XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 (Whole Season Unbeaten)

They've probably sold him, look in their transfers, who they've sold. He costs about a million at the start, but I'd be willing to pay more for him, he's a beast.

Xenon

Unfortunatly I enjoy using wingers, will you be releasing an updated version for this in the future, after the 4-1-2-1-2?

Steve

Xenon

Unfortunatly I enjoy using wingers, will you be releasing an updated version for this in the future, after the 4-1-2-1-2?

Steve

Probably. Currently I'm doing various testing to see whether certain formations are viable for release to be honest. 4-1-2-1-2 is just one of them. If you've got any requests I'd be happy to see what I can do!

ne thing,this tactic results when playing against better teams? For example, FC Porto vs Real Madrid.

Any info when can we expect that new tweaked version the one that is more efficient? How soon?

I use both of your FM12 tactics and rotate the two.

Lost 4 league games in 2 seasons with Man Utd (vs Liverpool, West Brom, Sunderland, Newcastle).
Currently unbeaten with Real Madrid in the league (lost Super Cup 3-2 to Barca).

Great work.

Any info when can we expect that new tweaked version the one that is more efficient? How soon?

It won't be dramatically better. Needs testing for consistency of course, so it will take some time.

I use both of your FM12 tactics and rotate the two.

Lost 4 league games in 2 seasons with Man Utd (vs Liverpool, West Brom, Sunderland, Newcastle).
Currently unbeaten with Real Madrid in the league (lost Super Cup 3-2 to Barca).

Great work.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Having problems beating the likes of Man City (lost 1-0 twice in Champions League group stages).

They play a narrow 4231, something I've only seen Man City play. Any advice on countering this? Upping the line or playing wider/narrower?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Having problems beating the likes of Man City (lost 1-0 twice in Champions League group stages).

They play a narrow 4231, something I've only seen Man City play. Any advice on countering this? Upping the line or playing wider/narrower?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

It's true that this is a formation only City play. I struggled to be honest v City but with my 4-2-3-1. I've been testing possible formations and seemed to have found one to counteract City's. Just beat Man City 5-0 with my Man Utd team with a 4-4-1-1 formation (same defensive line and DM and CM instructions). This looks like a tactic that seems very releasable since I've beaten Villa 4-1, City 5-0, Kobernhaven 1-0 and Everton 3-0. City was the only home game out of them too. Only used it for 4 games though. The wingers with different instructions, I'm trying to get them as effective going forward as when they are at AMR/L for MR/L since they are closer to the half way line and they track back in a 4-4-1-1 so it helps defensively.

Ratings from last 4 games starting from villa game RM/LM: 8.4/7.4 7.7/9.4 6.9/8.5 8.3/7.3
Seems pretty effective in the wings so far I suppose. Only the 1 performance out of 8 wing performances which is the standard 6.9. I'll keep working on it though. This 4-4-1-1 seems like it could be a very balanced tactic with both attack and defence equally as good.

Last edited:
Is it simply dragging players into a 4-4-1-1 formation, or will you be making additional changes?
I'd be more than happy to test it for you, need something for the big games.

Just to note something - about Man City 4231 narrow tactic - Shakhtar use it as well. On one season it was funny, because they both got to semi final of champions league and both used the same formation (City lost btw)

Just to note something - about Man City 4231 narrow tactic - Shakhtar use it as well. On one season it was funny, because they both got to semi final of champions league and both used the same formation (City lost btw)

Ah I see, cheers for the info. Didn't know as I hadn't played v Shakhtar yet.

Is it simply dragging players into a 4-4-1-1 formation, or will you be making additional changes?
I'd be more than happy to test it for you, need something for the big games.

It's simply dragging back the two wingers from my 4-2-3-1 formation tactic and giving them new player instructions to make them effective at MR/L since the AMR/L instructions most definitely are not. I think I've done that though. The ST and AMC are very good at linking up together in that tactic so it's very encouraging and it gets 8 men (sometimes 9) behind the ball making it difficult to score. Played 6 games testing it with Man Utd and scored 19 and conceded only 2 (and 1 of them was from a headed free kick). Anyway I'm really enjoying playing with the 4-4-1-1 formation so it shouldn't be long before I release it.

Awesome, can't wait for a release, sick and tired of losing 1-0 to City!