What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
Thanks for the advice scrumhalfdanny, but I dont think ill be using this tactic as I tried something very similar during the qualifiers (against weaker teams) and scraped 1-0 wins.

And I dont mean to sound disrespectful by saying this but I would prefer if JP Woody gave me the advice as I have read some of his threads/posts and his advice seems to work very well!

Thanks anyway, mate.

Dont worry, i want his help aswell, he obviously knows what he's talking about!!

hi just wanted to know if anyone could help me with regards to roles and duties for my chelsea team and also take a look at my subs in the image and tell me if any of them should be in my staring line up or vice versa :D

ps the player hidden playing as AML is Florent Malouda :/

who should i sign for midfield aswell as alot of my players have gone to the african cup of nations, and leaving me with little depth. Would RODWELL be a good purchase?
pull the wingbacks back to fullback, give dzeko a support role, play short passing agresvsie hard closing fluid football

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Im currently managing England, and I am not sure what formation & player roles/duties best suit the team. I would like to get the best out of my obvious star players Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard. As I am about to enter into the 2010 world cup and would like to win the competition. Can you please give me some advice?
play 4-2-3-1 deep or 4-2-3-1. rooney complete forward attack, change his player instruction from moves into channel to. play an attacking mid support behind him, two inside forward attacks alonsgide the AMC

then to dmcs on support, one as defensive mid, one as deep lying playmaker. then play terry central defender/coverand rio ball playing defender/defend

pull the wingbacks back to fullback, give dzeko a support role, play short passing agresvsie hard closing fluid football

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

play 4-2-3-1 deep or 4-2-3-1. rooney complete forward attack, change his player instruction from moves into channel to. play an attacking mid support behind him, two inside forward attacks alonsgide the AMC

then to dmcs on support, one as defensive mid, one as deep lying playmaker. then play terry central defender/coverand rio ball playing defender/defend

thanks very much madsheep :D, it will help alot, although dzeko is scoring a lot in the attacking role, will i need to change him to support --- how will it help ? thanks

if dzeko is scoring, leave him be. some people find their player isolated hence why i say change to support, but he is scoring so its fine

Ok here it goes. I'm currently Scunthorpe in the first season using StuW's end off season update. I have Guilemo Franco & Gary Hooper up top. I have Franco set as a 'Target Man' and Hooper as a 'Poacher' but it's really not working well for Hooper. Franco is scoring some goals but not as much as i would like them to as a pair.

Here's Franco.
View attachment 86963

Here's Hooper.
View attachment 86964

My Tactic.
View attachment 86965

Hope one of you can help me. Thanks in advancee (K)

Ok here it goes. I'm currently Scunthorpe in the first season using StuW's end off season update. I have Guilemo Franco & Gary Hooper up top. I have Franco set as a 'Target Man' and Hooper as a 'Poacher' but it's really not working well for Hooper. Franco is scoring some goals but not as much as i would like them to as a pair.

Here's Franco.
View attachment 86963

Here's Hooper.
View attachment 86964

My Tactic.
View attachment 86965

Hope one of you can help me. Thanks in advancee (K)

it may just be because he doesnt have that great players around him. hooper as a poacher should work brilliantly. you could try him playing alongside a supporting target man instead but not promising it will work, it just did for me

Hi i am managing liverpool in my 7th season i have just been taken over by a big money tycoon i have just bought messi i know seems impossible but i have but don't know where to play him or what role to put on him i play a 4-2-3-1

My line up

reina

johnson mexes carragher risse

mascherano aqualani

maxi gerrard joe cole

Torres

Would like to know where to play messi and role and where my other players wud play tnk you

ok thought he was a trequartista. set him to attacking mid support, you have too many attack roles. if that doesnt work, set him back to amc attack, and change fracno to deep lying forward support

ok thought he was a trequartista. set him to attacking mid support, you have too many attack roles. if that doesnt work, set him back to amc attack, and change fracno to deep lying forward support

Will give that a go mate. Will let you know how i get along. Thanks.

Hi i am managing liverpool in my 7th season i have just been taken over by a big money tycoon i have just bought messi i know seems impossible but i have but don't know where to play him or what role to put on him i play a 4-2-3-1

My line up

reina

johnson mexes carragher risse

mascherano aqualani

maxi gerrard joe cole

Torres

Would like to know where to play messi and role and where my other players wud play tnk you

Just finished my first game with your suggestions.

Cardiff 0 - 2 Scunthorpe (K)

So far soo good.:wub:

i have dzeko as a lone striker with two wingers, two cms with support and an anchorman defensive mid----------- WHAT ROLE AND DUTY SHOULD I USE DZEKO AS????

I would put Essien as a ball winning mid-support, Iniesta as an advanced playmaker-attack and Ballack maybe a box to box midfielder?

I would put Essien as a ball winning mid-support, Iniesta as an advanced playmaker-attack and Ballack maybe a box to box midfielder?

thank you very much, the target man info has already helped with dzeko scoring 2 in the last match :D
thanks!! :D

Back