If i use two IF's instead of two wingers, it would make the tactic less effective?

If i use two IF's instead of two wingers, it would make the tactic less effective?
I would say "yes, a little bit". But I haven't played with two IF's in combination with the rest of this tactic so I am not 100% sure. I just played a half season with one IF and one W. The W was by far better. But that's just a half season and that doesn't say much'

I have them swapping with little downside, but then i have the wingers to do it as well.

I'm using version one and it works great. What has been tweaked for version 2?

Just plugged in version 2. 10 game win streak. Hmmmm. Both tactics are ****** great :)

Just plugged in version 2. 10 game win streak. Hmmmm. Both tactics are ****** great :)
I like V2 a lot, with these OI's. Thanks a lot for the test. Do you think we need to press the opposition strikers (in OI's)?

Away at San Siro... with v2.

The OIs seem to be a great setup, but I feel as if the opposition strikers are getting some space, no one else. V2 OIs don't have closing down for strikers, v1 had.

View attachment 1047393
Thanks for the screen and info. Do you think we need to close down the opposition strikers? I am in doubt.

Which version is better to use in away games vs big teams ?
The differences of both versions are really minimal. I absolutely suggest to use the pressing OI from V2, with closing down at striker if the opposition strikers are getting too much space. ;)

OPENING POST UPDATE
I will update the OP to make anything a bit clear. Nice game against Chelsea, so much domination but couldn't manage to score, even with two CCC's against zero. But I like these kind of domination matches!

View attachment 155575 View attachment 155574

And a new (more attacking) tactic, IN A MOMENT IN THE OP!

I like V2 a lot, with these OI's. Thanks a lot for the test. Do you think we need to press the opposition strikers (in OI's)?

Thanks for the screen and info. Do you think we need to close down the opposition strikers? I am in doubt.

No, because in watching the games the defence would get dragged about alot. I may be wrong but it has nice balance to it.

I know match engine can **** you up, but I play the same match four times for know if I use closing down on strikers or not.
It's was Wolfsburg against Lyon ( ligue 1, me ) in Champions League, and Wolfsburg,favorite, playing at home.
The first match without closing down I lose 4-1 with 3 goals by Zaza, their Striker. ( I'm in my second season ). I had only 5 shoots, against 17.
The second still without, 2-1. Great attacking mouvement with the two CM(a) but still defensive problem. Goal from Draxler ( awesome one ) and goal from Max Kruse.
The third was a 0-0 with closing down on striker, and it was bad lucky one, I had 4 CCC, 6 HCCC, 17 shoot against only 3 shoot.
And the fourth, I lose 1-0, with closing down, ****** by engine. 2 CCC for me, 0CCC and 0HCCC for them.

I know this can't be considerate as a test, but I have " better results " against big oppositions when closing down OI is activate.

Sorry for my English, I hope it was understanble.

Christian

Im having some issues regarding the 4-3-3 tactic.

-I cant seem to get the strikers involved in the game.. they dont score much and have low ratings. i have 3 options in Rooney, Lukaku and Martial wich obviously are 3 very different players (n though all should suit the Complete forward role ) any tips?

-Attcking wise its more or less a 1 player team. my left winger ( Depay as IF ) is the only player scoring/attacking. The downside is that he NEVER passes even when in good position. any tips?

-Im noticing very very many personal errors such as missed passes, wingers/wingbacks are getting stuck and not bombing forward when they have the chance. any tips?

-The Space behind my defence is ver vournable! oposition striker are played through alone all the time! Thank god De Gea is strong 1 on 1. any tips?

Except for this im leading premier League by 16 Points when 6 games left, im in the quarter final in champions League and in the semi final in the FA cup! So, results are great!

Ive sold Mata, Fellaini, Young, Blind and brought in Lukaku, Stones, Embolo and Renato Sanchez.

Tweaks ive made is changing the CM(s) to Box to Box and CDR from ball playing to CD(d). Also, i play left winger as IF and right winger as winger.

Thanks

in v3 AMR is IF its right?
Yes. But you can change it to Winger or if you want set it vice verse (IF on left and W on right). Whatever you like.

I know match engine can **** you up, but I play the same match four times for know if I use closing down on strikers or not.
It's was Wolfsburg against Lyon ( ligue 1, me ) in Champions League, and Wolfsburg,favorite, playing at home.
The first match without closing down I lose 4-1 with 3 goals by Zaza, their Striker. ( I'm in my second season ). I had only 5 shoots, against 17.
The second still without, 2-1. Great attacking mouvement with the two CM(a) but still defensive problem. Goal from Draxler ( awesome one ) and goal from Max Kruse.
The third was a 0-0 with closing down on striker, and it was bad lucky one, I had 4 CCC, 6 HCCC, 17 shoot against only 3 shoot.
And the fourth, I lose 1-0, with closing down, ****** by engine. 2 CCC for me, 0CCC and 0HCCC for them.

I know this can't be considerate as a test, but I have " better results " against big oppositions when closing down OI is activate.

Sorry for my English, I hope it was understanble.
Thanks a lot. I will do my own test later, but will keep this in my mind. Thank you a lot!

Christian

Im having some issues regarding the 4-3-3 tactic.

-I cant seem to get the strikers involved in the game.. they dont score much and have low ratings. i have 3 options in Rooney, Lukaku and Martial wich obviously are 3 very different players (n though all should suit the Complete forward role ) any tips?

-Attcking wise its more or less a 1 player team. my left winger ( Depay as IF ) is the only player scoring/attacking. The downside is that he NEVER passes even when in good position. any tips?

-Im noticing very very many personal errors such as missed passes, wingers/wingbacks are getting stuck and not bombing forward when they have the chance. any tips?

-The Space behind my defence is ver vournable! oposition striker are played through alone all the time! Thank god De Gea is strong 1 on 1. any tips?

Except for this im leading premier League by 16 Points when 6 games left, im in the quarter final in champions League and in the semi final in the FA cup! So, results are great!

Ive sold Mata, Fellaini, Young, Blind and brought in Lukaku, Stones, Embolo and Renato Sanchez.

Tweaks ive made is changing the CM(s) to Box to Box and CDR from ball playing to CD(d). Also, i play left winger as IF and right winger as winger.

Thanks
Thanks for using this tactic and share your opinions and troubles. Let's see if I can help you out. Well, the Complete Forward does roam a lot and that could work out terribly when a striker doesn't arrive at the right time at the right place. But due to the statistics of your strikers that doesn't seem to be the point. What you can do is try another striker role or you could have a look at your wingers. If they play as a IF it is likely the strikers doesn't got the most chances to score, but the IF's do.

Depay dribbles a lot and shoots a lot from distance, due to his player preferred moves. The only thing that you can do is by reducing the amount of dribbling and shooting by player instruction, or try to teach him these things off. If that doesn't help you have to replace him. In my opinion two wingers work out better, but shouldn't be the problem.

About the missed passes.. the passing settings is most of the time a direct play. Some players have 'play risky passes' and you could turn that off, if these players are the ones you're talking about. In my opinion the wingbacks do have the role that works the best in FM this year and there is nothing you can do about it. You can buy the best backs in the world and that should be helping you out, but I don't know if that is realistic. You could have a look at the Player instructions and fink logical. Maybe it helps a bit.

You play with a high defensive line and if you don't have fast CD with good positioning you are always in trouble. You can set the D-line a bit back, but this makes the spaces from the striker to the CD much bigger. And that is wat you don't want. You can try to set it a bit back and see how that turns out for your striker. You can also have a look at the OI's. Do you close down the opposition strikers? Maybe you can play a few games without the closing down strikers at opposition instructions. But notice that you should buy great CD's.

Ahh, you're playing the V1. If I were you I would go for the V2. Also in this version you can tweak one CM (a) to the Box to Box midfielder you want. The closing down style of the V2 (in combination with the 'new' OI's from the OP) should have a great work out on your squad, I guess. But don't delete the V1, as you have average to good results with it and you can always switch back if needed.

Please let me know about the results. And if you have any questions let me know! Grtz.