Worldwide Trophy Hunt

• Thread starter Thread starter JCMUtdfan1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 45K
View attachment 251938
World Cup 2014

Again I thought i'd do something about the major tournaments and this one was slightly more interesting than Euro 2012 :P I'll start with the home nations lol. Ireland narrowly missed out again on progressing to the knockout stages, finishing one point behind Chile in a group topped by Jamaica. England finished second in their group behind Russia on goal difference and progressed to the semi finals beating Brazil on the way! They were beaten in the semi-finals by Argentina 2-0 and lost the 3rd place play-off to Ukraine.

View attachment 251939View attachment 251940View attachment 251941View attachment 251942View attachment 251943View attachment 251944View attachment 251945

The final was between Argentina and surprise package Russia who had a relatively easy run to the final playing the Czech Republic, the USA and Ukraine in the knockout rounds. However wen up against superior opposition in the form of Argentina they were torn apart, losing 4-0 and without a goal from Messi surprisingly who played well throughout the tournament.

View attachment 251946View attachment 251947View attachment 251948View attachment 251949View attachment 251950

Another dark horse in the tournament Ukraine did surprisingly well, bagging third place after beating England in the play-off and a few of their players picking up awards at the end of the tournament.

Last edited:
View attachment 252387
Conroy Joins Bayern!

After only one season in charge, Jordan Conroy has left Inter Milan to join Bayern Munich. The managerial hotshot is only in his fourth season of his career but has now joined his third club. The Inter fans are devastated at the news and cannot believe that Conroy would leave one year into his five year contract. They feel that Conroy has betrayed them, even after having such a successful season. It seems that Mancini was correct in his prediction, that if Conroy won all that he could at Inter, he would look for a new challenge. Conroy has taken over an ageing squad at Inter that is renowned for having incredibly hard to manage individuals which will be a real test of his managerial ability. Surely the only step up from managing top clubs is national management. After the World Cup there will be some teams who are looking for a change of coach, and I'm sure that Conroy will be chomping at the bit to add to his CV with a couple of international tournaments.

View attachment 252445
Conroy Takes England Job!

Only two weeks into his Bayern Munich career, Jordan Conroy has taken his fourth job of his career as his country comes calling. After England's best performance at the World Cup since Italia 90, Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager. England were beaten in the semi-finals 2-0 by the eventual winners Argentina. We caught up with Conroy after his appointment "I'm thrilled to bits to be able to say I'm England manager. It's something that I've dreamed about since I was a kid and I believe I can take this country to glory". Conroy's first game in charge will be against World Cup finalists Russia which will be a tough test for England. Conroy's first task will be to qualify for the 2016 European Championships and are in a group with Latvia, Denmark, Armenia and Ireland. England will be expected to top the group and then reach at least the quater finals of the tournament. Conroy has dealt with the pressure of management at club level but can he handle the weight as a nation expects?

View attachment 252510
Conroy wins yet another trophy!

Jordan Conroy's first two months in charge of Bayern have been successful and has held another trophy in his hands, this time the German Super Cup. They beat last years Bundesliga and German Cup winners Bayer Leverkusen 3-1, with new signing Erick Torres scoring, to claim an easy victory. The pre-season had been impressive and ended with an incredible 12-0 victory over lowly Haltern. Also in August, Bayern have won three out of three league games and progressed through the first round of the German Cup. Bayern have been given what could be seen as a tricky group by some with games against Liverpool and a difficult away game against Sparta Prague but I think Conroy will be pleased with how the group has turned out.

Transfers In
Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moscow £8.75m
Sergio Romero - Sampdoria £8.5
Erick Torres - Chivas £10m
Zlatan Imbrahimovic - Free
Carazinho - £775K

Transfers Out
Landon Donovan - Olympique Lyonnais £4.2m
Dale Jennings - QPR Free
Luiz Gustavo - Malaga £7.5m
Oliver Markoutz - Barcelona £10m

View attachment 252512

Champions League Group H Draw
FC Bayern Munich
Liverpool
Sparta Prague
Olympiakos

Pre Season + August

View attachment 252514

Season Aims
Win the Bundesliga
Maybe win the German Cup, at least get to the semis
Get to the semi finals of the Champions League
Stay undefeated in the European Championship qualifiers

I made a few signings before this season, with the ageing squad I have I thought I would need to brign in some players to help with rotation. Also I thought I needed another good finisher so I brought in Torres from Chivas and as Ibrahimovic was on a free and didn't want high wages I thought I'd sign him. I was glad to win the Super Cup as we lost to Leverkusen in a friendly earlier on and I thought it would be a much harder game than it was. The 12-0 win against Haltern was a personal highlight as it was the first time I won a game scoring double figures :P

Friendly
Bayern Munich 3 vs. 1 Sporting Lisbon
Schweinsteiger(22), Alaba(40), Gomez(50) MOM Alaba 8.4

Bayer Leverkusen 3 vs. 2 Bayern Munich
Muller(55), Alaba(61) MOM Augusto(Bayer Leverkusen) 8.0

Bayern Munich 3 vs. 1 Valencia
Ibrahimovic(13), Diaby(62), Muller(90) MOM Banega(Valencia) 8.3

German Super Cup
Bayern Leverkusen 1 vs. 3 Bayern Munich
Alaba(38), Torres(54), OG(90+2) MOM Alaba 8.4

Beijing 0 vs. 3 Bayern Munich
Mensah(28), Schweinsteiger(78), Muller(81) MOM Mensah 8.7

Bayern Munich 12 vs. 0 Haltern
Gomez(14, 15, 37), Mensah(25, 33, 71), Ribery(36), Dzagoev(57, 84), Muller(59, 85), Petersen(65) MOM Mensah 9.8

Bundesliga
Bayern Munich 3 vs. 1 Mainz
Gomez(28), Mensah(70), Schweinsteiger(pen 78) MOM Schweinsteiger 8.5

German Cup First Round
Ahlen 0 vs. 4 Bayern Munich
Torres(5, 37, 84), Diaby(79) MOM Torres 9.6

Bayer Leverkusen 1 vs. 3 Bayern Munich
Mensah(14), Muller(26), Ribery(FK 89) MOM Ribery 9.0

Bayern Munich 1 vs. 0 Schalke
Torres(90+3) MOM Breno 7.6

England

Friendly
Russia 1 vs. 1 England
A. Johnson(8) MOM Carrick 9.0

Game of the month
Bayern Munich 12 vs. 0 Haltern
Like I said, first game with double figures :P

Player of the Month
Johnathan Mensah

View attachment 252511

League Table - 1st September

View attachment 252513

View attachment 252899
Bayern Unbeaten Under Conroy

Conroy is looking to bag his fourth league title in four seasons after two Premier Leagues with United and a Serie A with Inter. He is well on his way to doing that, only dropping points away to Wolfsburg but winning all his other league games, plus two impressive wins in the Champions League. Bayern Munich look a force to be reckoned with in teh Bundesliga and are favourites to win it but the Champions League will be a test of what Conroy can really do with this team. It's safe to say in the year he won it with United, he had easy draws all the way to the final which wasn't the hardest opposition to face. That showed in the season after where they were humbled by Barcelona at the Nou Camp and Conroy will be desperate to claim his second Champions League. Last season Inter weren't in the Champions League but Conroy showed his European pedigree by winning the Europa League. He will be itching to add to his European collection with a win with Bayern.

View attachment 252903

September

Another good month for Bayern and England with convincing wins for each team. The game against Wolfsburg I rotated too many players but it was two days after the previous match so I had to do something or the team wouldn't last 90 minutes. We scored a lot of goals which is good but the game against Gladbach we could have scored a hat-full but their keeper was inspired, I was surprised he wasn't man of the match. Liverpool next in the Champions League which should be an interesting game; we'll see how we do against a good Champions League team

Wolfsburg 1 vs. 1 Bayern Munich
Schweinsteiger(45) MOM Kjaer(Wolfsubrg) 8.0

Bayern Munich 5 vs. 1 Kaiserslautern
Mensah(15), Milevskyi(20, 35), Alaba(26, 48) MOM Alaba 9.3

Olympiakos 1 vs. 5 Bayern Munich
Badstuber(25), Ibrahimovic(33, 35), Schweinsteiger(41), Dzagoev(84), MOM Ibrahimovc 8.8

Nurnberg 2 vs. 5 Bayern Munich
Gomez(17, 59, 90+2), Ribery(34, 37) MOM Gomez 9.6

Bayern Munich 2 vs. 1 Gladbach
Gomez(58), Badstuber(73) MOM Romero 8.2

Bayern Munich 4 vs. 1 Sparta Prague
Petersen(7, 21), Badstuber(33, 45+1) MOM Badstuber 9.3

England

England 5 vs. 2 Saudi Arabia
Rooney(7, 28, pen 43), A. Johnson(34), Smalling(67) MOM Rooney 9.4

Game of the month
Olympiakos 1 vs. 5 Bayern Munich

A great win away in Europe with plenty of goals.

Player of the Month

View attachment 252904
Franck Ribery - Popped up with a few important goals and assists this month and was unlucky not to get a MOM.

View attachment 252905

Forgot to check up recently and I have missed a lot! Better back track now! lol

Yeah a lot has happened lol, and I'm sure you'll be glad to read that I've left United :P

I think you should have stayed at Inter for one more season, maybe win the chmapions league with them, but what is done cannot be undone.
Maybe you should take a smaller club and work your way up as only such a challenge would befit your managerial skills :P

I don't know, the Inter squad was ageing quite badly and I only just won the Europa League that season. Also I may go into that after going to a few more countries, I was thinking of doing the San Marino challenge when FM13 comes out as well lol.

View attachment 253579
Bayern 3 for 3 in Champions League

Bayern Munich's win over Liverpool sees them top the group with three wins out of three, with Liverpool to play at Anfield in November. Liverpool have proven to be a tough test, having changed most of their line up since Conroy first entered management in 2011. In other cup competitions Bayern got through the second round of the German Cup, even though they went behind twice to two contentious penalties. People sometimes forget that Conroy is also in charge of England who started their Euro 2016 qualifying this month. Conroy oversaw two 3-0 wins, away to Denamrk and home to Latvia. A positive start for Conroy's England reign and if they keep up this form in the qualifying they should qualify for the tournament with ease.

October

We just squeezed through a few games this month :S 1-0 against Cottbus was close and the Liverpool game wasn't certain. The Hoffenheim game was a joke, they got two soft penalties to go 1-0 and 2-1 up, thankfully Torres got his second hattrick of the tournament to see us through. Also for England the 3-0 win over Denamrk was a lot more nervy than the score-line suggests, for the first 20 minutes Denmark dominated but got a player sent off. Even after that it took us a while to take control of the game. We've been drawn against Dortmund in the cup which might be a difficult game but I've got them next in the league so I can judge from that. Also in the England-Latvia game Lennon scored a goal from round about the half way line after the keeper's clearance fell to him and he hit it first time on the volley over him and into the goal!

Cottbus 0 vs. 1 Bayern Munich
Alaba(39) MOM Alaba 9.0

Bayern Munich 2 vs. 0 1860 Munchen
Muller(10, 20) MOM Muller 9.1

Champions League Group H
Bayern Munich 2 vs. 1 Liverpool
Ribery(28), Torres(39) MOM Torres 7.7

Koln 1 vs. 3 Bayern Munich
Gomez(58, 90+4), Muller(77) MOM Gomez 8.8

German Cup Second Round
Hoffenheim 2 vs. 4 Bayern Munich
Torres(14, 56, 68), Muller(33) MOM Torres 9.6

England

Denamrk 0 vs. 3 England
Rooney(44, 79), Lennon(83) MOM Rooney 8.8

England 3 vs. 0 Latvia
Lennon(2), Young(19), Sturridge(63) MOM Lennon 8.7

Game of the month
Bayern Munich 2 vs. 1 Liverpool
Good result against a good team, hopefully we can do the same at Anfield!

Player of the month

View attachment 253590

Erick Torres - Scored a few important goals this month and won a couple of MOM awards with great ratings.​

Last edited:
View attachment 254519
Conroy Disgraces England

England manager Jordan Conroy has disgraces his nation with an appalling 6-2 loss at Wembley against the Czech Republic. England haven't been this embarrassed since the 4-1 defeat against the Germans and Jordan didn't do himself any favours by losing 1-0 to Spain shortly after. Even with two wins out of two in the qualifying, questions are being asked about the suitability of Conroy for the job. He is going to have to top the group and do well in Euro 2016 to win back the England fans. Luckily for Bayern Munich the pressure from the England job hasn't affected his performance, despite a 4-1 loss at Anfield. They have qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League with a game to spare and are leading the rest of the Bundesliga by 7 points. Next month we will see who they face in the Champions League and they will try to extend their lead at the top of the table

View attachment 254544

November

I have literally no idea how we managed to lose 6-2 to the Czech Republic. We were embarrassing, our defence was shocking, the midfield couldn't get hold of the ball and the strikers couldn't hit a cow's **** with a banjo. The game against Spain was slightly better though as expected they dominated the game. Rooney should have scored at least one and if we got a draw then it would have made the month slightly more tolerable. Bayern are still playing well but I badly misjudged the Liverpool game, we went 1-0 down and we equalised but instead of holding for a draw which would see us virtually guarantee first spot, I pushed for a winner and got punished badly. Also the 1-1 draw against HSV was annoying as they're in second place and a win would have seen us go 10 points clear. The thing is there always seem to concede stupid goals. For example the HSV game we got to 81 minutes until Mensah made a mistake and gave them a goal. Whether it be a poor backpass, a defender losing the ball by himself or the keeper spilling the ball, we always seem to conceded which I'm going to need to fix for the latter rounds of the Champions League :S

Bayern Munich 3 vs. 0 Dortmund
Ribery(19), Gomez(29), Torres(46) MOM Torres 9.0

Champions League Group H
Liverpool 4 vs. 1 Bayern Munich
Muller(61) MOM Damiao (Liverpool) 9.5

Werder Bremen 2 vs. 4 Bayern Munich
RIbery(5, 39), Muller(45+2), Gomez(84) MOM Ribery 8.9

Bayern Munich 4 vs. 1 Hoffenheim
OG(35), Gomez(40, 43), Kroos(66) MOM Gomez 9.3

Champions League Group H
Bayern Munich 4 vs. 0 Olympiakos
Alaba(31, 33), Schweinsteiger(40), Torres(69) MOM Alaba 8.9

HSV 1 vs. 1 Bayern Munich
Mensah(85) MOM Mensah 7.6

England

England 2 vs. 6 Czech Republic
Chamberlain(45), Rooney(83) MOM Dockal (Czech Rep) 9.5

Spain 1 vs. 0 England
MOM Llorente (Spain) 7.9

Game of the month
Bayern Munich 3 vs. 0 Dortmund

A great win, I was expecting at least a couple of goals from Dortmund with the players they've got, plus they signed Tevez from City on a free in the summer.

Player of the Month
Mario Gomez - always plays well and has popped up with a few good goals this month.

View attachment 254547

League Table
View attachment 254548

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated for a while but it will probably be another day at least until I do :S I've had loads of stuff to do recently but I'll try and get on and get another month done soon :)

View attachment 256795
Bayern Top Champions League Group After Miracle In Greece

Due to an improbable result in Greece where Olympiakos drew 1-1 with Liverpool, Conroy's Bayern ended up top of their Champions League group, two points ahead of Liverpool. Perhaps due to this 'flukey' achievement, Bayern have been handed the toughest draw from the runners-up, Manchester City. It will be interesting to see how Conroy approaches the game as Bayern conceded four goals away to Liverpool and he may look to a more defensive formation to see them through. Domestically, Bayern are dominating in the league and have beaten rivals Bourissia Dortmund 4-1 in the German Cup. With both domestic competitions already over in some people's eyes, will Conroy focus his attention on Europe?
December

Champions League Round of 16 Draw
Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich

German Cup Quarter Final Draw
Bayern Munich vs. Nurnberg
View attachment 256796

I'm really annoyed about that Champions League draw. City were by far the strongest side there and it's just my luck that I narrowly claim top spot then have to play City in the next round. Hopefully I can grab an away goal in the first leg and make it easier in the second leg. Anway domestically things are going fine, another convincing win against Dortmund in the Cup has given us a great chance of winning it and I'm nine points clear at the top of the table where we don't ever look like dropping points.

Bayern 1 vs. 0 Stuttgart
Badstuber(61) MOM Badstuber 8.5

Champions League Group H
Sparta Prague 0 vs. 2 Bayern
Torres(90, 90+3) MOM Torres 8.7

Frieburg 1 vs. 0 Bayern
Gomez(45+1) MOM Ribery 8.2

Bayern 1 vs. 0 Hannover
Petersen(19) MOM Mensah 7.8

German Cup Third Round
Bayern 4 vs. 1 Dortmund
Muller(20), Gomez(26, 44), Torres(86) MOM Torres 9.0

Friendly
GF38 0 vs. 2
Diaby(83), Torres(88) MOM Rafinha 8.3

Game of the month
Bayern 4 vs. 1 Dortmund

A great win against tough opposition, gives is a good chance of adding another trophy to my collection.

Player of the Month
Manuel Neuer - I was tempted to give this to Erick Torres as he's playd really well this month but with only one goal conceded in six games, it has to go to Neuer

View attachment 256797

League Table
View attachment 256806

Last edited:
View attachment 256947
Bayern Through To German Cup Semi Final

Bayern Munich are through to the semi-finals of the German Cup after beating Nurnberg 4-1 on penalties, drawing 1-1 beforehand. In competitive games this month, Bayern have struggled losing thier first league game 3-1 away to Mainz and narrowly beating Bayer Leverkusen either side of the 1-1 draw against Nurnberg. If Bayern are going to succeed outside of Germany this year they're going to have to up their game and stop conceding goals like they have been. Bayern have ben given a kind draw in the German Cup, playing a Division 2 side so they should progress to the final.

German Cup Semi Final Draw
Karlsruhe vs. Bayern Munich

Transfers In
Garay - Benfica £4m

Transfers Out

Breno - Besiktas £3m
Stolz - Released on free

View attachment 256948

January

It was quite weird playing friendlies in the majority of January rather than competitive matches, makes you wonder why they bother with a winter break if they're just going to carry on playing. The friendlies went well but I don't know what happened in the competitive matches. we played terribly against Mainz and deserved to lose that, then I rested quite a few players against Nurnberg as the Leverkusen game was two days after but we couldn't seem to manage. I bought Garay from Benfica as I thought I needed another good centre defender to use as cover but the two games I used to break him in, we played terribly. The Bayer Leverkusen game we went 2-0 up early on but Gomez got injured on 35 minutes and they scored immediately after! They got another goal just before half time and thankfully we got an injury time winner to keep the pressure on Wolfsburg who lost so the lead at the top is still nine points going into February.

Nimes Olympique 1 vs. 3 Bayern
Breno(12), Petersen(43, 68) MOM Petersen 8.8

EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael 1 vs. 2 Bayern
Milevskyi(27), Alaba(41) MOM Milevskyi 7.7

Braunschweig 0 vs. 5 Bayern
Muller(4), Breno(26), OG(44), Petersen(82), Alaba(89) MOM Alaba 9.4

Boca Juniors 2 vs. 7 Bayern
Jali(19), Gomez(21, 29), OG(33, 49), Muller(39, 72) MOM Muller 9.4

Bundesliga
Mainz 3 vs. 1 Bayern
Muller(1) MOM Ujah (Mainz) 8.7

German Cup Quarter Final
Bayern 1 vs. 1 Nurnberg
Diaby(20) MOM Schafer (Nurnberg) 9.2
(Bayern win 4-1 on penalties)

Bayern 3 vs. 2 Bayer Leverkusen
Gomez(7, 16), Milevskyi(90+4) MOM Eren Derdiyok (Bayer Leverkusen) 8.8

Game of the month
Boca Juniors 2 vs. 7 Bayern

Only because of the amount of goals scored against what is usually a quality side.

Player of the Month
Manuel Neuer - The only reason I picked him is because of the penalty shoot-out against Nurnberg where he saved two penalties.

View attachment 256949

League Table
View attachment 256950

View attachment 257095
Brave Lions Battle For Draw Against World Champions

England have managed to hold world champions Argentina to a 2-2 draw in Buenos Aires thanks to two goals from Peter Crouch. England took the lead early on but goals either side of half time put Argentina into the lead. A lesser team would have rolled over but England have recovered from the setbacks against the Czech Republic and Spain to fight back and get an equaliser. Conroy looks to be proving himself in big matches and the England fans will be hoping that carries on into qualification and the Euros. Conroy has also been performing well in Germany with Bayern Munich as they have one foot in the Champions League quarter final after a 4-2 victory over Manchester City at the Etihad.

February

Kind of a mixed month for Bayern but a good result for England this month. We did well to contain Argentina as much as possible but with the attacking players at their disposal we would have been hard pushed not to concede a goal. For Bayern we played really well against City and a 4-2 win was just incredible. However two draws in the league means our lead at the top has been closed to seven points. We had a goal disallowed late on against Wolfsburg and if we had won that, we would have been 12 points clear at the top. 11 games left in the league shouldn't be enough for Wolfsburg to claw us back, if they do then I may have to consider chucking my job in...

Schalke 1 vs. 4 Bayern
Petersen(31, 84), Kroos(54), Badstuber(69) MOM Alaba 8.9

Bayern 0 vs. 0 Wolfsburg
MOM Benaglio (Wolfsburg)

Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg
Man City 2 vs. 4 Bayern
Torres(31), Mensah(60), Ribery(63, 90) MOM Ribery 9.4

Kaiserslautern 0 vs. 2 Bayern
Gomez(51), Mensah(64) (Gomez sent off 79) MOM Robben 8.6

Bayern Munich 1 vs. 1 Nurnberg
Alaba(66) (Garay sent off 82) MOM Alaba 7.7

England

Argentina 2 vs. 2 England
Crouch(26, 62) MOM Hart 9.6

Game of the month
Man City 2 vs. 4 Bayern

There was no way that I thought we would be able to win by two goals away to City but Ribery played out of his skin and changed it around. Going behind twice just emphasises how strong we were.

Player of the Month
Franck Ribery - Purely for his performance against City, he bossed the game in the second half and won us the game, scoring two out of the four important away goals for us.

View attachment 257101

League Table
View attachment 257104

Your doing a pretty decent job, just wondered what tactics you were using?

Cheers mate :) And for Bayern I'm using a 4-2-3-1, mainly playing with a control mentality and a deep defensive line. I play with a lot of width and hit early crosses to try and hit Gomez up front. Umm that's all I can remember for the minute lol, I'll put up some screenies some time showing what I use.

just read through all of this and its absolutely great! keep it up mate hope you can win something with England! 6-2 against Czechs what happened there?

Back