people want to continue playing. i have released a update for fm10 with all the latest transfers etc. can be found in the transfer updates section

Playing 4-4-2 with Real Madrid

1st squad currently

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Regular Goalkeeper role)
Defence: A. Nesta, Luisao (regular CB roles)
DR: Ramos (Wing back automatic)
DL: Roberto Carlos (WB Attack)
MCs:
Kaka (CM - Defend)
Modric (Advanced Playmaker - Support)
MR: C. Ronaldo (Winger - Attack)
ML: Drenthe (Winger - Attack)
Forwards: Raul (Don't know which role, basically played him with complete forward, poacher, deep lying forward, advanced forward) & Petric (Played as Poacher and Complete Forward)

Subs & Reserves:
J. Dudek (GK)
Ivan Helguera
Pepe
Metzelder
Arbeloa
Lassana Diarra
Xabi Alonso
Granero
Guti
Higuain
Benzema
Van Nistelrooy

Out on loan:
Adan
Albiol
Marcelo

Just brought in old Edgar Davids who won't play last few games xD

Yes i score goals (Petric won Player of the Year, 22 goals in the league, Raul around 18 in league and he scored 10 goals in CL, second best scorer, first is Torres with 11 so the match against liverpool is important)
won the liga bbva
in the final of spanish cup (against atletico madrid)
In the final of the Champions League against Liverpool

when season 2010 / 2011 comes will buy newer and younger players. I have a lot of targets in mind.

Now i need help with this lineup.

To Buy:
Left back (Maybe Boka / Michel Bastos)
Striker (Wealth of targets in mind)
Right back (Maicon in me sights)
Right winger / Right Midfielder

Even made new records
Most games won in row ( and Most games without losing) 32 ---> 31.8.2009 -> 24.1.2010 (I beat barcelona 2 times in this period in league matches and 2 draws with them in cup)
I've thrown Man UTd from the quarter finals of the CL

Last edited:

LB Try bale I really recommend him he performe really good for me
Strike,well depend on your tactic try Dzeko As target man supurt or complete forward suport for your poacher,and for poacher,u can try aguero,Neymar for young target,but at that age more of a dribbler than scorer,Wilelton from spartac moscow is really good finisher.
Rightback Raul THe young brazilian rightback,Diego renan ,inter young santon is immense.
Right mid right winger,well For Very young and not very good option in start,in karim ait fana,At 2012 he is in barca,worth around 15,5M (bought for 8M)
Alexis sanchez
Actually i would have player Benezema is that poacher or change him to advance forward.
Put cristiano ronaldo as your left striker with complete forward suport role.
Buy sanchez for MR
Why kaka set as defence?He perform good?
Try to use more of granero,He actually pretty decent,You can buy Ever benega from valencia,and do a rotation each game,Modric kaka-Benega granero.
I think u need better ML,Drenth isnt that class for Madrid.Put marcelo there

Heres a glimpse for anyone whos interested in the argentinian team
Just won my 6th major tournament with them, I've won 2 copa americas 2 world cups and I think a couple of confederations, not been beaten in 6 years and its down to me being smarter than maradona with roles
Romero-GK-Defend but with quick distribution set
Ansaldi/Heinze/Zanetti/Otamendi- Fullbacks set as wingbacks in defend duty with high pressuring and deep defensive line but still with creative freedom for long balls up to front 4
2 CB-one is cover and ball playing and the other is stopper who plays just behind the anchorman and basically sweeps up anything he misses
Mascherano and cambiasso both DMs, Cambiassos set as deep lying playmaker defend and mascha is an anchorman basically I set cambiasso to always be available for a short ball from mascha then he distributes
Anchorman sweeps up the oppositions playmakers stoppping the killer ball and long shots and cambiasso also puts in a block or two but they both sit back to my own 30 yard line by altering their mentality and they prey on a bad touch etc (like italy)
My attacks my strength
Aguero/di maria wide left/AMC
If on the left they can be utilised as wingers but aguero and tevez normally get alterated in a cam position but crucially set as tranquistara with creative freedom and through balls often as they bothj thrive under it
And of course messi set as inside forward on the right who cuts inside and is given all the freedom he wants, mixed passing shoot often cross whenever etc
Then my main man up front, Gonzalo higuain as a targetman but his role and duty as complete forward support who doesnt hold it up, zonal marking (sometimes he picks up bad backpasses) and hes the complete deal for targetman setting mixed and crossing set to default as hes good in the air and with ball at feet
their are more to it but that is a very sturdy all round tactic that gets the best out of theargentine squad-

LB Try bale I really recommend him he performe really good for me
Strike,well depend on your tactic try Dzeko As target man supurt or complete forward suport for your poacher,and for poacher,u can try aguero,Neymar for young target,but at that age more of a dribbler than scorer,Wilelton from spartac moscow is really good finisher.
Rightback Raul THe young brazilian rightback,Diego renan ,inter young santon is immense.
Right mid right winger,well For Very young and not very good option in start,in karim ait fana,At 2012 he is in barca,worth around 15,5M (bought for 8M)
Alexis sanchez
Actually i would have player Benezema is that poacher or change him to advance forward.
Put cristiano ronaldo as your left striker with complete forward suport role.
Buy sanchez for MR
Why kaka set as defence?He perform good?
Try to use more of granero,He actually pretty decent,You can buy Ever benega from valencia,and do a rotation each game,Modric kaka-Benega granero.
I think u need better ML,Drenth isnt that class for Madrid.Put marcelo there

Thanks for the Tip, but Drenthe actually plays very well as the left winger, with a average performance of 7.4, and lowest is 6.8.
As for Granero, when Drenthe is in need of rest, Granero is my first choice, because he is actually really good and won me some games by assisting to Petric & Raul.

As for Kaka acting defensively, he's actually pretty good, i was surprised.

As for the transfers, i'll look into them, thanks for the recommendations. Will let you know me decisions :P

I will ask one more time. I play villa as a complete forward or as a poacher, but should i set him as target man and if so how best to play the ball to him??? I searched the thread but cant find one proper answer. So how to pass it to villa. I set him to run onto the ball and he gets 6 past lincoln but cant beat the slow wolves defence in the prem etc.... Help pls

I will ask one more time. I play villa as a complete forward or as a poacher, but should i set him as target man and if so how best to play the ball to him??? I searched the thread but cant find one proper answer. So how to pass it to villa. I set him to run onto the ball and he gets 6 past lincoln but cant beat the slow wolves defence in the prem etc.... Help pls
you might want to play a target man with support duty alongside him and play him as a poacher. works better that way :)

I'm Arsenal, I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2 with arshavin, rvp and dzeko in the 1-2 how should I play them? In terms of stats RvP is almost the perfect trequartista, but whenever I play this it never works. I'm playing dzeks as a complete foward and Arshavin as an Attacking Midfielder running from deep. This is producing very inconsistent results. Thanks for any help.

I've taken over HSV in the January Transfer Window after I couldn't get anything from my 1860 Muchen team. The tactic I'm using show's flashes of brillance with Ze Roberto orchestrating some excellent goals every now and then. I want my Fullbacks to support the attack with the DM staying deep in attack to watch the counter. I think my short passing option is a problem, probably a more direct passing game is in order. I've got Zigic on the bench who i bring on as a target man support, the idea being the Striker plays a Mark Viduka-esque role in holding up the ball for Ze Roberto, Elia and co to get forward. Ruud is a balance, I'd like him to get goals but currently he only scores off mistakes and set pieces. My defense is anything but solid, giving up goals to weaker teams and quite often I lose the shots battle (although I do force them to shoot mainly from distance, all I want now is more intercepts).

Can anyone spot any obvious holes, or have some good suggestions?
N.B. Collin Benjamin is a scrub, probably shouldn't be playing there -- but I like Aogo at Wing back for his crossing

Team: HSV
Formation: 4-3-2-1
-0-0-0-0-
---0--0---
-----0-----
-0------0-
-----0-----

Roles:
GK - Goalkeeper Defend (Frank Rost)
DR - Fullback Auto (Juanra)
DL - Wing Back Attack (Dennis Aogo)
DC - Central Defender Defend (Jerome Boateng / Joris Mathisen)
DM - Defensive Mid Defend (David Jarolim (c))
DM - Deep-Lying Playmaker (Collin Benjamin)
MC- Central Midfield Attack (Ze Roberto)
WR Winger Attack (Romeo Castelen)
WL Winger Attack (Eljero Elia)
ST Deep Lying Forward Support (Ruud Van Nistesleooy)

Important Bench Players:
Nikola Zigic ST (Target Man)
Marcell Jensen (WB L)
Marcus Berg (ST, great poacher when I play two up front)
David Rozenhal (DM DC)

Others:
Mladen Petric (wants to move to a bigger club, he's pretty good, but probably not for my system)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I'm Arsenal, I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2 with arshavin, rvp and dzeko in the 1-2 how should I play them? In terms of stats RvP is almost the perfect trequartista, but whenever I play this it never works. I'm playing dzeks as a complete foward and Arshavin as an Attacking Midfielder running from deep. This is producing very inconsistent results. Thanks for any help.

trequartista's never worked for me either.

I'd set them at the following: Dzeko as a deep-lying forward support, RvP as the advanced forward (attack obviously) and Arsharvin as the advanced playmaker in a support role as well. Hopefully this will get them working together in a triangle. Arshavin should be spanking some long shots and looking to play through to RvP with Dzeko receiving and holding the ball, waiting for the others to get into position. Dzeko can obviously score for you by himself in that role due to his beast like qualities.

Give it a whirl.

I'd set them at the following: Dzeko as a deep-lying forward support, RvP as the advanced forward (attack obviously) and Arsharvin as the advanced playmaker in a support role as well. Hopefully this will get them working together in a triangle. Arshavin should be spanking some long shots and looking to play through to RvP with Dzeko receiving and holding the ball, waiting for the others to get into position. Dzeko can obviously score for you by himself in that role due to his beast like qualities.
Give it a whirl.
Thanks man, I will try this.

As for your problem, I usually am very good with tactics on fm but my form on fm10 is so poor I don't have the confidence to even attempt to help you :(

Think Ive figured out villa as a lone front man...took 10 games but Ive trialled the same way for 20 PL games and hes got 40 goals since
Might be my other tactics too like my wingers and fullbacks get up and drill crosses in but heres how Im using him
Completeforward support with run from deep sometimes and run with ball always mentality 2 clicks left of all out attack (maximum)
Then I tell him not to hold up, zonal marking and if its against a poor CB I tell him to tightly mark him if the team Im playings patient
These goals were mixed bag too, about 13 edge of the box screamers from a lay off, 4 free kicks, 13 headers, and 10 finished after a through ball.

Role for milevskyi, i am playing him as a poacher and he is good. But is there something better role for him?
playing hims as a role striker in 4-2-3-1

Whats the best tactics to use to get the best out of
Frank Ribery
Hamsic
Milevski
I have Pato as well but hes scoring for fun anyway but i feel these 3 can do more

Back