edit: finished 3rd first season and then won 3 times

Good stuff. Looking at the player stats i'm amazed that the Raumdeuter got that little amount of goals?

Is there a tweaking opportunity here, or did he get a bucket full of assists?

v3 for home matches and v2 for away so he was a winger and i was using v3 from february only...but next season will try v3 for all games home and away

Been using V3 for all games, do we need to use V2 for away games?

That really does not matter too much its really about what formation youre going against when one is not working the other will. Its a preference right now im using V.3

Key things would be to take off retain possession if youre behind to make it more attacking on both tactics.

I dont really change much if im dominating game and losing though. Just team talks. Sometimes its just how FM is lol 1-0 loss because they finished a free kick and my striker ate something bad the night before that hes missed 7 chances! LOL

der-raumdeuter, ive been a user of this website for many years but never commented, but this tactic has really exited me and its a great reflection of the guardiola tactic this year. after reading pep confidential i really think you get his tactical aims that possession for the sake of possession is wasted.

do you have any specific details for which attributes are useful in each position. i seem you wrote a small amount but do you have anymore detail. im a few years into my career as Chelmsford City so certain player choices are not possible.

der-raumdeuter, ive been a user of this website for many years but never commented, but this tactic has really exited me and its a great reflection of the guardiola tactic this year. after reading pep confidential i really think you get his tactical aims that possession for the sake of possession is wasted.

do you have any specific details for which attributes are useful in each position. i seem you wrote a small amount but do you have anymore detail. im a few years into my career as Chelmsford City so certain player choices are not possible.
*Important*
-For Corners/Set pieces DM will take corners from both sides.The fastest CB needs to be the player to stay back so make sure to adjust it upon receiving.
-Best passing/vision CB will play the BPD-X
-SS must have good off the ball movement & Right footed. If hes left footed you need to switch the AM and SS.Then Adjust the PI's accordingly, basically mirror it.
-F9/CF must have good passing and dribbling. As you can see I turned Nouri into a F9.
-Wingers must be quick and need to be able to get to the byline. a only defensive minded player will not be good for this tactic. Although
-Regista must have good vision/passing/long shots/dribbling
-When you are down, I take off retain possession to play a more attacking game.

Well a lot is said there on first post.

I'm sure argenmik wants something like:

Complete Forward
Your main goalscorer. He is given lots of creative freedom, to use his ability where he thinks it’s most needed. This is a complete striker, who will be responsible for several phases of the game. He will drift to the flanks, drop deep and sit in the box, depending on what the situation requires. This role represents Cristiano Ronaldo, but it is fairly obvious you will not find a lot of players like him. Instead just focus on attributes that will allow him to be as complete a striker as possible. As such, he will require both physicalily, some speed and technique. Look for players with good attributes for first touch, finishing, dribbling, passing, technique, composure, off the ball, teamwork, strength and pace/acceleration. In addition it’s a good idea if he’s tall, so he can be an aerial threat. It’s often easier to find players like this than you might think. Good examples are Romelu Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski or Diego Costa.

The great example how to make topic is Arrigo Sacchi 4-4-2 or Carlo Ancelotti tactic.

PS: the extract about complete forward was taken from second link exactly.

Last edited:
I'm sure argenmik wants something like:

Complete Forward
Your main goalscorer. He is given lots of creative freedom, to use his ability where he thinks it’s most needed. This is a complete striker, who will be responsible for several phases of the game. He will drift to the flanks, drop deep and sit in the box, depending on what the situation requires. This role represents Cristiano Ronaldo, but it is fairly obvious you will not find a lot of players like him. Instead just focus on attributes that will allow him to be as complete a striker as possible. As such, he will require both physicalily, some speed and technique. Look for players with good attributes for first touch, finishing, dribbling, passing, technique, composure, off the ball, teamwork, strength and pace/acceleration. In addition it’s a good idea if he’s tall, so he can be an aerial threat. It’s often easier to find players like this than you might think. Good examples are Romelu Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski or Diego Costa.

The great example how to make topic is Arrigo Sacchi 4-4-2 or Carlo Ancelotti tactic.

PS: the extract about complete forward was taken from second link exactly.

Thats exactly what i was looking for. if you cant afford world class players its often difficult to determine which attributes and prefered moves are key for each position.

Thats exactly what i was looking for. if you cant afford world class players its often difficult to determine which attributes and prefered moves are key for each position.

Ill be updating post later today, after some testing V.2 works much better than V.3 if you dont have quality players. Both tactics struggle against 4-1-2-3 formation trying to develop one for that V.3 is not doing the job so I will update more in depth on both tactics later today.

and I am working on V.4 to do well against the (4-1-2-3 & 4-2-3-1) whos width causes the 3 in the back to struggle on counters.

Absolutely love this tactic but just can't seem to get it to work. Not clicking for me unfortunately. Gutted

Working on some changes for lower level teams to have success with, stay tuned =)

Yeah iv noticed lower league teams don't do well with most tactics due to most having poor players with not much skill to the game to peform well on these complex tactics.

Using v.2 with Middlesbrough.
Season 1 - won the Championship with 107 pts
Season 2 - 7th in the Premiership, runner up FA Cup, won League Cup
Season 3 - 3rd Premier, runner up FA Cup and won Europa League

Tottenham and Chelsea always thrash me but hey - who cares - brilliant tactic

I have had some success now against Chelsea and Spurs - they often play a 4-2-3-1 and I get my DM Support to specific man mark the amc. Very potent in attack - 27 games played and 76 goals scored in the league. :D

Using v.2 with Middlesbrough.
Season 1 - won the Championship with 107 pts
Season 2 - 7th in the Premiership, runner up FA Cup, won League Cup
Season 3 - 3rd Premier, runner up FA Cup and won Europa League

Tottenham and Chelsea always thrash me but hey - who cares - brilliant tactic

For an underdog team is better v2 or v3? or both?