Is it time to relieve arsene wenger of his duties

as ive said its a shame and i feel sorry for those involved but im not going to stop my day or not post cause of the tradgedy

its not the point of the thread that caused me to say that, it was your ignorant reply to that comment!

ye i understand were in the football section on a football based game forum, and there is a time and a place to bring up such subjects, just think that there may be individuals on here affected by that very incident, and your response could offend people.

there's many more appropriate ways to say what you said!

i still dont agree that Wenger should be sacked, i think your opinion of getting rid of him is similar to the mentality of football in the modern day with managers being viewed as permanent as disposable cameras!! Yes he has been there a **** of a long time, and of late hasn't delivered, but my argument always is, nothing gives Arsenal the right to win trophies, no matter what they have done in the past. Things change, teams have to accept that! And i dont think by changing a manager would bring silverware quicker to the emirates than sticking with Wenger.

loew wud suit arsenals style, with germany he plays fast-attacking football

loew wud suit arsenals style, with germany he plays fast-attacking football

Too high tempo, too counter-attack oriented. Not enough possession or room for technique. They're apples and oranges. Guardiola is the only manager I can think of off the top of my head that has a similar style. He'd be the perfect successor and I hope Arsenal is at least considering the matter.

its not the point of the thread that caused me to say that, it was your ignorant reply to that comment!

ye i understand were in the football section on a football based game forum, and there is a time and a place to bring up such subjects, just think that there may be individuals on here affected by that very incident, and your response could offend people.

there's many more appropriate ways to say what you said!

i still dont agree that Wenger should be sacked, i think your opinion of getting rid of him is similar to the mentality of football in the modern day with managers being viewed as permanent as disposable cameras!! Yes he has been there a **** of a long time, and of late hasn't delivered, but my argument always is, nothing gives Arsenal the right to win trophies, no matter what they have done in the past. Things change, teams have to accept that! And i dont think by changing a manager would bring silverware quicker to the emirates than sticking with Wenger.

oh well dont get your knickers in a twist

oh well dont get your knickers in a twist
or you could just show some more respect

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I think 3000 people die in Africa every day of AIDS...

Anyway, who will succeed Wenger when he retires in a couple of years? Not Low, he's not the right style. I really hope Guardiola does, his style is exactly what Arsenal wants. He said he wanted to go to ManU though. Didn't Wenger say it should be Stojkovic? He only has J-League experience though.
thats wh he has backed, remember wenger didnt have that much experience when he joined

Too high tempo, too counter-attack oriented. Not enough possession or room for technique. They're apples and oranges. Guardiola is the only manager I can think of off the top of my head that has a similar style. He'd be the perfect successor and I hope Arsenal is at least considering the matter.

well at least arsenal would win something under Loew,Guardiola would never leave Barca for Arsenal !!!

thats wh he has backed, remember wenger didnt have that much experience when he joined

Yeah but Arsene had like 10 years of Ligue 1 experience before he joined Arsenal, and at that time they weren't a top 3 club. It's a huge jump to go from only having done a couple seasons in Japan to a top 3 club in probably the world's best league. Maybe he should go to a European club for a couple of years so they can see how he does?

well at least arsenal would win something under Loew,Guardiola would never leave Barca for Arsenal !!!

Than why does he sign 1 year deals every year? Guardiola might want to leave for a new experience, he's already won everything at Barca and it might be good for the club to change managers every few years. Also, if they have a bad season or two he might be asked to leave. Expecations are high there.

Arsene shouldn't be sacked but the squad seem to run out of steam or belief come March onwards.
This season is very reminiscent of 2007 when 4 trophies were lost in a month.
He needs to buy some experience. Old stagers who have won things and can deal with the pressure!!
People like Gallas maybe. I think there is a less than a handful of that squad who have experienced winning a major trophy.
The Arsenal fans I know are divided but are growing restless. They pay top dollar for tickets and see a great brand of footy but no trophies.
I could spend loads taking a really fit bird repeatedly but if I didnt get a **** eventually I would get a bit agitated...

Talksport tonight had Arsenal fans calling for Arsene to finally step down. It was Talksport and they are biased to controversy.

Yeah but Arsene had like 10 years of Ligue 1 experience before he joined Arsenal, and at that time they weren't a top 3 club. It's a huge jump to go from only having done a couple seasons in Japan to a top 3 club in probably the world's best league. Maybe he should go to a European club for a couple of years so they can see how he does?

Than why does he sign 1 year deals every year? Guardiola might want to leave for a new experience, he's already won everything at Barca and it might be good for the club to change managers every few years. Also, if they have a bad season or two he might be asked to leave. Expecations are high there.
pep signs so that the clubs dont have to pay a fortune to rid of him should anything happen, nor does it tie him to an club president he doesnt like

Talksport tonight had Arsenal fans calling for Arsene to finally step down. It was Talksport and they are biased to controversy.

They had those fans calling a while now saying he should go. I still think it's a total knee-jerk reaction. It defies belief. Theres a fine line between fickle fans and the absurd. And more and more are crossing that line

he shouldnt go, but he should think about his approach. The difference between arsenal and barca is that the latter will spend large if needed to address the flaw

They had those fans calling a while now saying he should go. I still think it's a total knee-jerk reaction. It defies belief. Theres a fine line between fickle fans and the absurd. And more and more are crossing that line

Thing is though it is that minority that can start the majority thinking and then a few more will start thinking the same especially if he goes empty handed for another couple of years.

Thing is though it is that minority that can start the majority thinking and then a few more will start thinking the same especially if he goes empty handed for another couple of years.

True. Be such a shame though if he was relieved of his job at some point, or left because of fan pressure. He's such a talented manager, and does deserve something this season.

he shouldnt go, but he should think about his approach. The difference between arsenal and barca is that the latter will spend large if needed to address the flaw

Except Barca haven't addressed their biggest flaw, are more successful domestically in a league that doesn't bare comparing to the PL and sold the one player who gave them a real 'Plan B' in Ibra, while they replaced him with effectively, a better Eto'o.

The problem is largely psychological, and I don't think you can simply buy a leader - it has to come from within for me: someone who cares about the club and will put in 100% every game without fail (Like Wilshere is doing now, but he's 19 and is too young to be our only leader).

I agree with some things about Arsenal, but how many times have we been criticised, have our players been criticised, then turn round and prove everyone wrong? People were saying RvP should be sold because of his injury troubles, but he's been brilliant and will continue to be so long as he's fit & is invaluable for me.

People say Arsenal need a big, strong CB & criticised Koscielny - him and Djourou have formed one of the most solid defensive units in the league this season (We have the 3rd best defensive record, and since plenty of those games were played without one or the other...) Arsenal then go to the Nou Camp and defend brilliantly for 45 minutes in the first half until Messi's goal, then until about 70 mins after we'd lost a player against the best side in the world.

Djourou was excellent today, made a mistake on the first goal but recovered, and Kos wasn't bad either. Arsenal are no longer really getting bullied at set-pieces like at the start of the season, and we've adapted to learn how to beat sides like Stoke, or Wolves that contain us and play long ball.

Everyone says we should get a new GK - Szczesny comes through and does brilliantly after Fabianski also did well but got injured. Almunia comes in and makes some vital saves in Barca, and some vital saves today.

The be all and end all of football isn't just splashing out £30m whenever you get an injury as some fans seem to want Arsene to do. He should be commended for keeping Arsenal consistent in the most competitive league in the world, plus European competition (2 semis, a final, 3 QFs and the KO every time since 2005/6) whilst keeping Arsenal financially stable and resisting big money takeovers.

Man City and Chelsea can spend, but ultimately, it's top managers, not money that wins games and wins trophies - just look at how Chelsea are doing now - they've almost outspent themselves and are gradually beginning to focus more on youth.

Utd are obviously the best example of how spending money can work on a consistent basis. SAF is a top manager and although Utd have made mistakes in the market - Forlan, Kleberson etc., they have got bargains as well.

The side that beat Arsenal today wanted it more - both sides had injury worries, and Utd's defence looks unbeatable at Old Trafford, but question marks remain over them as well - Their away form, for example, or their strength in depth - Are Giggs/Scholes/O'Shea/Brown etc. past it?

Except Barca haven't addressed their biggest flaw, are more successful domestically in a league that doesn't bare comparing to the PL and sold the one player who gave them a real 'Plan B' in Ibra, while they replaced him with effectively, a better Eto'o.

The problem is largely psychological, and I don't think you can simply buy a leader - it has to come from within for me: someone who cares about the club and will put in 100% every game without fail (Like Wilshere is doing now, but he's 19 and is too young to be our only leader).

I agree with some things about Arsenal, but how many times have we been criticised, have our players been criticised, then turn round and prove everyone wrong? People were saying RvP should be sold because of his injury troubles, but he's been brilliant and will continue to be so long as he's fit & is invaluable for me.

People say Arsenal need a big, strong CB & criticised Koscielny - him and Djourou have formed one of the most solid defensive units in the league this season (We have the 3rd best defensive record, and since plenty of those games were played without one or the other...) Arsenal then go to the Nou Camp and defend brilliantly for 45 minutes in the first half until Messi's goal, then until about 70 mins after we'd lost a player against the best side in the world.

Djourou was excellent today, made a mistake on the first goal but recovered, and Kos wasn't bad either. Arsenal are no longer really getting bullied at set-pieces like at the start of the season, and we've adapted to learn how to beat sides like Stoke, or Wolves that contain us and play long ball.

Everyone says we should get a new GK - Szczesny comes through and does brilliantly after Fabianski also did well but got injured. Almunia comes in and makes some vital saves in Barca, and some vital saves today.

The be all and end all of football isn't just splashing out £30m whenever you get an injury as some fans seem to want Arsene to do. He should be commended for keeping Arsenal consistent in the most competitive league in the world, plus European competition (2 semis, a final, 3 QFs and the KO every time since 2005/6) whilst keeping Arsenal financially stable and resisting big money takeovers.

Man City and Chelsea can spend, but ultimately, it's top managers, not money that wins games and wins trophies - just look at how Chelsea are doing now - they've almost outspent themselves and are gradually beginning to focus more on youth.

Utd are obviously the best example of how spending money can work on a consistent basis. SAF is a top manager and although Utd have made mistakes in the market - Forlan, Kleberson etc., they have got bargains as well.

The side that beat Arsenal today wanted it more - both sides had injury worries, and Utd's defence looks unbeatable at Old Trafford, but question marks remain over them as well - Their away form, for example, or their strength in depth - Are Giggs/Scholes/O'Shea/Brown etc. past it?
all that said, you are still too far on one side, and that is reflected in the lack of trophies, we are talking about a signing or two each season, we are talking about a 2 signings total. its easy to say bring a leader from within, how thats worked out in the last 6 years? You dont need to come from within to be a leader, take a look at our current captain

Im not sure you can even say you've answered your critics becuase the same thing has repeated itself, time and time again

He seems irreplacable as Arsenal manager. It would be absolutely absurd to sack him.