What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

Can someone just post something telling people how to understand it. For example
-Poacher= Need good stats such as finishing. An example of this is owen.

Something like that. So people can have a go for themselves. I would do it but I don't fully understand it.

Recently finished my third season, finished 4th. Started off alright but then my team's performances just dropped, so now im considering changing formation or maybe I just need to alter the player roles.

Heres my team:

attachment.php
wade:

your team is too attacking.

1) play mascherano along side gerrard, set him to ballwinning midfielder/defend.

2) set torres to complete forward attack, acquafresca to deep lying forward/support

3)if you still struggling, pull you wingers back to ML and MR and set them to winger/attack

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

what the best role for rooney
depends on who you partner him with, can be advanced forward, complete forward or deep lying forward. i play him as a complete forward attack along side a deep lying forward/support. got me 47 goals in 44 games

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

What is the best role for David Silva?
advanced playmaker either amc or amr, can be trained at amr to be a devastating inside forward, but make sure you have a good right full back and set him to wing back/auto to keep width

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Can someone just post something telling people how to understand it. For example
-Poacher= Need good stats such as finishing. An example of this is owen.

Something like that. So people can have a go for themselves. I would do it but I don't fully understand it.
http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/tactics-ebooks/tactical-theorems-10/

this will help you a lot undertsand the game and where to play players. also check you squad tactics screen, it highlights which attribute are needed for that particular role

What is the best roles for a 3-man midfield with 2 MC and 1 DMC? Tried a Defensive Midfielder/Support plus 2 Advanced Playmakers/Support but they concede too many... have Veloso, Hamsik, Gourcuff, Vukcevic, Busquets and Moussa Sissoko for these three roles.

If u concede too much try playing DMC as Anchor Man/Defend and two Box to Box MCs/support.

i am piacenza manager and i am intreseted in what role should i play Guzman ?...?

Playing as Notts County with a 442 narrow diamond formation.
Lee hughes and Febian Brandy upfront.
What role is Lee Hughes suited to? I can't seem to get him playing well.

hi i am playin a 442 formation and have bought guiseppi rossi and defoe for 15 mill and 11 mill respectivley i just cant seem to get who ever plays up front with rooney to score i play rooney as a supporting complete striker, i would post a pic of my tactics but dont know how thanks

hi i am playin a 442 formation and have bought guiseppi rossi and defoe for 15 mill and 11 mill respectivley i just cant seem to get who ever plays up front with rooney to score i play rooney as a supporting complete striker, i would post a pic of my tactics but dont know how thanks
Play Rooney as an attacking Complete Striker and who ever plays up front with him as a poacher.

Should i train Torres to place shots or round the keeper or what? 7/10 times when one on one keepers, he failed to score =(

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with my team.

hey Wade,, currently i'm using the same formation as you are..(using Man City) and it works perfectly as i've trashed Man Utd 5-1
if i may suggest,, then use acquafresca as target man, torres advance forward, both attack
set gerrard as advance playmaker attack and use mascherano instead of vukcevik, and set him as ball winning midfielder defend
for both of winger,, i used the as winger attack.

hope it'll work well with you.

I have Matuidi in CM, what role would you suggest for him, and also my CB Simunek? thanks

What should I give Andy Carroll as a lone striker?

I need some instructions for my strikers!!!

Full backs-supp
Central defenders-def
Defensive midefield-supp
Winger left-att
Advance playmaker- att
Winger right-att
LF-poacher
RF-target man

View attachment 18310

What role should I play Louis Fabiano? Ive got Kanoute, Arouna Kone, and Alvaro Negredo to play him with ?

What should I give Andy Carroll as a lone striker?
Lone strikers should be either Target men or Complete forwards with attack mentalities.You might get away with Advanced forward for carroll though as i dont think he fits the bill to be a TM or CF.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

What role should I play Louis Fabiano? Ive got Kanoute, Arouna Kone, and Alvaro Negredo to play him with ?
Definetly a Poacher.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

What's best role for Shelvey
Attacking midfielder.

Best role for Kakuta in the 1st season? At January with QPR and bought him for £1.5m from Chelsea. Not sure whether to play him ACM or AML/ML and with what roles. Cheers