What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
Alexis Sanchez / Novo /Lukaku and Aguero in attack.. who should be the target man and who should be advanced forward when the advanced playmaker is Y. Gourcuff? Yuri Zerkhov as an inside forward is stealing the show!

Last edited:
Somee roles for my Man City team please, in 4-1-3-2 formation:

GK- Shay Given
DL- Davide Santon
DR- Maicon
DC- Phillippe Mexes
DC- Joleon Lescott
DMC- Danielle De Rossi
AMR- Shawn Wright-Phillips
AML- Luka Modric
AMC- Johan Gourcuff
ST- Emmannuel Adebayor
ST- Mario Balotelli

Also, I'd appreciate it if you could help me with some of the subs too:
Edin Dzeko
Carlos Tevez
Stephen Ireland
Gareth Barry
Martin Petrov
Kolo Toure

That'll be all, thanks in advance!

I'm debating whether David Silva or Cesc Fabregas would make the better playmaker for my team. Both are in central midfield. I'm sure you folks are quite familiar with both these players, but in case you aren't familiar with their precise statistics, Silva is much, much speedier than Fabregas, more creative, and better technically (which is saying something - Silva's technique is incredible), but Fabregas is quite noticeably better mentally, physically, and slightly better at attacking. Additionally, Fabregas's very best position is in the central midfield, whereas Silva is labeled only 'accomplished' in the position.

I'm essentially trying to weigh Silva's slight creative edge and incredible technical skills with Fabregas's noticeably better mental abilities and the fact that he is in his natural position.

Any opinions?

On a similar note, I'm wondering how I can best utilize Silva's skill in my current offensive tactic, which looks like this:

Tevez - ST
Abedayor - ST
Robinho - AML
Maxi Rodriguez - AMR
David Silva - MC
Cesc Fabregas - MC

I am aware that David Silva is an incredibly talented footballer. I have seen him do incredible things IRL, in game (on opposing teams), I have seen him listed constantly in 'Goal of the Week' (usually at the top), and just one look at his statistics can have you mesmerized. In fact, his statistics are nearly identical to Messi's with the exception of a slight edge Messi has mentally and physically. Notwithstanding his obvious talent, I have consistently had trouble getting any impressive results from Silva in-game. Can anyone give me any advice (I'm assuming 'duty advice') to help resolve this dilemma?

Ched Evans for Liverpool
Torres got injured for 3-4 months and Evans hasn't scored in any of the 11 games he has played since joining at the beginning of the season. He had already played 3 games before Torres got injured but since he has covered for Torres he has done nothing and it came up on a news story saying "Evans finding it tough" and that he is "low on confidence"
So, what posistion would be best for Evans?
Im currently playing him as lone striker with either Joe Cole or Gerrard playing off him

Ched Evans for Liverpool
Torres got injured for 3-4 months and Evans hasn't scored in any of the 11 games he has played since joining at the beginning of the season. He had already played 3 games before Torres got injured but since he has covered for Torres he has done nothing and it came up on a news story saying "Evans finding it tough" and that he is "low on confidence"
So, what posistion would be best for Evans?
Im currently playing him as lone striker with either Joe Cole or Gerrard playing off him

Just an idea mate, try him as Poacher, for a target man he is weak :S

Alexis Sanchez / Novo /Lukaku and Aguero in attack.. who should be the target man and who should be advanced forward when the advanced playmaker is Y. Gourcuff? Yuri Zerkhov as an inside forward is stealing the show!

Anyone?

Joe Ledley for Cardiff

Have him as an attacking advanced playmaker in a 442 as CM but I swear he could do a little more work

Roles for my players please ? I'm playing 4 at the back a DM, two CM's and 2 wide wingers with Torres (now he's injured Dzeko) up front.

I've got pretty much the same Liverpool side with the only changes as:

Outs:

Macherano

Ins:

Dzeko
Marquez

(This is 2010 database btw) A formation and roles for that formation would be nice please :)

Last edited:
hi guys, i have this problem :

my squad is the best but i can get the best of them, and the partnership between rooney and aguero is not working :(

what should i do ?

here is the tactic :

j cesar

maicon ----- zapata ----- sakho ------ santon

sandro ( anchor man )

fabregas ( advance playmaker attack) moussa sissoko (( box2box ))

mesut ozil (( inside))

aguero (( poacher )) rooney (( complete ))

and thanks alot

Hi. I'm playing Man City with a 4-5-1

-------------------Given------------------

Lahm----Richards--Fazio----Bale

---------------De Rossi-----------------

--------Barry------Van Der Vaart--

Messi--------------------------Ribery

--------------Milevskyi-----------------

Currently playing following roles:
CBs - Limited Defenders with Richards as Stopper
FBs - Wing Backs with Defend
De Rossi - Deepl Lying Playmaker with Defend
Barry - Box to Box
Van Der Vaart - Advanced Playmaker with Attack
Messi and Ribery - Inside Forward with Support for both
Milevskyi - Advanced Forward with attack

I play with Fluid/Attacking/More Expressive
Also, Tackle hard usually, and Man Mark, but that changes from game to game.

Any changes you can recommend for player roles etc?

ty

Last edited:
Got this young lad , but not sure what way to play him ,

ok i am using a 4-5-1 tactic and im in 1st season with man utd, i have set up all the roles im comfortable with, although im not 100% confident with a couple of them

GK-VDS- Goalkeeper(easy one)
LB-Evra- Fullback, Support
RB-brown- Fullback, support(altho looking to buy better rb)
CB-Vidic,- Limited Defender, Stopper
CB-Ferdinand- Ball Playing CB, Cover
DM-Carrick- Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend
CM-Fletcher-Ball winning mid, Support
CM-Anderson- Advanced Playmaker, Attack
LW-Jovetic-Inside Forward, Support
RW-Valencia- Winger, Attack
CF Rooney- Poacher, Attack

anybody see any problems with any of these and if you know if there is a better role for them, would appreciate the help
im quite new to the fm games so sorry for the hassle

also anyone know what team instructions would work well with my 4-5-1 formation

thanks

ok i am using a 4-5-1 tactic and im in 1st season with man utd, i have set up all the roles im comfortable with, although im not 100% confident with a couple of them

GK-VDS- Goalkeeper(easy one)
LB-Evra- Fullback, Support
RB-brown- Fullback, support(altho looking to buy better rb)
CB-Vidic,- Limited Defender, Stopper
CB-Ferdinand- Ball Playing CB, Cover
DM-Carrick- Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend
CM-Fletcher-Ball winning mid, Support
CM-Anderson- Advanced Playmaker, Attack
LW-Jovetic-Inside Forward, Support
RW-Valencia- Winger, Attack
CF Rooney- Poacher, Attack

anybody see any problems with any of these and if you know if there is a better role for them, would appreciate the help
im quite new to the fm games so sorry for the hassle

also anyone know what team instructions would work well with my 4-5-1 formation

thanks
i would give valencia the support role and jovetic the attack role. you could set evra to wingback, but if you do you should make sure that fletcher and whichever defender has the cover role should play on the left side

centreback oddly i prefer vidic central defender cover and rio ball playing defend

Back