Got a 4-0 win over a Blackburn who started with a formation including 2 DMs (they changed it along the game).

I have however been concerned with the number of times teams have been able to break that last line of defence and I'll be experimenting with the backline instructions to see what I can do about this.

Just tried this tactic out, and I have to say. YOU are a genius. Screw Raikan007, JPWoody and everyone else. This guy has produced the best tactic ever. literally the best tactic of all time

hey mate, looks good!

please post team instructions and the two centre mids instructions as well as the Dlf and poacher partnership?

thanks

woops. JUST after I slagged off Raikan he posts.

I got your number now boy! :) hhaha, just kidding!

It came up on the latest threads, just opened it to see what is was about :)

dont stress bud, not that any of us know what we doing when it comes to football manager.......

Yep, passing and movement still looking fantastic. The IFs were still cutting in a lot- the main difference was by focusing the passing wide, it pulled the opponents wide and allowed space for my attacker to move into and exploit.

Just got a 2-0 win over Man City in the Community Shield- had 55% possession and had 3 CCC to their 0 CCC. Once again they didn't play with any width- focused my passing to the flanks. Also, adjusted the defensive line to normal and changed "Counterattack" to YES. My first goal was from a counterattack off their corner. I like to tick the Counterattack box to YES when playing good attacking teams because I have fast pacey wingers and forwards and it's a great opportunity to catch them off guard and get some cheap goals.

Hmmm...that's makes sense, so the IFs have a lot of space to do some damage when the opponents are pulled out wide. Might wanna try this once i'm up against City :D

Yeah, sometimes when i'm desperate to make a lot of goals against big reputation team, i just tick the counter attack button, like when i won 6-1 against Chelsea and 1-7 against City :D

hi proxy, what changes you made if one of your player is get sent off (red card)?

Depend on what player that got sent off. If it's one of my backfour, then i will pull off my BWM and change with another defender and let my AP do damage against the Opp. Don't be afraid that you could get caught by doing this, because the AI will overload you when you are one man down. And this will leave a lot of space for your AP as well as IFs to the damage.

amazing tactic :D

Thanks mate :D
What team did you play with?

Got a 4-0 win over a Blackburn who started with a formation including 2 DMs (they changed it along the game).

I have however been concerned with the number of times teams have been able to break that last line of defence and I'll be experimenting with the backline instructions to see what I can do about this.

Yeah, the backline for now is my main issue tho...especially when dealing with counter attacks. Still trying to find the right instruction for the backline so they can deal with counter a lot better. If you have found the right instruction tho, please share it to me so i can test it at my Wolves and see how it goes :D

Just tried this tactic out, and I have to say. YOU are a genius. Screw Raikan007, JPWoody and everyone else. This guy has produced the best tactic ever. literally the best tactic of all time

LOL

You're being exaggerated mate :D
It's just that my tactic works better on your team :D
What team did you play with anyway?
If you have anything in mind to help me improve the tactic, would be pleased to hear it :D
Thanks anyway for trying my tactic :D

hey mate, looks good!

please post team instructions and the two centre mids instructions as well as the Dlf and poacher partnership?

thanks

What an honor, one of the legendary tactician coming to my thread :D

Here it goes mate :D

The MC partnership

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The striker partnership

Last edited:
What attributes would you consider be the most important for the Deep Lying Forward role?

What attributes would you consider be the most important for the Deep Lying Forward role?

Creativity and passing, and other standard attributes for a good striker. Tho you could find that striker with a great work rate will do the job fine too, just like Doyle in my game. He's delivered many key passes in the 1st season. :D

Creativity and passing, and other standard attributes for a good striker. Tho you could find that striker with a great work rate will do the job fine too, just like Doyle in my game. He's delivered many key passes in the 1st season. :D

Thanks mate.

I'm giving this a go with Newcastle in the first season...

I'm playing Ba in the DLF role, with Gekas as the Poacher.

Hmmm...that's makes sense, so the IFs have a lot of space to do some damage when the opponents are pulled out wide. Might wanna try this once i'm up against City :D

Yeah, sometimes when i'm desperate to make a lot of goals against big reputation team, i just tick the counter attack button, like when i won 6-1 against Chelsea and 1-7 against City :D

Depend on what player that got sent off. If it's one of my backfour, then i will pull off my BWM and change with another defender and let my AP do damage against the Opp. Don't be afraid that you could get caught by doing this, because the AI will overload you when you are one man down. And this will leave a lot of space for your AP as well as IFs to the damage.

What team did you play with?

Yeah, the backline for now is my main issue tho...especially when dealing with counter attacks. Still trying to find the right instruction for the backline so they can deal with counter a lot better. If you have found the right instruction tho, please share it to me so i can test it at my Wolves and see how it goes :D

LOL

You're being exaggerated mate :D
It's just that my tactic works better on your team :D
What team did you play with anyway?
If you have anything in mind to help me improve the tactic, would be pleased to hear it :D
Thanks anyway for trying my tactic :D

What an honor, one of the legendary tactician coming to my thread :D

Here it goes mate :D

The MC partnership

The striker partnership

i see instructions not same in ur tactic

Ok..so let's continue with the results.

The last game i've shown you was the one with Brest. Here are the next games i've played:

6-1 Lens
1-0 Standard Liege
3-1 Nantes
4-1 Valenciennes
4-2 Koln
1-0 Toulouse
3-0 Brest
4-2 Nancy
1-2 Koln ( On holiday )
4-0 Rennais
6-0 Sochaux
3-1 Caen
1-2 Lyon ( very big upset, but the only real lose)
4-1 APOEL
4-1 Lille
5-1 Auxxere
1-0 Standard
4-1 Nice
4-1 Lyon
4-0 Rennes
3-0 Montpellier

So..you're tactic rocks.. Played 21 games, scored 70 and 16 against :)

Good job :D

Would this tactic work with the DLF in the AMC slot and which role would work?

Thanks mate.

I'm giving this a go with Newcastle in the first season...

I'm playing Ba in the DLF role, with Gekas as the Poacher.

Okay mate :D
If you have anything in mind to help me improve the tactic i'll be more than pleased to hear it :D
I'm still working to make the back line to do better when dealing with counter attack tho, there are a few who's still have a problem in this area :D

i see instructions not same in ur tactic

It was taken during a match mate, i tweaked it a little bit, that's why it was different :D

Ok..so let's continue with the results.

The last game i've shown you was the one with Brest. Here are the next games i've played:

6-1 Lens
1-0 Standard Liege
3-1 Nantes
4-1 Valenciennes
4-2 Koln
1-0 Toulouse
3-0 Brest
4-2 Nancy
1-2 Koln ( On holiday )
4-0 Rennais
6-0 Sochaux
3-1 Caen
1-2 Lyon ( very big upset, but the only real lose)
4-1 APOEL
4-1 Lille
5-1 Auxxere
1-0 Standard
4-1 Nice
4-1 Lyon
4-0 Rennes
3-0 Montpellier

So..you're tactic rocks.. Played 21 games, scored 70 and 16 against :)

Good job :D

Whoa...great result you have there mate :D
Do you have a problem with the defense settings?
Thanks for your feedback anyway :D

Would this tactic work with the DLF in the AMC slot and which role would work?

No it's not, i think. Because up until now, the only system which i think could do lots of damage to the opposition defense was a false 9 and a poacher. The false 9 will drag the opposition defensive line when one of the CB mark him tight and it leaves a lot of space for the poacher to exploit. On the other hand, when the AI decide not to mark the false 9, he could do lots of damage with his creativity when he comes deep without any real pressure. Just like IRL, the false 9 system it's a system that is hard to deal with for the backline :D

Doing well with AC Milan but Barca have just killed me! They tore me apart with their counter attacks

Doing well with AC Milan but Barca have just killed me! They tore me apart with their counter attacks

What team talks did you gave to the team before the match?
Against Barca, you should tell your team to calm and relax, don't put any pressure on them :D
I managed to win both games against Barca in the UCL group and i ended up as the group winner, it's just a 1-0 score tho but it's good enough considering who is my opponent :D
Oh, and maybe you could drop the defensive line to play a little bit deeper just like Coupdhaha usually do when facing a good attacking team :D

Last edited:
I won first leg 4-3 but second leg was carnage! I said do for fans

Just like in real life, Barca was absolutely beast when playing in their home LOL
You shouldn't put any pressure to your players when you're up against Barca i think, unless you have a better squad than they are :D

ok thank you - i love the football that the team play, the ADP plays some lovely through balls

I won first leg 4-3 but second leg was carnage! I said do for fans

When I have the advantage from the first game, before the second game starts I always say "Do not get complacent".

Once I have said "Happy" after 4-0 win at home with City against Chelsea. Chelsea banged 4 goals just for 45 minutes, so i used agressive ''i am far from pleased'' and I lost 4-2.

But when I say Do not get complacent in the beginning everything is in order :)