Who Will You Be Supporting?

i put a bet on serbia to get to the final

Personally I can't wait to see the North Korea team, I have never heard of a player from North Korea although I do feel for everybody who lives there XD

kimjongil.jpg

i'd like to see my Danish brothers do well, England to get their arses whopped, Ghana to cause an upset somewhere as i manage them on FM, and Spain to win. Got a lot of Spanish friends and i like the team. But i won't be reduced to tears if none of this happens (well, if England win i may start crying).

England of course. :)

I find it amusing when people 'support' English club teams yet still want the national team to fail. ^^)

England. Obviously. Agree with Bill's comment.

Chile, and Argentina (Only if Chile is knocked out and Argentina is not).

im english but i live in scotland, and when ever the world cup gets mentioned its always,
"you have no chance of winning be serious"

my response is always "tell me when scotland get to the world cup"

but yeah like JP said, the scots will be supporting everyone apart from England

Easily Chile. Beautiful attacking football, and a truly unorthodox tactic.

Wales aren't competing (for those who didn't know) so my second country will naturally be England. It's their time to prove they can do it. But I doubt they will. <)

I love the people in this thread who support an English club but don't want them to do well in the World Cup.

Just find it hypocritical. Clubs certainly do represent their countries, particularly in European Competitions like the Champions League. So when a foreign person supports an English club like Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U but wants England to do poorly, it's absolutely pathetic and quite contradictory.

Just find it hypocritical. Clubs certainly do represent their countries, particularly in European Competitions like the Champions League. So when a foreign person supports an English club like Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U but wants England to do poorly, it's absolutely pathetic and quite contradictory.

Not really, to take myself as an example, in Man U's strongest XI theres probs 2 Englishman and only 1 plays for England, hardly representative of England.

EDIT:

Also like to add I like the EPL but I dont like certain teams and DONT want them to win, does that mean I cant like the EPL?

Last edited:
Not really, to take myself as an example, in Man U's strongest XI theres probs 2 Englishman and only 1 plays for England, hardly representative of England.

Sounds like you're suggesting people support a team for the players in the starting line-up and not for the community/values that the club is based on.

I love Argentina and Holland, would love to see one of them win it. Like Lee said though, An enjoyable tournie and I will be happy.