GRANDE Wide 41221-The Better Half´s Final Sets

Hey, TBH - I haven't played much of FM11 at all to effectively test the tactic, but I would like to share this result with you. It's the second time that we've beat them 5-0, but the other result was with both teams having a weakened side.
Notice the shots to shots on target ratio, also! So awesome.

0ca028d276a2f6ceed8b5708ae1ba069.png

The tactics I use for this team are: Start off standard, when we get a goal up, slow breakdown, when two goals up go to cautious.

I also start the tactic as overloading attack when away then do the same thing, which is equally as effective (beating Real Madrid 4-1,Valencia 6-2 and Sevilla 6-0.)

Overall so far, this tactic is not only effective, but also very fun and experimental to use. :)

Thats some beating. Its fun the way you and some other users are starting with Overload away. The things is, that if you get the first goal, you silence the home crowd so I guess its a really good way of doing it. This is if you have the team to pull it of with.Dont hesitate to upload a screen of the table etc

I'm in love with this tactic so much its ruining my holiday xD
It's just so fun to use idk why :D

I am going to down load this set and i was wondering which three i would be better using with Rangers.

In the SPL i should be expected to win all the time so which would be better?

Also in Europe where most of the time i am the underdog?

Thanks

I am going to down load this set and i was wondering which three i would be better using with Rangers.

In the SPL i should be expected to win all the time so which would be better?

Also in Europe where most of the time i am the underdog?

Thanks

As you will probably use all the versions, the 3 mentioned in the OP would make the team get as fluid as posiible with all the tactics. In the SPL, teams will initially not play ultra defensive against, especially at their home ground. After a while, most teams will sit much deeper though, playing catious with more men behind the ball and then its perhaps Slow Breakdown that will be your most used starting version

In Europe, I think that Cautious will be your best friebd when on the road and standard at home, possible slow breakdown

Now that the 442 is up, I will continue my Everton save, using the Wide4231 instead

I'm in love with this tactic so much its ruining my holiday xD
It's just so fun to use idk why :D

I decided to use the same set, the Wide 41221, for the rest of the season with Everton. As we now are considered a top team, I am mostly using Overloading Attack and Slow Breakdown, making ingame switches to Counter and Defend, to hit them on the oucnterand score 2,3-0 and then close out the match

can i ask if anyone has had success with a smaller club?...the more i play, and still at best the performances are average...i find it hard to find, let alone sign players with the recommended attributes...i have bought players in, but modest ones really, according to budget and status...my match preps are all fluid, so i guess my new faces have somewhat bedded in...i was optimistic for this season, but play is very hit and miss...goals conceded are more often than not, due to sloppy play rather than good play by the other team, and most annoyingly, players just continually backing off, letting opponents do as they please...my forwards, when they have chances, nearly always hit their shots straight at the keeper...im scratching my head...maybe lesser players just arent good enough for these tactics?

can i ask if anyone has had success with a smaller club?...the more i play, and still at best the performances are average...i find it hard to find, let alone sign players with the recommended attributes...i have bought players in, but modest ones really, according to budget and status...my match preps are all fluid, so i guess my new faces have somewhat bedded in...i was optimistic for this season, but play is very hit and miss...goals conceded are more often than not, due to sloppy play rather than good play by the other team, and most annoyingly, players just continually backing off, letting opponents do as they please...my forwards, when they have chances, nearly always hit their shots straight at the keeper...im scratching my head...maybe lesser players just arent good enough for these tactics?

That was the main reason for me not wanting to provide stats as they have to be put into relation to the level playing at. As for the players, I dont think that they are to poor to play the approach but perhaps its to hard to pick versions/adjust ingame when managing poorer players (as its harder to read the game).

That was the main reason for me not wanting to provide stats as they have to be put into relation to the level playing at. As for the players, I dont think that they are to poor to play the approach but perhaps its to hard to pick versions/adjust ingame when managing poorer players (as its harder to read the game).

thats cool, and i think i understand...it does seem to affect the team, when i change versions esp....im at loss now, as whether to stick it out or not lol...maybe my team need to play something very basic, without changing too much, for them to be effective.

Didn't read the whole thread but, what tactic do you use (not only TBH, but also others using a mid-table team can answer to this one) in tough away games, against likes of ManU, Arsenal etc?

Trying to make a few different approaches myself, but it seems that 3 different approaches isn't enough.

Didn't read the whole thread but, what tactic do you use (not only TBH, but also others using a mid-table team can answer to this one) in tough away games, against likes of ManU, Arsenal etc?

Trying to make a few different approaches myself, but it seems that 3 different approaches isn't enough.
For a starting strategy try Cautious. If you grab a lead and want to hold on and maybe nick another goal switch to Counter. Or if you want to try and keep your lead till the final whistle then switch to Defend would be my advice. All about your reading of the game.

Didn't read the whole thread but, what tactic do you use (not only TBH, but also others using a mid-table team can answer to this one) in tough away games, against likes of ManU, Arsenal etc?Trying to make a few different approaches myself, but it seems that 3 different approaches isn't enough.

Defensive by mentality, balanced in agression , retaining possesion, flooding the midfield by formation and width, taking breathers= Cautious and thats the version I prefer. If I want to step up, punishing the opponent for being too attacking and also showing signs of frustration, the I play on the break, push up and play more direct

Last edited:
Defensive by mentality, balanced in agression , retaining possesion, flooding the midfield by formation and width, taking breathers= Cautious and thats the version I prefer. If I want to step up, punishing the opponent for being too attacking and also showing signs of frustration, the I play on the break, push up and play more direct

Hmm, cautious tactic seems to act like "let the opposition have the ball and never attack yourself", just played away from home against Arsenal with Worcester (premier league media prediction 9th), had 3 shots in the game with cautious, while Arsenal had almost 20.

Hmm, cautious tactic seems to act like "let the opposition have the ball and never attack yourself", just played away from home against Arsenal with Worcester (premier league media prediction 9th), had 3 shots in the game with cautious, while Arsenal had almost 20.

When I play with a middle team, I cant say that those are the normal stats when plaing away to the top 3-4 teams although it can happen in some matches and in thise matchs, we still manage to get a result in 9 out of 10. How did you do in the game

Hi TBH, first time poster. I'm having some success with this set with Aston Villa, but please could you post the key attributes needed for each position, as you have done with your other sets? Would really help me out. Thanks!

Hi TBH, first time poster. I'm having some success with this set with Aston Villa, but please could you post the key attributes needed for each position, as you have done with your other sets? Would really help me out. Thanks!

Done
Also remember that the ppms might be just as important as the stats, especially for the players meant to be staying behind

When I play with a middle team, I cant say that those are the normal stats when plaing away to the top 3-4 teams although it can happen in some matches and in thise matchs, we still manage to get a result in 9 out of 10. How did you do in the game

Lost 4-1, scored my only shot on target, which also was my only CCC.

Lost 4-1, scored my only shot on target, which also was my only CCC.

Shame. Normally, when I see that we simply cant cope with the pressure and the opposition is attacking us, I switch to counter as I se it as my best chance of getting a point

Shame. Normally, when I see that we simply cant cope with the pressure and the opposition is attacking us, I switch to counter as I se it as my best chance of getting a point

Okay, thanks for the advice, will see how it goes.