What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
offensetactic.png

Suggestions for roles and duties? Thank you in advance. :)

offensetactic.png

Suggestions for roles and duties? Thank you in advance. :)
David Villa : Poacher / Attack
David Silva: Winger or Advanced Playmaker / Attack
Van der Vaart: Attacking Midfielder / Attack
Pablo Hernandez: Winger / Attack
Ever Banega: Deep Lying Playmaker / Support
Marek Hamsik: Box to Box Midfielder / Support

Ok guys I have too many midfielders but all are class! So I play JP Woodys germany tactic (which is top quality btw) which is 4231 but the defensive midfielders are midfielders.

So i have Modric on the left, Gourcuff on the right and Ozil in the middle thats the 3 attacking mids.

Just behind them is Kroos and Anderson with Rooney up top.

So what player roles for all the players I have mentioned, I have the 2 wingers with support duties and ozil as attacking mid attack with the 2 midfielders support, please help..or maybe even recommend me a new tactic which can really get the most out of these 5 players....thanks.

hi guys,

I play with man city my second season and I didnt figure out how to win the premier league :(

I achieved the fourth place in my first season and won the euro league, but I cant win against the stronger opponents like liverpool, chelsea etc., If I win then with a huge portion of luck...

And away against weaker teams I have also some trouble.

I play a 4-5-1 - but in a shape of 4-3-3 like barcelona.

Gk, 2 CB, 2 FB, DM, 2 MCS, 2 Wingers and FC.
Players are: given, bridge, bruno alves, gamberini, boateng, dmc is yaya toure, 2 mcs barry and schneijder, wingers are silva and balotelli and tevez as lone striker

The wingers plays as inside forward and attack, tevez as complete forward attack and schneijder as advanced playmaker attack, barry as central mid. support, toure as dmc defend.

Team Instructions:
Philosophy: Fluid
Strategy: Attacking
Short Passing
Zonal Marking
All the other playing styles are default

Defensive Line: Normal (in the middle)
Wide Width
Qucik tempo
Rarely time wasting
focus passing: mixed

after 6 games I am at position 9 and I dont know what to do the perform better with city

thx for help

hi guys, i have this problem :

my squad is the best but i can get the best of them, and the partnership between rooney and aguero is not working :(

what should i do ?

here is the tactic :

j cesar

maicon ----- zapata ----- sakho ------ santon

sandro ( anchor man )

fabregas ( advance playmaker attack) moussa sissoko (( box2box ))

mesut ozil (( inside))

aguero (( poacher )) rooney (( complete ))

and thanks alot

i did'nt get an ansewr :( and now i'm thinking that i waste my money over rooney :(

by the way may team is intermilan

i did'nt get an ansewr :( and now i'm thinking that i waste my money over rooney :(

by the way may team is intermilan

These are my personal favourite settings

The FCright I call Riot FC ( Aguero)

aguero.png

The FCleft is a more complete linkplayer ( rooney)

rooneym.png

Some help please ?

Got:

GK: Reina
CB: Wilson
CB: Carragher
CB: Mexes
CM: Modric
CM: Motilivo
ACM: Gerrard
RW: Kuyt
LW: Riera
ST: Torres
ST: Dzeko

Last edited:
Some help please ?

Got:

GK: Reina
CB: Wilson
CB: Carragher
CB: Mexes
CM: Modric
CM: Motilivo
ACM: Gerrard
RW: Kuyt
LW: Riera
ST: Torres
ST: Dzeko

First what I would do is swap either Montolivo or Modric with Gerrard because neither of them are strong enough defensively to cover your defence. So put gerrard centre mid and set him to box to box and make Modric the AMC advanced playmaker support. Also put Montolivo on deep lying player maker support.

Both Carra and Mexes as central defenders and Wilson as a ball playing defender. Torres advanced forward and Dzeko target man to head or Poacher. Play Reira as a winger support and Kuyt I'm not to sure how to best play him. Maybe just as a winger support too but try and buy Sanchez hes amazing.

4-2-3-1

GK: Jaaskelainen
RB: Steinsson
CB: Cahill
CB: Knight
LB: Robinson
CM: Vidal
CM: Bradley
RAM: Chung-yong
CAM: Paredes
LAM: Gardner
ST: Cardozo

Just finished 6th in League first season but I was the 7th worst conceders so I was wondering if there was anyway I could stop us shipping so many goals?
Cureently have Bradley and Vidal set as Central Midfielder's both with Support duties, Paredes is set as Advanced Playmaker and both of my wide men are Wingers.

Any help would be appreciated.

4-2-3-1

GK: Jaaskelainen
RB: Steinsson
CB: Cahill
CB: Knight
LB: Robinson
CM: Vidal
CM: Bradley
RAM: Chung-yong
CAM: Paredes
LAM: Gardner
ST: Cardozo

Just finished 6th in League first season but I was the 7th worst conceders so I was wondering if there was anyway I could stop us shipping so many goals?
Cureently have Bradley and Vidal set as Central Midfielder's both with Support duties, Paredes is set as Advanced Playmaker and both of my wide men are Wingers.

Any help would be appreciated.

For you to get better advice, I suggest that you describe the tactic that these players use their roles within as we don't know how your d-line, overall mentality. pressing, width and tempo are set.

What role suits Aguero playing in the middle with two poachers left and right of him? Cheers.

What role suits Aguero playing in the middle with two poachers left and right of him? Cheers.

That would depend on the setting of the other 2 strikers. My best advice though would be to use him as a complete FC on support with tweaked settings, giving him mixed in everything and no wide play, free role or hub

Hi, can someone help me on what role to play Cesar as striker?

Thanks ;)
I searched my save with "Cesar" and boy are their many players. Could you give his full name and/or club, or perhaps a screen of him ?

Its also crucial to know your playing style and formation, as he would be used ifferently within a attacking 41221 and a defensive 442.

I searched my save with "Cesar" and boy are their many players. Could you give his full name and/or club, or perhaps a screen of him ?

Its also crucial to know your playing style and formation, as he would be used ifferently within a attacking 41221 and a defensive 442.
Sorry mate,

Well, I am in 2013, he's brazillian and he is playing for Udinese, but on his history it says Corinthians or Wolfsburg.

I play a 4-2-4 with 2 wingers, and he will be with either Dzeko (Target Man) or David Villa (Advanced Forward). Is that enough info?

Sorry mate,

Well, I am in 2013, he's brazillian and he is playing for Udinese, but on his history it says Corinthians or Wolfsburg.

I play a 4-2-4 with 2 wingers, and he will be with either Dzeko (Target Man) or David Villa (Advanced Forward). Is that enough info?

Sorry, cant find him, A screen perhaps. For getting the best advice, state your playing style :D

(off to bed now)

Here is his stats:

View attachment 96487

EDIT: Actually I think I just found it out, I played him as Poacher in a friendly against FC Dallas, and he had already scored a hat-trick after 15 mins and finished with scoring 4 absolutely amazing goals! I'm pretty sure this is his best role, if you know something better, I would be happy to try it out.

Thanks

Last edited:
What's the best role for Fabregas playing in a 4-4-2 with wingers? He has Marchisio next to him as a ball winning midfielder, Fabregas is currently a box to box midfielder, with all the usual settings like through balls to often, high creativity etc. yet he still performs distinctly average with a rating just above 7. He's also set as my playmaker, feel like he should be doing more.

What's the best role for Fabregas playing in a 4-4-2 with wingers? He has Marchisio next to him as a ball winning midfielder, Fabregas is currently a box to box midfielder, with all the usual settings like through balls to often, high creativity etc. yet he still performs distinctly average with a rating just above 7. He's also set as my playmaker, feel like he should be doing more.

Have you tried him as an advanced playmaker in centre midfield and set him as the playmaker in team instructions?

Thats how I play him and he plays really well, with a 4-2-4 with 2 wingers.

Back