Sadly, it's the ME the problem. Too random, i managed to win everything with United in the first season with 107 points in the Premier League, without signings, and the next season only brought 2 good players to add more depth to the squad and had an awful (in comparison) season, good results overall but a lot of inconsistency in the way of playing.
I like your tactic , i'm playing well for about 10 seasons with it. Only change i made was in match preparation , i set it to Def. Positioning . I don't lose game , but there are couple of boring draw's. But i'm sattisfied.

I like your tactic , i'm playing well for about 10 seasons with it. Only change i made was in match preparation , i set it to Def. Positioning . I don't lose game , but there are couple of boring draw's. But i'm sattisfied.

Cool :) Others who have tried setting defensive positioning?

Defensive positioning works great. Ive tried changing middle striker to af attack to beef up attack. I think f9's almost seem to be tripping over each other

Mr L, is the tactic with 3 defensive midfielders coming soon, or you're waiting for 14.3 ?

Good tactic this Mr L, just won Spanish Segunda B first season with only 1 loss.

I think I may have something. Its based on the 442 triple tweak that ended up being updated by both malte and w4nker. Mr L, w4nker and malte is it ok to post with you? Ive tested with man united and rochdale

Last edited:
I think I may have something. Its based on the 442 triple tweak that ended up being updated by both malte and w4nker. Mr L, w4nker and malte is it ok to post with you? Ive tested with man united and rochdale

Sure np :)

Ill post at some point today. I have a 2 yr old to look after today

My strikers don't run with the ball to beat the goalkeeeper..
lot of long shots ...
Everyone got this problem ??

Its hard to see by this tactic. Uses concepts of possession, short passing, control and zonal attacking quite well.

The devil Is in the detail though. The player roles are what makes this tick. Would have loved a more detailed OP to explain just how these player roles were found as its quite impressive in terms of results.

Or was it simply a case of trial and error in testing?

Last edited:
Also, I have just read through this thread and some of the responses are quite frankly laughable. Any tactic needs to be fluid before it can be judged. You judge the tactic from the point it is fluid onwards. Especially the ones that rely upon control and fluidity like this one. The more direct tactics tend to work quicker because the players don't need great understanding to run onto a through ball or hoof ball.
I have played a lot of tactics on this version of FM. I have created a few. There is no point making snap judgements based on a few results at the start of a save.

Hey Mr L there's this 34210 SicSyco tactic, im sure you know it. Do you think you can move the wing backs up one step so they become midfielders and the SS front as a striker so they can fit most clubs better. Because its so hard managing the players with that tactic. Example: Navas (as winger) dosent get to play in Man City, Same with Negredo and Dzeko this they can't play the Shadow striker position at all
Maybe you can Tweak it. i've tried but then, CCCs all gone.

Also, I have just read through this thread and some of the responses are quite frankly laughable. Any tactic needs to be fluid before it can be judged. You judge the tactic from the point it is fluid onwards. Especially the ones that rely upon control and fluidity like this one. The more direct tactics tend to work quicker because the players don't need great understanding to run onto a through ball or hoof ball.
I have played a lot of tactics on this version of FM. I have created a few. There is no point making snap judgements based on a few results at the start of a save.
Agree with that 100%. I use FMC and so no need to be fluid and results are always impressive from the off.

Seen someone on SI forums dismiss a tactic after using it for the first 22 minutes of a match! lol

Its hard to see by this tactic. Uses concepts of possession, short passing, control and zonal attacking quite well.

The devil Is in the detail though. The player roles are what makes this tick. Would have loved a more detailed OP to explain just how these player roles were found as its quite impressive in terms of results.

Or was it simply a case of trial and error in testing?

A mix of logical thinking and trial and error :)

The reason for the striker roles is that I wanted all three of them to do a lot of defensive work as well, in order to balance a three-striker tactic.

Perhaps I could have created a more detailed OP. But I think since the next patch is coming soon, I will wait until I have a tactic for that and make the detailed OP then :)

Last edited:
That's a bug of the False nine role that they always use long shot ?
That they never go to face to face with goal keeper ? :(

W4nker iv done that doh lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk