XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 (Whole Season Unbeaten)

Bring it up and i will try with IFK Goteborg in swedish division 1!!

8-|

What do you use for Game Philosophy and Mentality (think they are called that). I'm currently unbeaten apart from one CL loss and have been using Very Fluid and Control. But I have won/drawn games where the other team has enjoyed more possesion and chances, perhaps in such situations I would need to change these settings ?

I also have increased closing down and short passes.

hello m8 nice tactics's was wondering if there was any chance you can produce a 4222 formation.. also where can i find your 4231 tactic .. thanks m8

What do you use for Game Philosophy and Mentality (think they are called that). I'm currently unbeaten apart from one CL loss and have been using Very Fluid and Control. But I have won/drawn games where the other team has enjoyed more possesion and chances, perhaps in such situations I would need to change these settings ?

I also have increased closing down and short passes.

I wouldn't advise changing anything because I wouldn't know what effect it would have sorry

I wouldn't advise changing anything because I wouldn't know what effect it would have sorry

Ok mate, but what do you have set for yours ... just standard on both ? Also where can I change the tactics so that I get the classic view. I can only set up your formations with the new system.

Ok mate, but what do you have set for yours ... just standard on both ? Also where can I change the tactics so that I get the classic view. I can only set up your formations with the new system.

Hit the player instruction or team instruction tab.

Hi there,

I hope you dont mind, but your tactic has been picked together with other great tactics for My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!
Good luck!
wink.gif

This tactic is gold mate...
I won the french Ligue 2 with Nantes and now i'm 5th in french Ligue 1 after 10 games.
Probably the best tactic for fm 2012 so far.

This tactic is gold mate...
I won the french Ligue 2 with Nantes and now i'm 5th in french Ligue 1 after 10 games.
Probably the best tactic for fm 2012 so far.

Glad that you're enjoying it!

I have to say mate, this tactic is wonderful! I remember using yours at one point last year and I was very impressed and this time round it is even better! I haven't played that many games but out of the 7 games I have played so far in the league, I have only lost 2 which were to Tottenham & Liverpool - Bare in mind that I am West Bromwich Albion! These are my results so far:

View attachment 208177 View attachment 208178 View attachment 208179

The highlight is obviously beating Chelsea 3-0 and also beating Man Utd 4-1! The other screenshots show the Man Utd match stats. They obviously should have won considering their talent compared to mine, but it seemed your tactic worked wonders! The other screenshot is just the line ups just to show the difference in quality.

Kudos though mate, It's magnificent!

I have to say mate, this tactic is wonderful! I remember using yours at one point last year and I was very impressed and this time round it is even better! I haven't played that many games but out of the 7 games I have played so far in the league, I have only lost 2 which were to Tottenham & Liverpool - Bare in mind that I am West Bromwich Albion! These are my results so far:

View attachment 208177 View attachment 208178 View attachment 208179

The highlight is obviously beating Chelsea 3-0 and also beating Man Utd 4-1! The other screenshots show the Man Utd match stats. They obviously should have won considering their talent compared to mine, but it seemed your tactic worked wonders! The other screenshot is just the line ups just to show the difference in quality.

Kudos though mate, It's magnificent!

Thanks! On this tactic (and my others), I've noticed that half of the time when the opposition get CCC's they don't score. Probably something to do with the type of ccc they get from the tactic and the game engine. Anyway, glad that you;re enjoying it!

I usually get scored from other team crossing air balls is an issue but mainly i am shocked by how much freely they can cross the ball it is like my back is right there and lets him.

I know my fullbacks are not that much terrible because of his stats but i changed him just in case and the result is the same my DL whoever it is usually cause me to concede goals.

Is this because of any problems with the tactic (your tactic the one you were unbeaten) or is it my DL fault should i look for an even better DL?

Just wanted to come buy and say thank you for doing such a great job on the tactic and sharing it with us.
I haven't used this formation for a couple of years but was my favourite in FM 07 and 08 and you definetly made the right balance between offence and defence with this tactic.
Many tactics released this year have great offensive play but simply leak too much thus making it very hard to beat better teams.
Main reason I like yours is that I no longer see results like 5-3 or 6-3 which was very unrealistic and was very annoying using some other top tactics out there...

Second reason I like it is consistency, before trying yours I thought that it was impossible to have a great season with only 1 tactic and was switching every 8-10 games for a 2-3 games but seeing these results after 21 league games I see that 1 tactic is still possible for long term success.

I tested it with Serbian team Borac Cacak, media prediction 10. , realisticly cosidering team strength 5-8th.
These are my results after 20 league games.: http://imageshack.us/f/440/fkboraccacakfixturesfix.png/ beat Red Star in the next game 2-0 ;)

I must say that I have tested numerous tactics including Fuss's Hough's, Vodu's....and yours definetly preforms best for my team.

Can't wait for next season and some European games against bigger teams to see performance.

Last edited:
I played with West Bromwich and I became 4th in my first season. I played an attacking 4-1-2-2-1 and now I realize that my tactic was very similar to yours, the only difference was the deep lying playmaker. I played with a ballwinning midfielder instead. My best player were Alex Teixeira as AML inside forward and Chris Brunt as AMR winger. They were simply brilliant.