The Big Journey - Klippybo's Journeyman Career

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 42K
images

SEPTEMBER

Wigan Athletic 0
Newcastle United 2 (Gabbiadini 16pen, Sissoko 81)

4 wins out of 4 in the league now. Things are going along nicely. Still to play a big side though.

--

UEFA Europa League Group J

Newcastle United 3 (Myhrmann 2, 31, Fernandez 90)
KV Kortrijk 1 (Troost 16)

I played the backups again and Myhrmann came up trumps again. Thinking of installing him as first choice CF and moving Gabbiadini LW at the moment.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Sissoko 8, Gabbiadini 31, Myhrmann 46)
Blackburn Rovers 0

I mistakenly confused the first half for the 2nd and made 3 subs after 25min here!!!! Hoilett then got taken off injured early in the 2nd half so how we won 3-0 I dont know.

--

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Newcastle United 0
Manchester City 2 (Tevez 97, 105)
AET

A bit harsh as Fernandez had a goal disallowed in extra time to equalise and then they broke away to kill it off.

--

Manchester City 3 (Rodriguez 29, Dzeko 69, Toure 74)
Newcastle United 2 (Gabbiadini 53pen, Sissoko 84)

Although it was a defeat there were encouraging signs. James Rodriguez had a goal disallowed for them late on but we probably deserved a draw. Never mind.

--

SUMMARY

Things are still going along nicely. Sure we lost in the Capital One Cup to Man City and also to them in the league but otherwise it was all good. We are still finding our feet and I admit some of my signings are settling in slower than others however Stones, Myhrmann, Gabbiadini, Zouma, Kramberger and Fernandez have been superb

View attachment 354015

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA SISSOKO
View attachment 354014

Loving the story so far mate :)

A question, how do you get that much money when selling players off, are you simply offering them out for a high price?

Great start to be fair and good work in the transfer market. John Stones always seems to turn into a beast!!

Loving the story so far mate :)

A question, how do you get that much money when selling players off, are you simply offering them out for a high price?

Weiss I offfered out for £30m and got £18m while he was valued at £9m. Cisse I got what I wanted (£15m - he was valued at £8m) and the rest was for their actual value

Caught up again. Crazy transfer window! Good signings and good sales. What you do with Evra? Sitting in your reserves? Keep up the good work.

Caught up again. Crazy transfer window! Good signings and good sales. What you do with Evra? Sitting in your reserves? Keep up the good work.

Yep. He hasnt even made it onto the bench yet. January departure hopefully

images

OCTOBER

FC Twente 2 (Cornelius 27, Joseph-Monrose 66)
Newcastle United 2 (Gabbiadini 12pen, Fernandez 83)

We will take this!!!! Zouma got sent-off very early on and they had a late winner disallowed.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Sissoko 29, Myhrmann 37, 41)
Aston Villa 1 (Benteke 53)

The job was done in the first half as Myhrmann continues to impress.

--

Chelsea 3 (Fletcher 35, 50, 90)

Newcastle United 2 (Myhrmann 23, 53)

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!!! We deserved at least a point but to lose in the manner we did (not forgetting a Mackem scoring a hat-trick against us) was heartbreaking.

--

Newcastle United 5 (Tadic 22, Fernandez 27, 55, 80, Hoilett 50)
FK Zeljeznicar 3 (Assisinho 28, 70, Cassiano 90)

I rate Fernandez on a par with Myhrmann but I play him at AMC so I was delighted with his hat-trick here. Mads failed to score though.

--

Newcastle United 1 (Gabbiadini 65)
Tottenham Hotspur 0

A great win but it came at a price. Paez got sent-off on the stroke of half-time and Myhrmann got injured and is out for 2 months at least.

--

Reading 0

Newcastle United 0

--

SUMMARY

Apart from the Chelsea result this was a very good month. We have all but qualified in Europe and are still challenging for a Champions League place in the league but it is early days yet. Myhrmann's injury is a massive blow so I will have to decide between Fernandez and Gabbiadini to replace him.

I am happy with my first team squad but underneath there is a distinct lack of quality in the U18 side. I will probably try and add some depth to the squad in January but we shall see.
View attachment 354813

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA

View attachment 354812

images

NOVEMBER

FK Zeljeznicar 0
Newcastle United 2 (Vuckic 25, Tadic 55)

This win secures qualification to the knockout rounds.

--

Liverpool 2 (Suarez 23, 67)
Newcastle United 1 (Fernandez 84)

We were 2nd best throughout and only scored minutes after Suarez got sent-off.

--

Leicester City 1 Nugent 11)

Newcastle United 2 (Fernandez 16, Sissoko 85)

Leicester are bottom and gave us a bit of a scare here. We still came out on top though.

--

Newcastle United 4 (Fernandez 30, Sissoko 37, Kramer 40, 44)
Stoke City 1 (Robson-Kanu 54)

A very comfortable win. Just a shame that we couldnt add to it in the 3nd half.

--

Newcastle United 2 (Sissoko 29, Fernandez 66)
Southampton 1 (Johnson 53)

3 wins on the spin in the league now and Fernandez has scored in each of the last 4 games.

--

SUMMARY

Another solid month. We won 4 out of 5 and qualified for the knockout rounds in the Europa League so that is all good. Fernandez seems to score every time he starts and when Myhrmann returns to match fitness I will have a tough decision to make.

Having said that Myhrmann has been with me longer lol

View attachment 355252

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMILIANO FERNANDEZ

View attachment 355251

images

DECEMBER

KV Kortrijk 1 (Dupuis 75)
Newcastle United 2 (Fernandez 73, Zouma 87)

--

Burnley 2 (McCann 16, Vokes 83)

Newcastle United 5 (Sissoko 1, 85, Fernandez 22, 70, Gabbiadini 25)

A very good win this. Fernandez has scored in his last 6 games now! Kramer got injured and is out for 4 months though.

--

West Bromwich Albion 1 (Morrison 72)

Newcastle United 2 (Jones og75, Zouma 87)

A great comeback as we pick up our 5th league win on the trot. They had Olsson sent-off late on and sacked Steve McClaren straight after the game.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Fernandez 1, 79, Gabbiadini 68)
FC Twente 1 (Cornelius 18)

This win secures us top spot in the group. Gabbiadini missed a penalty.

--

Newcastle United 0
Manchester United 0

This game could quite easily have gone either way so I will quite happily take a point.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Hoilett 22, Sissoko 56, 64)
Queens Park Rangers 1 (Zamora 16pen)

A nice comfortable league win and Hoilett scored against his old club.

--

Arsenal 3 (Giroud 5, 73, Chadli 30)
Newcastle United 2 (Fernandez 43, 58)

An entertaining game but ultimately it ended in defeat. When we fought back from 2 goals down I thought we would get a point but it was not to be.

--

Watford 1 (Mellis 57)
Newcastle United 1 (Myhrmann 26)

Schneiderlin and Myhrmann returned here but we were still missing several players so I will reluctantly accept a point.

--

SUMMARY

An excellent month. We only suffered one defeat in 8 games so I cant complain. We are competing for a Champions League place at the minute so that is great. In the Europa League we have been drawn alongside Zenit St. Petersburg and in the FA Cup we will play Leeds United.

I also got a new feeder club in the shape of Greek outfit Iraklis. I have the Greek league loaded up so I may loan them some players.

My quest to add some depth to the squad in the form of youngsters kick started as I have agreed 3 deals for January already.

View attachment 355507

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA
View attachment 355506
Fernandez may have scored 7, Gabbiadini and Sissoko have been amazing Zouma gets an average above 8.00 every game!!!!

images

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
Leeds United 1 (Whitehead 81)
Newcastle United 2 (Kramberger 21, Fernandez 44)

I fielded a largely backup side here and managed to win and we will play Man Utd at home in the next round.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Myhrmann 2, 15, Gabbiadini 20)

Swansea City 1 (Tucudean 31)

I plumped for Myhrmann ahead of Fernandez and was duly rewarded.

--

Norwich City 1 (Doyle 82)
Newcastle United 1 (Zouma 19)

--

FA Cup 4th Round
Newcastle United 1 (Sissoko 29)
Manchester United 1 (Rooney 59)

This was disappointing as we could and should have been 2 or 3 goals ahead at half-time. Its going to be difficult to go through now.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Sissoko 13, 37, Tadic 74)
Wigan Athletic 1 (Bentley 18)

A comfortable win.

--

Blackburn Rovers 1 (Rhodes 6)

Newcastle United 4 (Sissoko 12, 40, Hoilett 33, Zouma 56)

Hoilett scores against another one of his old clubs again while Sissoko's good form continues.

--

SUMMARY

2016 has started off pretty well!!!! We kinda missed a golden opportunity to dump Man Utd out of the cup but other than that I am pretty pleased.

Going into the month I had arranged to sign these 3 youngsters to add a bit of depth for a total of £2.5m.
View attachment 355689View attachment 355691View attachment 355693

Then on deadline day I brought in this fella.

View attachment 355715

Leaving the club was Jake Livermore to Stoke for £3.4m

Finally Mads Myhrmann won the European Golden Boy award!!!!! I like to think it was due to his achievements under me at Aberdeen but obviously Newcastle has raised his profile.

View attachment 355684

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

MOUSSA SISSOKO
View attachment 355682

Last edited:
Solid couple of months mate, good to see Mads winnin Golden Boy too!!

images

FEBRUARY

Aston Villa 1 (Bent 64)
Newcastle United 1 (Myhrmann 62)

Villa are struggling so I hoped to win but hey ho.

--

Newcastle United 3 (Myhrmann 24pen, Schneiderlin 49, Zouma 59)
Manchester City 2 (Ramirez 43, Torres 76pen)

A fantastic result as we beat the Champions. Schneiderlin chose a big game to score his first goal of the season.

--

FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Manchester United 3 (Ayew 55, 77, Nani 99)
Newcastle United 3 (Wootton 14, Fernandez 68, Sissoko 104)
(AET Newcastle United won 4-2 on penalties)

WOW!!!!! The scoreline doesnt tell half the story. Zouma got sent-off for us after only 8min so I took off Cabaye and brought on Wootton who duly scored! They levelled then my next sub, Fernandez, scored. They took it into extra-time and then had Sandro sent-off and they promptly took the lead before we hauled them back!

Then it went to penalties and we held our nerve!!!!!

--

FA Cup 5th Round

Newcastle United 3 (Fernandez 49, 53, Good 83)
Middlesbrough 0

Fernandez missed a penalty for a chance to claim his hat-trick.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
Zenit St. Petersburg 1 (Danny 9)
Newcastle United 3 (Gabbiadini 2pen, 72, Myhrmann 79)

Another big win. Although the fact they had Bruno Alves sent-off in the first minute and missed a penalty obviously helped.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 3 (Myhrmann 12, 34pen, Hoilett 52)
Zenit St. Petersburg 2 (Djordjevic 51, Kerzhakov 89)
(Newcastle United won 6-3 on aggregate)

Zenit had a man sent-off and gave away a penalty again here as they seemed pretty determined to assist our progress.

--

Newcastle United 2 (Gabbiadini 62, Fernandez 73)
Chelsea 2 (Hazard 56, Garmash 79)

We battered them in the first half but couldnt convert and that proved to be costly.

--

SUMMARY

A hugely successful month. We progressed in both cup competitions and maintained our excellent league form. The highlight of the month was definately the cup win over Man Utd!!!!

I am rotating Myhrmann and Fernandez up front. When one doesnt score the other comes in and usually does! Normally I have a striker set for first choice but not in this side.

I am now gunning for a Champions League spot for next season. The title is still a possibility but I think that would be too much to ask for!
View attachment 355932

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MADS MYHRMANN

View attachment 355933

Last edited:

images

(Its been a long time since we have won a cup lol)

MARCH

Newcastle United 1 (Schneiderlin 32)
Reading 0

We had an early goal disallowed but got the win anyway.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg

Newcastle United 2 (Fernandez 22, Gabbiadini 56pen)
Sporting Lisbon 0

We should have won by a lot more but we got the win and thats what matters most.

--

Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Jovetic 15, Walker 22, Bale 39)

Newcastle United 1 (Gabbiadini 20)

We were overdue a league defeat I suppose and Spurs thoroughly deserved their win.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
Sporting Lisbon 1 (Elias 79)
Newcastle United 3 (Hoilett 26, 37, 81)
(Newcastle United won 5-1 on aggregate)

I didnt expect to win this leg so comfortably - not that I am complaining!!!! Hoilett is in fime form at the moment.

--

FA Cup QF

Newcastle United 5 (Wilson 11, 54, Wootton 22, Kramberger 43, Coquelin 60)
Norwich City 3 (Nielsen 16, Jackson 53, Pilkington 76)

I decided to take a risk and rest a few players here with intake players Wilson and Hart making their debuts from the start. Wilson stole the show, scoring 2, assisting 1 and getting the MoM award - all at the age of 15!!!!

Needless to say Wilson has become the clubs youngest ever player and goalscorer.

--

Newcastle United 2 (Hoilett 5, Zouma 42)
Liverpool 0

We leapfrog Liverpool here into 3rd position. Cabaye had a goal disallowed and Wilson came off the bench to become the Premier League's youngest ever player.

--

Stoke City 1 (Alar 3)
Newcastle United 2 (Myhrmann 21, Schneiderlin 60)

Juan Kramer finally returned from injury here - coming off the bench to replace his understudy Hoilett.

--

UEFA Europa League QF 1st Leg

Newcastle United 3 (Zouma 45, Myhrmann 49, Hoilett 72)
Atletico Madrid 2 (Mattheus 36pen, Chamakh 77)

Atletico are arguably the strongest team left in the competition so this was a great win. The 2 away goals is a worry though.

--

SUMMARY

My favourite month lived up to my expectations!!!! We negotiated our way through all our cup games and did reasonably well in the league ones and in the youth intake we got ourselves a superstar in the making............
View attachment 356071
GAVIN WILSON

As you will see above he made quite a splash on his debut and he has gone straight into my first team squad as 3rd choice striker.

The run-in to this season is going to be epic as there are 5 teams challenging for 3rd and 4th place - not including the top 2!!!!

View attachment 356080

Finally I noticed just as I was about to post this - Bielsa has left Athletic Bilbao again...............

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

JUNIOR HOILETT
View attachment 356083

Go Bilbao man, it is your rightful place... ;)

Back